Racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism?

Is it me or did you guys notice that Diego and the Argentina players did not go by to congratulate the Jamaican players? Not even as much as a hand shake to any Jamaican. Diego kept going around and embracing each player then the team grouped together and cheered the crowd, then they came off. You would think it was them alone who played the game.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Saw some hand shaking.

Comment

I missed it.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Diego nuh must happy? Mi woulda happy too after them save mi job inna dis ya recession.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Still no excuse. He has all the time after the match to congratulate his team. The moment to extend the hand to the opposition in a show of sportsmanship is fleeting... This goes for him and the Argentine team.

Comment

he is a recovering crackhead. what yuh expect from him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OK, so what about the team? Are they recovering crackheads too?

Comment

I saw that too. Diego did not even make an effort to shake Tappa's or any of the Yard players hands. Not surprised though. This is Argentina we are talking about. One of the most racist countries in our side of the world.

Comment

Must be me because one of the few handshakes I thought I saw was between the two coaching staffs. Might have to go and check my eyes.

Comment

bricktop team tho suh kibba unnuh mout'....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

brickie?! yuh mean brown man brickie?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                        Must be me because one of the few handshakes I thought I saw was between the two coaching staffs. Might have to go and check my eyes.
                        Yeah, I saw one handshake between two of people of the opposing coaching staff but not the head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                          Is it me or did you guys notice that Diego and the Argentina players did not go by to congratulate the Jamaican players? Not even as much as a hand shake to any Jamaican. Diego kept going around and embracing each player then the team grouped together and cheered the crowd, then they came off. You would think it was them alone who played the game.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Maybe more like 'ego' problem created by their coach (DM)who desperately needs all the help and support at this point in his life and coaching career by his forgiving country. This is his last chance to survive in football (leading ???? Argentia). They are so much passionate about winning that it's first before the Laws of the Game. The JFF evidently got $20,000 and could be better than a hand shake. Well done their for your captain. I'm sure the Boyz and Tappa will be hand shakers of their opponents in the future and have walked away from this match not that bad off from a 1-2 lost. The game in all it stands for will now become a greater learning experience as the days go by for the players and staff and they will have grown as a man must.....in consideration of others more than yourself.

Paul Banta
                          "The Lord is in Control"

Comment

more like being a snob I AM MARADONA even diego has to make an appointment to see me. having said that there may be a elemant of racism but it is perhaps more an ego thing fi true.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Right after the game, one of our officials went over and shook Diego's hands but I did not see much mingling.

Argentina is not known for its many dark skinned people and if we recall it was a haven for Nazis after WWII
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X