All about mind games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about mind games!

If you can’t beat them, join them. That seems to be the approach Bayern Munich boss Louis van Gaal has taken to tonight’s Champions League showdown with Manchester United.

Mind games surrounding United games tend to involve Reds manager Sir Alex Ferguson. But at the Allianz Arena on Monday afternoon, van Gaal embarked on his own attempt at reverse psychology.

“We are playing against a level-one team and Bayern are not yet at that level,” he said of the four-times European champions. “The difference is that United show level-one form on a consistent basis.

“I know the organisation within United is very good. I am jealous of this organisation. If we had it at Bayern, we would be one step further.”

On Tuesday morning, Sir Alex spoke to MUTV. When asked about van Gaal’s comments, the boss smiled wryly before answering: “I’ve done that sort of thing myself over the years. But I don’t think he’s trying to kid us… he surely knows I won’t fall for it! We won’t be complacent.”

The Reds haven’t been beaten on the road in Europe since May 2007 (16 games) and have lost just once in the last 14 fixtures in all competitions.

“We’re going into the game in the right form and that’s important,” Sir Alex said. “The team’s come together very well and defensively we’re looking really good – that pleases me more than anything.”

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...newsid=6647724
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Defensively? ...very good?
    ...more like very lucky over the last several games. The GUNNERS, Wolverhampton and Villa missed numerous chances. Presently that BoyU defensive line has been letting through opponents for goalscoring chances as if it were a sieve.

...as to the Bayern Munich game? The number of goalscoring opportunities Bayern Munich carved out were numerous!
    Last edited by Karl; March 31, 2010, 07:49 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Defensively? ...very good?
      ...more like very lucky over the last several games. The GUNNERS, Wolverhampton and Villa missed numerous chances. Presently that BoyU defensive line has been letting through opponents for goalscoring chances as if it were a sieve.

...as to the Bayern Munich game? The number of goalscoring opportunities Bayern Munich carved out were numerous!
      How many chances Arsenal got in the 3-1 loss? Don't make up stuff. How many chances Villa got after MU went down to 10 men? You talk as if MU didn't miss chances as well?

Yes, Bayern got alot of chances .... now lets see how the 2nd leg guh.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X