Mourinho chides Wenger ahead of Bridge meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mourinho chides Wenger ahead of Bridge meeting

<H1></H1><DIV class=bylinebox style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px"><DIV class=bylinetext>David Sheppard
    </DIV><DIV style="FLOAT: left"></DIV></DIV>

<BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has launched a thinly-veiled attack on old rival Arsene Wenger's tactical ability ahead of Sunday's match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>

When asked if he was jealous of Arsenal's free-flowing brand of football, compared to Chelsea's elegantly industrial approach, Mourinho scoffed at the suggestion, mocking Arsenal's frailty that sees them languishing ten points behind Chelsea, despite having scored as many goals as the reigning Premiership champions.

Mourinho said: 'We are a team adapted to the reality, which is why Arsenal cannot beat Bolton at Bolton and why Chelsea under me have played three matches and got three victories at Bolton with zero goals conceded.

'For my concept of football, the best football is the football adapted to the circumstances.

'You cannot play against Bolton at Bolton the same you play at home against Watford. My feeling is that some teams and some managers play every game with the same philosophy, with the same game principles and with the same game strategy.

'Sometimes they beat someone 6-0 and sometimes they lose a game they shouldn't lose.'

Arsenal lost 3-1 away to Bolton two weeks ago, after Wenger had criticised Sam Allardyce's side's forthright style following previous encounters between the two teams, who many consider to be at opposite ends of the attractive football spectrum.

Mourinho continued: 'One of the strengths in football teams is to adapt to different realities which is what I am trying to do with Chelsea in England and Chelsea in Europe. Chelsea cannot play in Europe the same way it plays in England.

'We've played some matches at home with three defenders; we've finished some games with five players in attack. So Chelsea is an attacking team but adapted to the reality. Against Bolton if you don't defend as we did in the last 15 minutes, you have no chance.'

Asked if he would like to emulate the eye-catching football of Arsenal's 'Invincibles' of three seasons ago, when the Gunners went through an entire Premiership campaign unbeaten, Mourinho replied: 'Pretty when they were champions without defeat, yes. Not pretty when they finish fourth, not pretty when they had to win their last game to qualify for the Champions League.'
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Mourinho chides Wenger ahead of Bridge meeting

OH SNAP SON!!!!!!!!

Seriously......Mourinho bitch slaps Wenger from top to bottom to rhatid. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

philosophy, with the same game principles and with the same game strategy.

Jose is stupid.. Philosophy does not change .. stragedy will. If you believe in a ball possesion oriented game thats your philosophy and that does not chnage... When Jose develops a player then come talk to me he buys everything ready done..

Comment

Is Wenger the academy coach or the reserve team coach at arsenal ?

I am sure you meant - a particular statement by Jose is stupid- rather than Jose is stupid

You were one of those that predicted jose wouldnt win in his first two season?

which of the Arsenal players were produced by Wenger?

Comment

He is got a point though about adapting specifically playing one or two girthy players (doesn't have many) when he comes up against physical teams.

Comment

The post on "he's got a point.." in reference to Jose's comments were meant for OJ.

Arsene develops most of his players. If though you move the measuring stick to their single digit years,I suppose the answer isnone. However, I think most would agree, that he isamoung the most successful at finding and developing young talent.

Guidance

Comment

I take you point however I would say Wenger is successful and bringing through/nuturing young talent - mark you a lot of ex aresenal players - young ones are playing in the EPL - could maybe get a team out of it - they fell through the cracks

OJ should stop using these arguments to justify his dislike of all things chelsea and mourinho

Comment

The outcome of sunday's game will be highly influenced by saturday's result at Ol' Toilet. If Manure go 9 points clear of Chelsea on Saturday, there will be an uneasiness about the Rent Bwoydem that will give Arsenal the upper hand. If Sir Phallix team draws (or better yet loses) the game on Sunday will be a bloodbath. Either way, Chelsea clearly have the upper hand because of the home advantage and Henry's supposed absense. That being said, Manure lost at home to the Arse when they were clearly the better side, so as we all know, anything can happen in football. My predictions:

Saturday

Manure 3 - Man City 0

Sunday

Chelsea 1 - Arsenal 0

Stopping Manure will require a defeat by an unexpected opponent, like Fulham or some other mid-table team or injury to their talismanic players (Rooney, Saha or Ronaldo). I am not hoping for the latter. But, still, we are at week 17, 21 weeks to go, much football left in the season.

