RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good morning Lazie, Jangle, Rockman, Man uites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Alex Ferguson plays down Wayne Rooney ankle injury

Rooney set up Darron Gibson's opener for United but was forced off with his ankle injury in the second half

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney did not seriously aggravate his ankle injury against Bayern Munich, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has stated.
    Rooney was a surprise starter in the Champions League quarter-final second leg having initially been ruled out with the injury he suffered in Germany.
    The 24-year-old went off injured in the second half as United won the leg 3-2, but exited on away goals.
    But Ferguson said: "I don't think it's serious. He'll be available next week."
    United were leading 4-3 on aggregate when Rooney went off having taken a blow to the same ankle that was diagnosed as having suffered ligament damage in last week's 2-1 first leg defeat.
    With United already down to 10 men following Rafael's sending off for a second bookable offence, Rooney was replaced by defender John O'Shea and had to watch from the bench as Arjen Robben struck a late volleyed winner to seal Bayern's progress.

606: DEBATE
    Should Rooney have been picked?
    Jean-Pierre_Blanc
    However, the news that the injury is not serious will be welcomed by England manager Fabio Capello with the World Cup kicking off in South Africa in two months.
    "He won't be out for too long and it was never a serious injury," Ferguson added.
    "He's burst a blood vessel just below the ankle joint. He is unlucky to go over on it again.

"He had a couple of challenges on it and he didn't get any protection from that, but we expected it anyway."
    Ferguson revealed that he had decided to include Rooney on Tuesday morning after putting his England striker through a demanding fitness test.
    "He had a training session after the main session and he was very impressive," said the Scot.
    "He did everything I asked of him. It was quite an intensive examination and the medical people thought there was no danger.
    "They said he may feel it in the second half but the fact that he went over on the ankle was just a bit unlucky."
    United now turn their attention to the Premier League run-in and Ferguson says the equation is simple: "We have to win our next five games. It's straightforward. There's no other issue for us. We have to go for it."
    Rooney will miss the first of their remaining matches, away at Blackburn on Sunday, as they head into the final five matches of the season trailing Premier League leaders Chelsea by two points.
    Last edited by Sir X; April 8, 2010, 10:57 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mi see say yuh feel left out ... ask Twan if yuh can come hang out pon the wall and watch the semis.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        You expect some diatribe of hate ? well let me state I love Man U !

I love to see you fall

I love to see you stumble

I love to see you mumble

I love to see you over achieve and fall short , flat on your face

I love to see and hear fergie rant like a lunatic the world is against Man U

I love to see you Injured .

I love to see you lose.

I am going to love seeing Chelsea or Arsenal pip you for 1st and 2nd.

I am going to love seeing you without any titles this season.

Now isnt that love.I dont think that love will ever die , you think you love Man u like me ?

Think again.
        I now know what REAL LOVE is.
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

we'll be watching u lose again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What you and others are missing is Fergie gave the world a glimpse at the new look Man U.Da Silva, Gibson etc are becoming, beware sah.
              I am sorry that Tevez is no longer a Man U player, we would be even better with the general, you are sorry he isn't because HIS new club, Manchester City, firmly holds the elusive(relate) fourth spot, making it likely they will qualify for CL and not Pool. Do remember, if it wasn't Manchester City it would've been Scaly's Tottenham.
              Relax boss, a just ball game)

Blessed

Comment

Look, Tevez stated his desire to remain at Man U loooong before the offer was made, and felt aggrieved(insomuch that Man U fans felt he was unfairly treated).How do we reconcile that with Man U making(finally)the offer, why the disconnect?
                We extended a few players' contract this season, did Man U wait until the last minute to do so?

I like to say Bricktop is an ingrate, so sad )

Blessed

Comment

To be honest its a sad state in Pools kingdom in that we are left to rejoice the demise of Man U , truth is I would rather see pool in C.L semifinal .I am honestly glad we are fighting for 4th and i hope we dont make it, to force the regimes hand .

One season less of C.L doesnt bother me the prem is the objective , we have enough C.L titles, as long as Man U are out the Kingdom is fine.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                  X