No announcement yet.

Charles Renken "The New Adu" invited to US residency camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might be kin to Renken. Memba when Ohene did call me the renking bwoy?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The description of this forum:

ReggaeboyzSC.com Forum. Forum for general discussions on Jamaica and world football. Non-football posts will either be moved to the correct forum or be deleted.
      There are many threads posted here that have nothing to do with Jamaican football (certain discussions on Premier League, Champions League, etc.) If you are not interested in reading them then you don't have to click on them.

Simple as that.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Renken upbeat despite latest knee injury

Charles Renken, perhaps, America's top budding young player is on the shelf again with a knee injury. For the second time in 14 months, the 15-year-old Renken, who has already gained attention from several top European teams, is dealing with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He sustained his latest ACL injury last month during a friendly against Uruguay with the U.S. U-17 team. Renken, a two-footed midfielder, injured the same knee in January of 2008 during a training session with the U-17s.

As a result, Renken was left off the U.S. roster for this month's CONCACAF U-17 Championship in Mexico. However, the young star addressed concerns about his prospective return to the pitch.

(continue)
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Gwaan kill off di yute!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Amazing, 11yo at the start of the thread and now up to age 15 in that last post Zeppo made. What will it be over the weekend? While Zeppo was touting the 11yo wonderkid, a couple posts listed his birth year as 1993, that would make him 16 if he's born May or before...right? I've never seen him but I also have no doubt of his quality but can we get his age correct? BTW, how old is this kid Zeppo?

Comment

Hey Zeppo, will USA ever produce an American born player with great skills that generate the buzz of an Adu or Renken, or you are just content with what Africa produce and then hand off to y'all? Ok then Burrell forget England and the UB40's, line up yuh convoy to Africa! Maybe they will actually want to play for us, after all Riverton betta than most a Zambia according to the article!

Comment

I know! Zeppo unearthed this thread from 2006! I guess he really thought this kid would be playing for Real by now! Yeah, Real Salt Lake, maybe!

TK posted within this thread. Who was that again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  I know! Zeppo unearthed this thread from 2006! I guess he really thought this kid would be playing for Real by now! Yeah, Real Salt Lake, maybe!
                  Coming from the same thread in which you tout Jerry "MLS washout" Hue, that's rich.

And show me where I said Renken would be playing for Real Madrid. After two torn ACLs in his early teens he has a serious uphill battle just to make it as a pro anywhere. But at least he has time on his side, unlike Hue...
                  - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                    Hey Zeppo, will USA ever produce an American born player with great skills that generate the buzz of an Adu or Renken, or you are just content with what Africa produce and then hand off to y'all? Ok then Burrell forget England and the UB40's, line up yuh convoy to Africa! Maybe they will actually want to play for us, after all Riverton betta than most a Zambia according to the article!
                    That's a worthy challenge for the giant USA football machine (15 million or so players in organized leagues) .... try to produce a player with the talent & skills of Freddy Adu..... a journeyman of no real note except in his home country.

Can the US accomplish this enormous task?

This is a real nail biting thriller as we watch their media trot out the latest "star" to vie for the Adu crown ever so often.

Stay tuned.... their latest "star" (set to flop) is coming to a screen near you... guaranteed.
                    Last edited by Don1; May 16, 2009, 08:08 AM.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That from 2006!

Anyway, allow me to repeat that post:
                      When Adu can perform at Old Trafford the way Maestro did, give me a shout out!
                      Check your almanac, Zeps. We are almost in 2010!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Over to you, Zeppo!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                          Ok then Burrell forget England and the UB40's, line up yuh convoy to Africa! Maybe they will actually want to play for us, after all Riverton betta than most a Zambia according to the article!
                          Don't count on that happening.

People move away from Jamaica, not to it.
                          - Xavi

Comment

Charles Renken US Soccer Acd. Training with Dan O'Donnell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ab2cl1fmk

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                              Don't count on that happening.

People move away from Jamaica, not to it.
                              Really?! Den what am I?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                Really?! Den what am I?
                                Not counting deportees.
                                - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                                X