Later,

Striker.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Backing a GUNNERS win with our without Henry!

The individuals on the TEAM seem to get fired up when Henry is not playing or when he plays and gives 90 minutes of TEAM. - My reading of the players 'lack of interest' when the 'nose in the air' (The Henry who loafs around with imperious air...demanding all the others'fetch and carry' - the ball to him andfor him) takes the field is - show of disgust! ...rejection of the 'prima donna' anti-TEAM persona of 'the exalted one'.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

LOL...Manure, Old Toilet

Comment

Suh yuh know the hayters dem. Everyone a dem want to be like ManU, The Empire and all a dem wish they had a stadium with the capacity of Old Trafford, The Kingdom.

The funny thing is that Livafool cannot full Anfield, much less move to a 76,000 capacity stadium. Suh, haters will hate. Right Paul?
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Boy Lazie - hate is not something that I believe in. That is a negative emotion for likkle people with no ambition. I agree that Manure fill Ol' Toilet every week with 75,000 pieces of horse crap...but it is easier to find horse s*h*i*t outadoor than whiskey or fine wine Liverpool is like an well aged bottle of the finest port, you have to have taste to appreciate it. But to each his own. You have nothing to be ashamed of...I suspect you don't know any better and probably in that age range that became a Manure supporter in the 90's as opposed to us veterans who know them to be the relegated lot of 1974. For the record, I have been a Liverpool man since the late sixties/early seventies, when everybody in Jamaica was a jump up an' down about Leeds, Chelsea and the Arse.

Anyway, my point on the test for Chel$ki and the Arse this weekend is that Manure is clearly in the drivers seat. Any novice can tell you that the Championship is theirs to lose. The Arse can make all the noise they want, my team can make all the noise we want, Rentbwoydem can do the same, the FACT is that nothing will stop Manure except for a) injury to their talismanic players or b) a slip up in form.

Okay, that is not profound, but I believe that Manure has a tremendous amount of momentum gained from an easy schedule that kept them home for most of their big games early in the season. By comparison, Liverpool for example, had to face all three of the Gunners, Manure and Chel$ki away. Over the same period, Manure by contrast has faced all three of Chel$ki, Liverpool and the Arse at home...PLUS...the Man City derby is also at Ol' Toilet. No matter how you want to slice it, that is a BIG **** difference that they have been able to rightly capitalize on. Another advantage - which was my earlier point - is that they are in a position where they can go 9 points clear of Chel$ki on Saturday - HUGE PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE ahead of the Arse v. Chel$ki game.

So, when you take all of it on the balance, Manure clearly have been given a massive advantage in the schedule early in the season. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but it does look fishy. Anyway, we will see if they have the mettle to make it to the end of the maration with trips to Anfield, Stamford Bridge and the Emirates still to come. I think they do, as long as they can keep healthy. Just being honest.

YNWA
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I suspect you don't know any better and probably in that age range that became a Manure supporter in the 90's as opposed to us veterans who know them to be the relegated lot of 1974
                          Lazie is no waggonist boss. In time you'll see that Lazie like taking the unpopular stand. All my friends were hyping back then about Livafool, and seeing that I like to be different, I'd support any team playing them. I officially became a MAnu fan when a Norman Whiteside joined the club. Why? Because he was a teenager. Wasn't as dominant as Livafool, but it was my team. Took all the mockings with a smile. So, of course one the Empire knock Livafool off their perch ...

I hear om Skysports and read on teamtalk forum people repeating Jose's comical comments. Yes, we played the other 3 of the'top 4' at home, so whats the fuss? Chelsea play Livafool and Assnal at home too. I don't hear them complaining? When talkative Jose just took over atthe Rent Boys, the very first game was against them at them pit. Nobody said they were fortunate, when manu had gabby and ronaldo at the olympics and a bag of injuries causing Roy Keane to play CD. So why people complaining now?

In case you forgot, manu lost one game and that was at Old Trafford, damn, they dropped more points at home than on the road. So how is playing at home an advantage? Futhermore, to win the league, they'd have to win at Anfield, Arsenal and at CB 13 (Stamford Bridge).

Comment

Gwaan talk...come Sunday morning Man United Sir to you, could be NINE, yes read em and weap, NINE points ahead of the runner-up spot.....Did you see the demolision job on Wednesday? Be afraid, be very afraid
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                            X