Good Effort by the Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Effort by the Team

Hard for them to lose at the end like that, but you they were bound to score after that wave after wave of attack. The pace of our forward line will clearly give any defense problems. The team is good at getting people behind the ball.

The same problems are evident. Our defenders and midfielders are poor off the ball and unable to maintain possession while under pressure. Richie Edwards need to step it up big time if he wants to hold his place in the team. Right now he simply looks like a man who you bring on as sub to lock things down. Until the junior level players start to improve in that area we probably will not see it at the senior level. Going to England can't solve that one because is usually some donkey defenders they give us.

Miller is the typical Jamaican goalkeepeer. Good reflex with a bag of nonesense on numerous occassions. Dwayne Kerr has the same issues at the higher level.

Good game

I remember seeing some people saying Burrell shouldn't play the game.
    That prove them wrong. The team go inna the heart of Argentina and perform.

Now certain players should be looking over their shoulder. I have been saying Ryan Johnson fi get his run for a little while now. I believe he and Omar Cummings are good addition to our squad. They can play inside, wide and are good team players. Big up to Johnson and the team.

The Argentina Supporters were alive and well.

Credible performance.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

(Tripple wry smile!)

The match is on Telemundo on Saturday - 2.30pm Eastern. You may wish to change your impressions after watching!

I'll just say that from the point of preparation for 2010 I was embarrassed by our performance...and not one player performed in a redeeming manner!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

1-1 away to Argentina can't be bad.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Offensive we were horrible and will always be horrible against strong opposition because our players are simply very poor technically. Austin, Edwards, Taylor, Reid and Lovell are not good under pressure, but the can all defend well. We will keep teams out, but struggle to maintain possession.

Having Cummings and Johnson is also beneficial defensively because those guys put in their fair share of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            I remember seeing some people saying Burrell shouldn't play the game.
            Those persons were wrong. We need more matches against quality opposition. ...dare I say, better opposition than this Argentina team. Results like these cause us to lose perspective of what really took place and that communicates to the players and cause a mistaken belief we played well. ...and it would appear it makes some of our players...it leads some of our players into thinking 'bad' is 'good'. Rooting us to '2nd form type play'!

This performance by our REGGAEBOYZ was not just horrible...it was EXTREMELY HORRIBLE!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

we went to the world cup playing the same way. not saying that is alrite, but let's not act like wi watching something different now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My think is Defense come first. If you can't score then keep them out. We need a few more games and fine tuning for the players.

Yes Cumming and Johnson help out in defense and then make the transition to forward very quickly and that is part of what I like about both of their games. The offense won't get no better until we get a General midfielder to hold up the ball and make a few telling pass and the players need a coach to actually help them breakdown defensive plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Those persons were wrong. We need more matches against quality opposition. ...dare I say, better opposition than this Argentina team.
                  you can't get much better, karl! stay deh bringing down the boyz.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yep, we definitely need more games like that. When we play against the CONCACAF opposition except for Mexico, we are able to maintain our possession easily and just bounce the ball around. these teams are going to force us to think much quicker

Comment

Come on Digicel step up to the plate. Ireland or Scotland next Mr. Obrien

Comment

They defended as horrible as they were in possession! The Argentinians missed and missed and missed opportunities!

...and they were helped by our players giving away the ball 'millions' of times and our 'keeper running under the ball on at least 4 occasions! It is a waste comparing our Reggaeboyz to 2nd formers...or even our NPL (DPL)...we must compare our team to USA, Mexico and higher ranked teams. ...in my mind aiming lower is just not the mark of a serious JFF!

Comment

You can't get better than that Argentina team. LOL
                          Mosiah, you really reaching to rhatid.

I am fine if for now we simply try to play against teams at the level of that Argentina team and then step up to the full squad of the big nations.

Comment

The '98 team was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better!

Comment

matter of opinion

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X