X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it aint so Andro...rub it in Fergie ....incompatible

Manchester United need Wayne Rooney - Carlo Ancelotti

Berbatov (left) looks on as Chelsea players celebrate at Old Trafford

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti says title rivals Manchester United are a weaker side without striker Wayne Rooney.
    An ankle injury meant Rooney missed United's 2-1 home loss to the Blues on Saturday, which leaves league leaders Chelsea two points clear of United.
    "They're not the same team without him," claimed Ancelotti. "Rooney is a fantastic player who is difficult to replace with anyone else."
    The 24-year-old is expected to be out for the next two to three weeks.
    Rooney, who has scored 34 goals for United in all competitions this season, suffered minor ligament damage in the closing stages of United's 2-1 Champions League quarter-final first leg defeat at Bayern Munich last Tuesday

It's not easy for United to maintain their characteristic and momentum without Rooney but they have the possibility to move on and I hope they get to the semi-final

Carlo Ancelotti

In his absence, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson opted to play Dimitar Berbatov in the lone striker role usually occupied by the England man in Saturday's defeat to Chelsea at Old Trafford.
    However, Ancelotti feels the two playing style of the two strikers is incomparable.
    "[Dimitar] Berbatov is good but Rooney is totally different," explained the 50-year-old Italian.
    "Rooney can sometimes come back to receive the ball and use it for all the team and then he can attack in any direction. He is an unbelievable player."
    With five games to go in the Premier League, Ancelotti feels the title momentum is now in favour of his side, who as well as holding a two-point advantage over United and three point lead over third-place Arsenal, have a superior goal difference to their rivals.
    606: DEBATE

I am sure Rooney will not be risked on Wednesday. Maybe he will be on the bench to give the team vital lift

Manchester united_MAD

"It is not a good moment for United after losing to Bayern during the week and because they have lost a very important player," added Ancelotti, whose side were eliminated from the Champions League at the last-16 phase by Inter Milan.
    "It's not easy for United to maintain their characteristic and momentum without Rooney but they have the possibility to move on and I hope they get to the semi-final."
    Newspaper reports suggest that England forward Rooney's recovery is going quicker than anticipated and that he may play some part in the Champions League second leg against Munich on Wednesday, but there has been no official confirmation of this from the club.
    With or without Rooney, United will need to make Premier League history if they are to retain their Premier League crown.
    Saturday's loss to Chelsea, courtesy of goals from Joe Cole and Didier Drogba before Federico Macheda's late consolation, was their seventh defeat of the season and no side has lifted the trophy having suffered so many losses in a 38-game campaign.
    Meanwhile Arsenal's title chances looked to be slipping away from them at the Emirates against Wolves before Nicklas Bentner's goal four minutes into injury-time kept them in the title race.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Actually, what Manchester needed yesterday was the officlas to do their jobs, but were obviously was in Chelsea's pocket.

This is the first game MU lost where Rooney was missing. I know all the critics are going to point to Rooney. Obviously there were other factors. Scholes passes were off, nothing to do with Rooney. Can't understand why Fergie broke protocol and started him in 3 consecutive games.

The decision not to start Nani back fired as prior to him coming on, everything was going down the right side. Very predictable. Nothing to do with Rooney.

Most of the crosses came from Neville and the crosses were poor. Again nothing to do with Rooney.

Yes, Rooney brings a spark to the attack, but they've won without him b4.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Giggs had a poor game too, and of course the costly oversight regarding the left flank increased tremendously Evra's workload.
      To put it mildly,I like Rooney's chances of converting those half chances...

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Giggs had a poor game too, and of course the costly oversight regarding the left flank increased tremendously Evra's workload.
        To put it mildly,I like Rooney's chances of converting those half chances...

