X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies to Carlos Tevez. The biggest idiot

in football is... drum roll please ...

Bridge refuses England call up

Wayne Bridge told the England camp on Thursday morning that he is not ready to be in the same dressing room as John Terry and has wished the team well at the World Cup in South Africa.

GettyImagesWayne Bridge has thrown in the international towel.

Bridge, whose ex-partner had an alleged affair with Terry, was less than enthusiastic following Thursday's phone call inviting him to join up with the England squad for next Wednesday's friendly with Egypt at Wembley.
    And the Manchester City defender has released a statement through his lawyers confirming his decision to reject an international call-up, and has seemingly ruled himself out of a place in Fabio Capello's World Cup squad.
    "I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of the reporting and events over the last few weeks," the statement said.
    "It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive.
    "Sadly therefore I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection.
    "I have today informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa."
    Capello had expected the Manchester City left-back to return to the England team with Ashley Cole injured. Soccernet understands that England officials have asked Bridge to re-consider his stance, but that now seems unlikely.
    Bridge's refusal to join up with England may leave Capello needing to call up both Everton's Leighton Baines and Blackburn's Stephen Warnock.
    With Cole in a race for his fitness in time for South Africa, the England coach had been relying on Bridge to put his personal grievances to one side, particularly as Capello took on the challenge of stripping Terry of the England captaincy. But Bridge is in no mood to forgive Terry after his alleged affair with Vanessa Perroncel, the mother of his child.
    The England camp have suggested that Bridge should ignore his personal feud with Terry for the good of his own career, and his chances of going to South Africa. But Bridge cannot face the prospect of being in close proximity to his former Chelsea colleague even for the short period of the build-up to the Egypt game, so it would be intolerable to be in his company for more than six weeks this summer.
    The Manchester City defender also has the emotional turmoil of facing Terry when their clubs clash this weekend, and clearly he is in no mood to shake the Chelsea captain's hand in the traditional pre-match exchanges between Premier League sides.
    Capello alerted 32 players on Thursday to prepare to be in the final squad of 23 for the Egypt game as the England coach awaits medical updates on Jermain Defoe, injured in Spurs FA Cup replay win over Bolton, and the latest back problem to affect Rio Ferdinand, who has been unlikely to be included for some time.
    The Manchester United defender had already been ruled out of Sunday's Carling Cup final at Wembley against Aston Villa because of the same injury. "He won't be fit for the England game - that is obvious," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. Liverpool midfielder Steve Gerrard is sure to lead England in his absence.
    If Ferdinand continued to have problems and missed the World Cup, and Gerrard went down with an injury, Frank Lampard would then step up, although the impossible might become possible and Terry might even be considered to return as England captain.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Can one ******** be so stupid? Initially I thought Terry was doing the chick while she and Bridge were together ..... it was after they broke up. In that case ... whats the big deal? If he was interested he shoulda put a ring pon it. Now this fool turn the chance to play in a World Cup because Terry shagged his ex girlfriend?

Bricktop ... HL .... how many clowns unuh have in the Man City circus?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Only people that have had to be in the presence for a prolonged period of time of the person that has impregnated their girlfriend and then arrange for the abortion is allowed to comment on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shola View Post
        Only people that have had to be in the presence for a prolonged period of time of the person that has impregnated their girlfriend and then arrange for the abortion is allowed to comment on this.
        Shola ... get it right ... ex girlfriend.

Comment

No chance of Terry being dropped and that is what. Bridge overlooked.He should thank Terry for exposing(to him)his ex.

Blessed

Comment

I thought the woman was having an affair with both men at the same time. If that was indeed the case, Terry should be kicked off the England team.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
              I thought the woman was having an affair with both men at the same time. If that was indeed the case, Terry should be kicked off the England team.
              No ... based on what I'm reading its after they broke up. If they're no longer together .... why should Terry tarry? Afterall, opportunity comes but once.

Comment

yuh can stay deh, a spin dat a long time him a joe

Comment

So it is OK to date your brethen's Ex? A wha this mi a read on the forum???
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                    So it is OK to date your brethen's Ex? A wha this mi a read on the forum???
                    To each his own. Wayne Bridge has nothing to complain about because they were no longer together. Futhermore ... he needs to get over it and stop being a damn punk.

Comment

it all depends on the time frame since their breakup. Anyway you take it, JT is a fassyhole. It is an unwritten rule that you don't screw yuh bonafide bredrin's woman.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

that being said, Bridge is a big eediat still!
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          it all depends on the time frame since their breakup. Anyway you take it, JT is a fassyhole. It is an unwritten rule that you don't screw yuh bonafide bredrin's woman.
                          Apparently she heard Terry singing Beenie's "Yuh want a proper fix? Call me!" So, she called. Furthermore, who said they were bonafide bredrin?

Comment

Lazie rule of principle is you don't screw your brethren X or if you have to, just don't get caught.

They may not have been involved at the time but clearly Bridge was not over it. Having both Wayne and Terry in the team would be a distraction if the can't at least accept responsibilities. Especially playing so close together.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Lazie rule of principle is you don't screw your brethren X or if you have to, just don't get caught.

They may not have been involved at the time but clearly Bridge was not over it. Having both Wayne and Terry in the team would be a distraction if the can't at least accept responsibilities. Especially playing so close together.
                              Bull5hit! Because of that this fool pass up the chance to play in the world cup? Were they bredrens or just team mates? Different tings.

Comment

Working...
                              X