• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayern Munich Winger Arjen Robben: Manchester United Are A '

Bayern Munich Winger Arjen Robben: Manchester United Are A 'One-Man Team'

By Adithya Ananth

Mar 28, 2010 9:43:00 AM

Arjen Robben insists Manchester United are a "one-man team", and believes that Bayern Munich will overcome their opponents and carve out a path into the semi-finals of the Champions League.

The Dutchman is expected to make his first appearance against an English side following a successful stint with Chelsea three years ago when the two sides meet on Tuesday night for the first leg of the quarter-finals.

Presently, the Netherlands international insists that the Red Devils have become over-reliant on striker Wayne Rooney, following the departures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez last summer.

"This Manchester United team is not invincible," Robben told the News of the World.

"If the press want to see them as favourites then that suits us because all the pressure will be on them.

"I have watched them on television many times recently and their team is certainly not as powerful as it was in the last two years."

He added: "Rooney has been phenomenal this season.

"But at the moment he seems to be their only solution: What about if he doesn't function?

"He has become the star of the side since the sale of Ronaldo last summer but we will be prepared to stop him.

"They are almost a one-man team so our defenders will give him 180 minutes of non-stop distraction."

The Bavarians are still out for blood due to the manner of the loss in the final in 1999, when the Germans lost thanks to injury-time goals from substitutes Teddy Sheringham and
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, after it had appeared to be on course for the Champions League title.

Eleven years on, Robben insists that his side would like nothing more than to dump United out of the competition.

"Our own supporters still have memories of that final in Barcelona," the 26-year-old winger said.

"And I have been made well aware of how terrible that moment was for the club.

"They are after revenge but they also remember very well the success they have had in this competition in past years.

"I would love to give them the joy of getting through to the semi-finals."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/cha...r-united-are-a
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

One man team? Really? MU scored 10 goals in the group games and Rooney didn't score one. When Michael Owen had 4 UCL goals, Rooney didn't have one, how come no one was calling the team a one man team then?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

where do I find the info on the new girl in usain life
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

do what usain did to find her...GOOGLE her!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It would be nice if he did not reveal his true identity when he made initial contacts.....

Blessed

Comment

Working...
          X