• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghana coach launches scathing Balotelli attack

Ghana coach launches scathing Balotelli attack
    http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/content/view/5087/51/
    Thursday, 25 February 2010
    Rajevac says Balotelli pursuit is over
    Ghana coach Milovan Rajevac has launched an astonishing attack on Mario Balotelli insisting "there is no place in the Black Stars" for the Inter Milan striker.

The Serbian tactian has vowed that his pursuit of Italy youth international has ended after Balotelli made 'childish' remarks about the West African country over their quest for him to play in their national team.

Rajevac is fuming over reports that Balotelli says he will never play in a Ghana jersey even though his biological parents hail from the giants of African football.

Ghana authorities have been openly chasing the youngster to play for the Black Stars but his recent comments in the Italian media about the West African country have angered the Serbian manager.

Rajevac says the Black Stars are spoilt for choice when it comes to [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]quality [COLOR=blue ! important]players[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and players with Balotelli's attitude will not make the grade in the Ghana team.

"We are partly to blame. In the past, we made him look like our messiah and saviour. We kept going after him with high powered delegations," Rajevac told Football365.co.za.

"All these, made it seem as though, there won't be any Black Stars without him. But that is not true.

"Everybody knows how Ghana has players in excess and the difficulty sometimes I go through just to have my squad. To put it bluntly, this Black Stars team is spoilt for choice. The team has quality in excess and has no place for guys like Balotelli", he said.

The Serbian believes that the 20-year-old's recent interview to the Italian media on his willingness to play for Azzurri ahead ofGhana, smacks of childishness.

"I have listened to the conversation very well. It seems to me that he has already made up his mind. Fair enough, but that only solves half of his problem.

"He was talking as if, the next day, he is going to be allowed to wear the jersey of the Azzurri. It doesn't happen that way. Balotelli has a long way to go. If he thinks by snubbingGhana he would be winning the heart of Marcello Lippi, then I am sorry, it won't happen."

Rajevac added that as long as he remains the coach of the Black Stars, Balotelli will never wear the Ghana jersey.

"As long as I continue to be the coach of the Black Stars, Mario will never get to play for my team. We have treated him with very soft and tender gloves in the past. This time, it won't happen. Mario should forget it," Rajevac said.

"Nobody will go over and talk to him to change his decision. I have no place for him so he can go ahead and dream of playing for the Azzurri which I know he won't get."

Balotelli was born to Ghanaian immigrant parents but was raised by an Italian couple.

The talented striker has never hidden his affection to play for the Azzurri and in a recent interview said: "I have never felt Ghanaian.

"My parents come from Ghana but I don't know anything about that country. I have never thought of playing for Ghana neither do I have any inclination towards the team. It is Italy or no other country."

I saw some interesting comments on the Ghanaian website. He is not ready for the Italian squad and it is not necessary for him to diss the land of his birth.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

When did he diss Italy?
      Peter R

Comment

there are some lessons in this for us. but will we learn them?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Seet deh Zeppo.
          Can't say I didn't warn you. This youth dis Ghana bigtime. He needs to be more diplomatic.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I meant Ghana his parents homeland.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

No of course not!

Comment

This world where people dont want players to say what they feel.

The man say him parents abandon him and never cared until he became popular. He speaks none of the languages of his parents land, he doesn't know their culture and he was raised as an Italian. If he was a white Italian with parents from Holland, this wouldn't even be much of a discussion point.

No diss to Ghana. Man simply tell the truth. Is Ghana foolish for running him down like they did.

Comment

Even if his parents didnt abandon him , or he spoke Ghanian , once a man says im waan represent another country , leff di man , the pursuit of the man will make the FA and nation look like fools.

Have we learned?
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The Tyrone Mears situation says a lot.

Comment

The youth childish fi true,even if him never want fi play fi Ghana him shoulda be more diplomatic.Also he wants to play for a nation where him get racially abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        The youth childish fi true,even if him never want fi play fi Ghana him shoulda be more diplomatic.Also he wants to play for a nation where him get racially abused.
                        LOL. This coming from a Brit. You must be joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                          LOL. This coming from a Brit. You must be joking.
                          A who you a call Brit?If i did deh near you i woulda .....................

Comment

[quote=Me;215058]
                            This world where people dont want players to say what they feel.
                            I dont think that people dont want players to speak truthful but Balotelli couldve been a bit more mature about it.

The man say him parents abandon him and never cared until he became popular. He speaks none of the languages of his parents land, he doesn't know their culture and he was raised as an Italian. If he was a white Italian with parents from Holland, this wouldn't even be much of a discussion point.
                            Im actually surprised that he is disinterested in knowing his family roots. Whether or not he didnt want to play for them, I would assume he would be curious to know his culture. There are few people I know of Surinamese descent born in Holland and they will quite rightly represent themselves as Surinamese even though they're from Holland.

No diss to Ghana. Man simply tell the truth. Is Ghana foolish for running him down like they did

Ghana might be foolish for doing so, but to be fair to them they want the best players available. Every nation wants an edge. Western European nations like France, Portugal, Germany, Spain have historically raped the African continent for decades at the expense of nations like Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Mozambique, and others.

Comment

Inter star Balotelli accuses biological parents of glory hun

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                              I saw some interesting comments on the Ghanaian website. He is not ready for the Italian squad and it is not necessary for him to diss the land of his birth.
                              Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                              I meant Ghana his parents homeland.
                              Your error says a lot.

You still either can't or don't want to recognize the fact that he wasn't born in Ghana and the country had nothing to do with his upbringing.

And as far as his parents are concerned, you might want to read this article:

Inter star Balotelli accuses biological parents of glory hunting
                              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                              - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X