Blessed
        Evra need rest. He has played all the league games so far. Seeing how the Chelsea rightback got in behind him is a cause for concern.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Who is Andro?
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

We got beaten by the better side on Saturday. Chel$ki defended excellently. Once again, SAF failed against a foreigner. He always approach these big games with a "new" tactic. He overthinks these games. Scholes, Neville and Giggs should not be on the field all at the same time. We lacked creativity from the midfield, and nothing from the left side. I think Rafael and Nani would have given us more in attacking options and Carrick should have been on for Scholes. Chel$ki dominated us and now we have to rely on luck to snatch the title from them.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              We got beaten by the better side on Saturday. Chel$ki defended excellently. Once again, SAF failed against a foreigner. He always approach these big games with a "new" tactic. He overthinks these games. Scholes, Neville and Giggs should not be on the field all at the same time. We lacked creativity from the midfield, and nothing from the left side. I think Rafael and Nani would have given us more in attacking options and Carrick should have been on for Scholes. Chel$ki dominated us and now we have to rely on luck to snatch the title from them.
              First half they were out of it. Second half they turned it around.

Comment

The second half they started to play much better but it still was not good enough. Berbatov needs to work on his heading. I tell you, we need an overhaul this summer. Scholes, Giggs and Neville need to take a back seat and the youngsters need to come through. Carrick needs to be given the role as playmaker. Darren Gibson needs more run in the team along with the twin. Evra has played if not all, almost every game for us. I also want to see more of Mechado and the African.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle... like you'll have to change your tag line for a day come May 1...LOL

BTW Is Anderson injured? haven't seen him for a while and you could do with a player of his tenacity.
                  Peter R

Comment

Why would I change it? It still applies. Yes Anderson is out until next season.

Comment

So who you supporting May 1 to win? Chelsea or Liverpool? You don't have to answer if you think it compromises your integrity ..or whatever..LOL I know the answer..

Too bad about Anderson; one of your players whose playing style I like.
                      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        So who you supporting May 1 to win? Chelsea or Liverpool? You don't have to answer if you think it compromises your integrity ..or whatever..LOL I know the answer..

Too bad about Anderson; one of your players whose playing style I like.

Yuh realize that Chelsea goes to Spurs on April 17th? Mi see where Torres say him want Arsenal to win, well tell him fi duh di maths.

Comment

So how is any of this X's business? If I remember correctly, Man U is still, at least until Wednesday, in the Champs league. Is Liverpool there? Man U is still set tp play Champs League ball next season. Is Liverpool in such a position? Man U has never gone through a season without qualifying for the Champs League. Has Liverpool done so? Man U has only finished less than second in the Prem maybe once or twice and has won the Prem more than 50% of the time. Why doesn't X, therefore, focus on the KOP's biz? So X, are the KOP winning the Prem next year?
                          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                            So how is any of this X's business? If I remember correctly, Man U is still, at least until Wednesday, in the Champs league. Is Liverpool there? Man U is still set tp play Champs League ball next season. Is Liverpool in such a position? Man U has never gone through a season without qualifying for the Champs League. Has Liverpool done so? Man U has only finished less than second in the Prem maybe once or twice and has won the Prem more than 50% of the time. Why doesn't X, therefore, focus on the KOP's biz? So X, are the KOP winning the Prem next year?
                            Wait .. yuh nuh hear say 4th is the new first?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              Actually, what Manchester needed yesterday was the officlas to do their jobs, but were obviously was in Chelsea's pocket.

This is the first game MU lost where Rooney was missing. I know all the critics are going to point to Rooney. Obviously there were other factors. Scholes passes were off, nothing to do with Rooney. Can't understand why Fergie broke protocol and started him in 3 consecutive games.

The decision not to start Nani back fired as prior to him coming on, everything was going down the right side. Very predictable. Nothing to do with Rooney.

Most of the crosses came from Neville and the crosses were poor. Again nothing to do with Rooney.

Yes, Rooney brings a spark to the attack, but they've won without him b4.
                              Refs did a poor job because

they instructed Scholes, passes off ...sent on Nani late...instructed Neville to produce mostly poor crosses.
                              Wiked refs!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X