Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Renken "The New Adu" invited to US residency camp

Eville's Renken going national

The Edwardsville/Glen Carbon area is known for producing great soccer talent, and the next great talent from the area is ready for his chance.

Charles Renken, an 11-year-old who resides in Edwardsville, recently became just the second player in the area named to the United States National Team.

Brian Grazier, currently playing soccer at Saint Louis University, is the only other local player to be named to the national team.

Renken, who will turn 12 in December, first showed up on the radar of the Olympic Development Program, a program sponsored by U.S. Youth Soccer, when he was playing for Metro FC.

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

RE: Charles Renken "The New Adu" invited to US residency camp

Oh brother.....A native of Zambia......that says it all right there. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Great! Another Adu! Hey, Zepps, why don't you all pack your teams with 11 Adus? It would be great for us to compete against a team of non-achievers and hype!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (12/8/2006)Great! Another Adu! Hey, Zepps, why don't you all pack your teams with 11 Adus? It would be great for us to compete against a team of non-achievers and hype!

The one time that Adu did face Jamaica - for the USA in an U-17 match - he ripped you guys a new one, so I don't see what you're so excited about.

No need for you guys to worry though, because Shatta tells me that in Jamaica there's a Freddy Adu on every street corner.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Mosiah (12/8/2006)Great! Another Adu! Hey, Zepps, why don't you all pack your teams with 11 Adus? It would be great for us to compete against a team of non-achievers and hype!
          You know for a second I thought you were describing Jermaine Hue to rhatid. - T.K.

Comment

<DIV>
            Zeppo (12/8/2006)

The one time that Adu did face Jamaica - for the USA in an U-17 match - he ripped you guys a new one, so I don't see what you're so excited about.
            </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Sad that you should mention that. Adu did very well on that occasion. Pity, cause it seems like his best days are behind him.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When Adu can perform at Old Trafford the way Maestro did, give me a shout out!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (12/8/2006)When Adu can perform at Old Trafford the way Maestro did, give me a shout out!
                You must live in a dream world to rhatid. Perform? Is that what Jermaine Hue did that day? Only in Jamaica someone can look at a 6-0 drubbing and talk about man performing. Not to even make mention that England slept walk through the entire match.

When Jermaine Hueis talented enough toget off the benchof an MLS team give me a shout.- T.K.

Comment

Renken now being monitored by some bigtime clubs. Check out this excerpt from a recent article:

Renken is a 1993 birth year player, but has been competing with the 1992 birth year players at the national team level, first with Manny Schellscheidt's U14 squad, and more recently with Jim Barlow's U15 National Team. Renken excelled for the U15s at a camp in New Jersey this August and will compete next week at the Nike Friendlies in Bradenton. He has also played with the 1991 birth year Region II ODP team, earning an MVP award at a tournament last spring in Italy.

That performance garnered Renken attention from AC Milan, who extended a standing invitation to him to train with their youth setup in Italy. Additionally, Renken participated in trials with German club 1860 Munich and English club Reading, as through Scott Gallagher's ties. Both clubs invited Renken to join their youth setups permanently, despite his young age. The player has also been invited to train overseas by Bayern Munich and Arsenal.

(read article here)

- Xavi

Comment

Sounds like he has alot of potential. Good for him. Once I read that he was from Zambia I realized that the US were going to have to treat him as if he was couple years older then his stated age and play him up in age groups. It will be interesting to see how he pans out. He'll probably want to start out in MLS as well I bet. - T.K.

Comment

Renken the next big thing for U.S. soccer

He still makes the lopsided soccer balls out of plastic bags.

And almost every day Charles Renken grabs one of them off his dresser, shifting it around in his hands, before dropping it to his feet for a few touches.

These clumpy balls, made out of the same type of plastic an item of clothing is shipped in, serve as a reminder of where Renken comes from. Everyone seems to know where he's going. Charles Renken, only 14, is U.S. soccer's next rising star, and the mega-hype has already begun.

The soccer-crazed masses are already comparing him to his idol, Freddy Adu, on Internet chat boards and blogs. They gush about Renken's electric skills, chart his ascension up the U.S. soccer ladder, monitor his height at every age. Then compare all of it to Adu.

(continue)
                      - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                        Eville's Renken going national

The Edwardsville/Glen Carbon area is known for producing great soccer talent, and the next great talent from the area is ready for his chance.

Charles Renken, an 11-year-old who resides in Edwardsville, recently became just the second player in the area named to the United States National Team.

Brian Grazier, currently playing soccer at Saint Louis University, is the only other local player to be named to the national team.

Renken, who will turn 12 in December, first showed up on the radar of the Olympic Development Program, a program sponsored by U.S. Youth Soccer, when he was playing for Metro FC.

(continue)
                        Beats me why you think this non-event should be of interest to anyone sensible person here.

Then again you probably target those who are not sensible.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

YAY!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wenger Has Eyes For American Wunderkind

It appears that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has shown interest in American teen phenom Charles Renken, according to unconfirmed reports. The 14-year-old has apparently reciprocated the interest shown by the English giants, being a fan of the Gunners.

Built out of the same mold as his idol, 19-year-old Freddy Adu, Renken has been dubbed the next big thing in American soccer. Adu, now with Ligue 1 side Monaco, was 14 when he turned pro and joined D.C United of MLS in 2004. Similarly small and quick, Renken is a potential game-changer and creative type.

(continue)
                            - Xavi

Comment

I think it's time Tilla et al think of putiing up an additional forum for: USA Soccer Tid Bits/News.

Obviously there are people here (especially some living in the USA) who don't mind getting little bits and pieces of news about USA soccer. It's prudent to keep up with the happenings of your opponents but a separate forum would serve that purpose. Zeppo's USA soccer posts should be placed somewhere else, not on the regular route of the ReggaeBoyz Forum. I am not calling for a ban of Zep's posts, just want to see them redirected.....as we did recently with the Olympic News.
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                              X