• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well It isnt only Maxwell with the Badwuds

Spectacular goals rescue Wadadah
    published: Tuesday | December 12, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody>

Adrian Frater, News Editor

Former Seba Coach Geofrey Maxwell listens to Wadadah Coach Anthony 'Follis' Williams

Western Bureau:

Wadadah FC, behind two spectacular second half goals by Raphael Palmer and Arval Campbell and a tough expletive-laced half-time talk by coach Anthony 'Follies' Williams, rallied from a 0-2 first half deficit to draw 2-2 with Seba United in their 2006-07 Wray &amp; Nephew NPL <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; COLOR: orange! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: orange 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; POSITION: static; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Montego </SPAN><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; COLOR: orange! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: orange 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; POSITION: static; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Bay</SPAN> derby at Jarrett Park on Sunday night.

In a game of two contrasting halves, Seba United looked well on the way to winning the game when goals by Ricardo Geddes and Glenroy Miller gave them a two-goal advantage going into the second half.

However, it was not to be, thanks to Wadadah's improved second half play. By virtue of sharing the points, the two Montego Bay teams remain in the lower half of the 12-team standings in ninth and 10th places respectively, as while they are locked on an identical 14 points each, the Wadadah team enjoys a superior goal difference.

Feisty talk

While it was the goals by Palmer and Campbell that earned Wadadah a share of the points, for coach Williams, it was his feisty half-time talk that made the difference and woke up the players to the reality that they were not playing to their pre-game plan.

"A just pure bad words me tell them half-time because I am getting sick and tired of this foolishness with players not following instructions," said Willams, who has felt the wrath of the JFF in the past for his choice of words when issuing instructions from the team's bench. "I also made it clear to Rohan Reid that he was either going to play centre-half or I was going to take him off the field."

Off to a blazing start and looking quite ominous, the Seba United team took the lead in the eighth minute.

On a dribble down the right flank, Norman Foster fired in a superb cross into the path of Geddes, whose pin-point header flashed past <A class=kLink id=KonaLink1 style="POSITION: static; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" href="http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20061212/sports/sports13.html#" target=_new><SPAN class=kLink
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

RE: Well It isnt only Maxwell with the Badwuds

up here in the states a nuff badword college coaches cuss.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well it depends on how the badwords are used, right? and these Wadadah players are not Under 17 either...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Badword is hurting U-17 yutes how? Them yute deh a some big yute and hear them things and say those things all day during school.

Comment

Working...
        X