We beat T&T again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We beat T&T again...

Jamaica's all-schools team beat them 3-1 on aggregate to win the Friendship trophy...The Jamaicans won today's game 2-0 after Friday's first game ended 1-1.

Whe Nyamdirt deh?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: We beat T&T again...

and I heard on the news that some of our best players had to come home yesterday due to some flight mix up so we played them with a B team...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

ohh yuh think them was the best our secondary school had to offer ?

Comment

LOL, you silly little man, why didnt they play the best team then?
        Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>I guess their better players missed the flight to the stadium.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Nyamdirt, how about posting the highlight clips? We would all so like to see 'em. Thanks in advance!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They are using that competition to give players who dont get picked at any national level experience ... excluding a few national team players those are not the best our secondary school has to offer

Comment

Nam the shirt, tek licks and stop finding excuses. We can only play what team you put in front of us.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

the beatings will continue unless morale improves!!!

yuh nyamming more than dirt these days!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

well it follows logically, our top team beats your top team (u-20) and now our b team beat your b team! par for the course!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is this really news Sickko? I mean we beat T&amp;T in life period so what you are posting is redundant. Now if we were to lose to T&amp;T in anyendeavor that would be real news worthy of posting. - T.K.
                    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Don't?

I was really looking forward to some near misses by the scuba strikers doh. Nyamdirt, yuh sure yuh cyaan come up wid someting?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah man....Sickko might as well have posted "Sun Rises in East".....now that would have been more surprising then us once again demonstrating our dominance over all things trini. - T.K.

Comment

Why you guys hating on T&amp;T so? The reality is that whichever way you slice is them who reach WC this year... win the big prize so to speak.

The problem with Jamaica isis lack of continuity and inability to reach a WC second time. I suspect T&amp;T will fall victim to this syndrome as well. The ideal situation would be to assist one another to build our programmes to overcome the dominance of Mexico, USA&amp; Costa Rica. That is, by increasing our interaction with one another.... yes, increase the rivalry but we also need to hunt bigger game. Psychologically we can pump ourselves up to meet T&amp;T but when we in the face of US and Mexico we quail...

BTW, Altho' I am not a Jack Warner fan it was he who gave JA the "formula" to qualify for 98 WC. The difference was JA implemented the plan with Simoes etc and the rest was history. If you ask me T&amp;T qualified by fluke for this WC as there was no REAL plan in place;and the fact there was an additional spot to play for.

ANd I still believe that the whole schoolboy program needs to be integrated into a seamless developmnet plan for football...There is too muchpassion and intensity displayed among schoolboy football (JA &amp; TT alike) for usto continue segregating schoolbycompetition from anational development program.

pr
                          Peter R

Comment

Peter R (12/12/2006)Why you guys hating on T&amp;T so? The reality is that whichever way you slice is them who reach WC this year... win the big prize so to speak.

The problem with Jamaica isis lack of continuity and inability to reach a WC second time. I suspect T&amp;T will fall victim to this syndrome as well. The ideal situation would be to assist one another to build our programmes to overcome the dominance of Mexico, USA&amp; Costa Rica. That is, by increasing our interaction with one another.... yes, increase the rivalry but we also need to hunt bigger game. Psychologically we can pump ourselves up to meet T&amp;T but when we in the face of US and Mexico we quail...

BTW, Altho' I am not a Jack Warner fan it was he who gave JA the "formula" to qualify for 98 WC. The difference was JA implemented the plan with Simoes etc and the rest was history. If you ask me T&amp;T qualified by fluke for this WC as there was no REAL plan in place;and the fact there was an additional spot to play for.

ANd I still believe that the whole schoolboy program needs to be integrated into a seamless developmnet plan for football...There is too muchpassion and intensity displayed among schoolboy football (JA &amp; TT alike) for usto continue segregating schoolbycompetition from anational development program.

pr
                            Backside Peter.....my posts were not meantto offend sir.These are specifically meant to draw Naminirt out. Anyone else including Trinis should not take my posts personally. I just want to get under Naminirt's skin iyah. A nuh nutten. No hating here. Sometimes Nyamdirt need a taste of his own medicine. - T.K.

Comment

Peter R (12/12/2006)

pr
                              If you ask me it is commonsense! The schools have in place much of what is needed to create 'mini-academies' - the captive students/players, administration - schools &amp; their physical education departments, support groups - individual past students - e.g. doctors, successful business persons, past students' associations, PTAs, etc., fields, class-rooms &amp; audio-visual rooms, some amount of funding as funds the schools receive helps to meet/maintain the facilities shared with sports...etc., etc.

I have been bawling at our JFF to 'win friends and influence' persons within the schools &amp; colleges and improve the environment in schools for development of players and to cooperate/integrate with clubs/parishes/confeds/JFF's national team programs to maximize talent and improve end product (players &amp; national teams) to no avail!

Am I dumb or are the JFF brass dumb? :w00t:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X