Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close call for Rooney

<DIV class=newsStory>

Wayne Rooney almost sustained injury in the most unlikely of circumstances on Monday night - while watching the New York Knicks on a short break.

The United striker and fiancée Coleen McLoughlin were sat courtside as the basketball giants suffered a home defeat tothe Boston Celtics at Madison Square Garden.

In the early stages of the game however, Knicks star Paul Pierce - 6 feet 8 inchestall - lunged for a loose ball and clattered into the striker's right foot.

Fortunately for Wazza, he sustained no damage to the foot which suffered such a high-profile injury before last summer's World Cup. "It was scary," Rooney laughed after the game. "He rolled right over my foot."

United's players were allowed three days off after the Manchester derby following a gruelling period of games, before returning on Wednesdayto prepare for Sunday's trip to West Ham United.</DIV>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Close call for Rooney

Whew....Sir Lazie.....As Lord and Protector of the Kingdom of Empire I expect that you and a handful of serfswill challenge this scrapper Pierce to a joust and have him drawn and quarteredfor even looking in Sir Wayne's direction. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

All my years on this earth, a di fuss smoke come outa mi ears. The Celtics waan mi get wicked.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Makes you wonder if it's a setup thing. Just wondering how far Roman money stretch. Things that make you go hmmmm............
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

auugghhhh Jangle. Yuh see it tuh?

Comment

Jangle (12/12/2006)Makes you wonder if it's a setup thing. Just wondering how far Roman money stretch. Things that make you go hmmmm............
            Yu si....dis is why mi rate yu Jangle.....Your ability tothe pattern in seemingly random events is impressive. You are like Charlie Epps from Numb3rs to rhatid. Roman money stretch far yes! Is damage him did try to damage Rooney. Unfortunately for him Sir Wayne was on to his plot just in time as he avoided serious injury. It is reasons like this why I hate Chelsea. They refuse to lose like men. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Ununh jokin right... Pierce don't know Wayne Rooney from Andy Rooney... the most I would give unuh was him did tink seh it was de wata bwoy a siddung pon de job an decide fi teach him a lesson:hehe:

pr
              Peter R

Comment

yuh si peter r....all dem haffi duh is show pierce a picture and seh "dis is yuh target, mek it look like an accident, the polonium t'ing too messy" (or however they would say it in russian)....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X