Burrell makes move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell makes move

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Burrell makes move</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>Accepts post as vice-president of Clarendon FA</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>KAYON RAYNOR &amp; BEV MELBOURNE, Observer reporters
    Wednesday, December 13, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>BURRELL. I was asked to serve on the committee</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>VICE-PRESIDENT of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), Captain Horace Burrell, has made a significant step in his bid to regain the presidency of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).<P class=StoryText align=justify>Burrell, who lost the post to current president Crenston Boxhill on November 23, 2003, by a margin of 54-49, accepted an invitation from the Clarendon Football Association (CFA) to serve on their executive as a vice-president, during yesterday's launch of the Captain's Bakery Clarendon Major League football competition at the Hotel Versalles in the parish.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The post was left void following the resignation of Grade One referee Kevin Morrison earlier this year.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"All I'm saying is that I was asked to serve on the committee, pending ratification by the full board, and I have given an undertaking...," Burrell said last evening on the Sports Grill programme aired on HITZ 92 FM.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I have said to the Clarendon executive committee that yes I would be willing to offer my services. Whatever I can do to enhance the whole administration of the parish, I'd be willing to do it," Burrell added.<P class=StoryText align=justify>According to president of the CFA, Michael Ricketts, Morrison quit his position due to a conflict of interest.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"FIFA has instructed that referees ought not to participate in activities outside of refereeing. It therefore meant that one of our referees, and an excellent administrator (Morrison), had to resign as a member of the CFA, and as our league co-ordinator," Ricketts explained yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>This possibly clears the way for Burrell to challenge for the nation's top football post. Under the current statutes of the JFF, only bona fide delegates or affiliates with the federation can run for executive positions at the General Voting Congress, which is constitutionally due next November.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Observer understands that the present administration is in the process of making changes to the statutes and by-laws of the federation, which would require ratification.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Burrell served as JFF president between 1994-2003 and was largely credited for guiding the Reggae Boyz's historic qualification to the 1998 World Cup Finals in France.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He was also at the helm of the local governing body when the Under-17s and Under-20s qualified for the FIFA World Championships in New Zealand and Argentina in 1999 and 2001 - both unprecedented achievements in the island's football history.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Burrell makes move

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...amp;category=1

Hanover, Westmoreland, Portland, Manchester, *Clarendon, St Ann, St Catherine...St. James...&amp; Trelawny(?)...did I miss anyone?

Yet,I would love to see Burrell and Boxhill in the same JFF administration!Ideally one would keep the other on his toes!

*Isn't supposed to be the heart of Boxhill's territory?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>"I want to support football in every possible way!" </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Yeah, now that elections are near. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>"I am about nation building!" :w00t:</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Why should Clarendon be more Boxhill's than Burrell's, Karl?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Burrell is nothing is not a master politician and you cnat beat that with a bat.

I have NO INSIDE info but here is what happened...Clarendon would never vote for Burrell no matter how much money he spent there and he knew that. If I know he knows too.

So here is what he does, he goes straight to the heart of the enemy and joins them so he does not have to rely on his spies to give him info, he infiltrates them like any good army man should do.

So now he will use his string arm tactics and bad manism and split the Clarendon FA from within and will at least get three of the delegate votes that way.

Poor Michael Rickkets he has no choice, he cant reject the sponsorship money as he cant go anywhere else and get that kind of money without interuptingthe football in his parish so what shoud he do?

Smile, say the right things and go with the flow.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (12/13/2006)

So now he will use his string arm tactics and bad manism and split the Clarendon FA from within and will at least get three of the delegate votes that way.
          Mi nuh know how you can make such statements and then be so sensitive when people talk about Boxhill and badman tactics.

Comment

Is it your time of the month or it is Menapause? When have I ever gotten 'sensitive' when people talk about Boxhill...youth you fi stop tell lie and move with your fiction.

Find another target my youth cause me nuh have no time fi you seen?
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (12/13/2006)Is it your time of the month or it is Menapause? When have I ever gotten 'sensitive' when people talk about Boxhill...youth you fi stop tell lie and move with your fiction.

Once again you show you can't communicate without the insult business. Kindly do better.

You same one got upset when man was talking about Boxhill and him links to shady people. Yet you willing to come on the board and always make all sorts of allegations like nothing wrong with that. Look back at the history of your posts or ask anybody else on the forum how sensitive you are when people talk about Boxhill. When you post your bias is quite evident.Same way you want to dis Tappa about his speaking and then at the same time claim Earl Bailey is suitable for television.

Hopefully you will work on the bias and and your communication skills. No need for the insult business.

Comment

Sickko (12/13/2006)Is it your time of the month or it is Menapause? When have I ever gotten 'sensitive' when people talk about Boxhill...youth you fi stop tell lie and move with your fiction.

How you so touchy boss? Your hate for one and "love" for the other side should not be aired in public...seeing that you are a journalist and someone who is looked upon for a balanced view on issues like these...sure, you dont post as a journalist when yo upost here...but many here knowwho you are.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

What is the big deal? Burrell on numerous occassions state that he is running and he is from Clarendon so what? Any FA he joined it would create a big stink, if he joined KSAFA, Portland, St.Mary or St. James we would have something to say.

I can only hope Clarendon use it to their advantage.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not sure if anyone can just become a vp of any FA just like that, I am sure the constitution speaks to delegates from clubs being eleigible to be voted on FAs....I need to make some calls
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

If you liked women I would say Earl Bailey took one away from you but that cant be the case...two years now and you are still fixated on this iditotic subject.

The FACT which you or anyone else cant dispute is that while Whitmore was a great player in his time, public speaking was never his strong point and ofcourse you would have missed my post when I gave him favorable ratings in that while he lived in England and Scotland for a longer time that Santa Claude he has never tried to affect an accent.

You also would not know the relationship that Whitmore and I have had for the past 15 years or so which has nothing to do with my being a journalist.

But ofcourse you wouild not have seen that....you need to get a life and quickly maybe you cna put it on your Christmas list.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X