United sign Mexico striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United sign Mexico striker

Manchester United have announced a deal with Chivas de Guadalajara to sign striker Javier Hernandez for an undisclosed fee subject to a work permit.

The 21-year-old, also known as Chicharito, has agreed personal terms and passed a medical. If his work permit is approved he will become a Reds player on July 1.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Now get a winger that can play on both wings, a creative midfielder, another defender and the CSKA goalkeeper.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He only has 4 caps.

How is he going to get a work permit?
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Because of his age and the fact that he has played with the other age group teams.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Those things won't affect anything.

I think what they are going to try do is count on the fact that, by July 1st (when they plan to officially sign him), he will have played in several more friendlies for Mexico, plus their games at the World Cup.

Those should significantly boost his chances of getting the WP.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

It does. they wouldn't expect a junior player to have too many caps.

Now he is signed his application will go right away to Immigration. They will not wait on anything.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If youth caps meant anything for securing a work permit then Bobby Convey would have been signed by Spurs in 2003. He had many of them and had even played in two World Youth Championships (U-17 and U-20). But he was turned down because he didn't have enough at the senior level.

And keep in mind that Chicharito is still not a Man Utd player yet. The move is still "subject to a successful work permit application". But the club is assuming that he will have played in the World Cup by July 1st, thus making the WP far more assured.
              - Xavi

Comment

Jermainie Johnson didn't have more than 4 caps when he was signed by Bolton.

Age play a role. If you 21 or under you stand a better chance if you have a few caps than if you are 22 and older.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Jermainie Johnson didn't have more than 4 caps when he was signed by Bolton.
                  You know, now that you mention that it made me think of Brad Guzan, who only had 5 caps and still got a work permit to sign with Aston Villa.

I think that the FA sets the requirements for the WP but then makes loads of exceptions when they please.
                  - Xavi

Comment

Like everything else a little politics involve. This also include how good your representatives are.

Comment

Working...
                    X