RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just In!! Bradley will be named next US head coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Just In!! Bradley will be named next US head coach!

Is that what you call new eye? Bradley has been in the shadow of Bruce Arena for most of his career.

Anybody can discover a talent for the MLS but talent to replace Donovan I am talking about
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What part of "interim" don't you understand?

Reading is fundamental, amigo!

As far as Donovan goes, he is still miles ahead of any midfielder you guys have and more than capable of getting the job in CONCACAF.

And at the rate that our youngsters are going to big European clubs the talent spotting will sort itself out with or without a "name" coach. We're doing just fine in that department.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Zeppo (12/10/2006)What part of "interim" don't you understand?

As far as Donovan goes, he is still miles ahead of any midfielder you guys have and more than capable of getting the job in CONCACAF.

And at the rate that our youngsters are going to big European clubs the talent spotting will sort itself out with or without a "name" coach. We're doing just fine in that department.

Zeppo: Knowing our (Americans) propensity for arrogance, can you see the US team members taking advice and following instructions from a coach who has 'firing date' already set?

If yes, do you see Badley's hiring as a huge set back?

...and, what of Gulati...do you see him asa fool i.e. acting as third world FA presidents have done in the past...wanting to stoke his own ego and wanting, even as the novice he is on technical matters, to retain 'power' over the US TD...i.e. not giving, as Klinsmann demanded full control of technical matters to the TD?

Can we safely say, Gulati is done! Shallbefired before or after the next CONCACAF or FIFA World Cup Finals?

Aside: Klinsmann had already made it known that he was not impressed with the current level of players in the national pool and would be looking outside of the US structured MLS...but,throughout the length and breath of the country and overseas for players who would fit his idea of technically well equipped players.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl the whole region is rejoicing because

Klinsy would build a team that none of us (including Mexico) could compete with. What is Zeppo talking about? Donavan is average. The US did not take one gifted player to the last WC (Klinsy knows this. Guys remeber Klinsman was a gifted baller, the man kanows talent) The Us soccer system needs to be overhauled but let it take another four or so years he he :P If the US get its act together, things won't be nice for us (others in the region). On the other hand it will bring some respect to CONCACAF football. Klinsman should have been given the job and Lalas and company should leave youth soccer alone.

Comment

Zeppo (12/10/2006)What part of "interim" don't you understand?

Donovan is miles ahead of the REGGAE BOYZ midfielders in the area of work-rate! That's it!

He is not as techically profficient or creative.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl (12/10/2006)Zeppo: Knowing our (Americans) propensity for arrogance, can you see the US team members taking advice and following instructions from a coach who has 'firing date' already set?

If yes, do you see Badley's hiring as a huge set back?

...and, what of Gulati...do you see him asa fool i.e. acting as third world FA presidents have done in the past...wanting to stoke his own ego and wanting, even as the novice he is on technical matters, to retain 'power' over the US TD...i.e. not giving, as Klinsmann demanded full control of technical matters to the TD?

Can we safely say, Gulati is done! Shallbefired before or after the next CONCACAF or FIFA World Cup Finals?

Aside: Klinsmann had already made it known that he was not impressed with the current level of players in the national pool and would be looking outside of the US structured MLS...but,throughout the length and breath of the country and overseas for players who would fit his idea of technically well equipped players.

I think that Gulati f'ed up mostly because he put all his eggs in one basket. He continued to pursue Klinsmann even when he knew that he wanted to make some serious structural changes that he (Gulati) wasn't prepared to permit. So in the end we waited 6 months for Bradley to be chosen as an interim coach. They definitely could have handled this better.

Bradley is not the choice that I wanted by any means, but I'm really not that bothered by having him as an interim choice. Keep in mind that World Cup qualifying is still a few years away.

Bradley won't have any problems with getting the players to respect him, either, even if he will only have the job temporarily. He is a two-time MLS Coach of the Year and has more wins than any other coach in MLS history. He also doesn't have an arrogant, loudmouth side, nor does he publically criticize players like Arena sometimes does. That's not his style. Plus U.S. players generally don't challenge the authority of their coaches as, for instance, the Dutch often do.

And what your're claiming that Klinsmann said doesn't make much sense, since the U.S. has always included players outside of MLS. Do you have a link to an article in which he made those comments?

Jawge: If you guys can ever manage to rack up a win against us (a big IF) then you can talk to me about Jamaica "competing" with the USA.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

In the CONCACAF, Mexico and the USA are clearly ahead of the rest, and so are almost guaranteed their places at the finals."
                - Bora Milutinovic
                Interesting signature Zeppo. Must say that Bora is a pragmatic man and therefore can put things in proper perspective. It would be foolish of any coach coming in to consider Jamaica on the same level as the USA and Mexico.

That said, the opperative words in your signature must be "almost guaranteed their places at the finals." The important thing is, he never left out the word "almost". I am happy with Bora's perspective as although he gives you guys the edge, he does not give you an automatic spot without a fight for it.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Zeppo please pull up a chair:

Good listena nd listen carefully. Let's look at what you said; "Jawge: If you guys can ever manage to rack up a win against us (a big IF) then you can talk to me about Jamaica "competing" with the USA." Zeppo there was a time when Ja took the game of football very seriously. We took it on ourselves to go to Brasil (you are still with me? Yes Brasil) to find a coach. We came back with Prof. Simoes. Prof Siomes took our team to Brasil on different stints to LEARN the game. We beat Mexico to win our group and enter the hex stages. We came to RFK showed up the USA (you guys really think you are playing football, I am glad you didn't take Klinsy to continue in this illusion) big time, We made the USA look like a high school boys team. Cheating was the name of the game that night. Now Zeppo I can provide you with a copy of that game (you wouldn't want to see the balling you got playing Ja in the office) in case you don't have it let me know. Sadly we are not interested in learning the game anymore we just spinning wheels and trying to make money. Ifwe go back tothe land of football and start to learn the fundamentals again. you will have no recourse but to cheat. Zeppo your team is not playing any kind of football they are a bunchof average players that can get by most of CONCACAF (excludingMexico). It is obvious that the US based coaches do not understand talent in football (basketball yes) and this is whatis kiilling US soccer. The only reason why you have the edge on Ja is becausewe don't want to learn thegame.

Comment

Jawge (12/10/2006)Zeppo please pull up a chair:

Good listena nd listen carefully. Let's look at what you said; "Jawge: If you guys can ever manage to rack up a win against us (a big IF) then you can talk to me about Jamaica "competing" with the USA." Zeppo there was a time when Ja took the game of football very seriously. We took it on ourselves to go to Brasil (you are still with me? Yes Brasil) to find a coach. We came back with Prof. Simoes. Prof Siomes took our team to Brasil on different stints to LEARN the game. We beat Mexico to win our group and enter the hex stages. We came to RFK showed up the USA (you guys really think you are playing football, I am glad you didn't take Klinsy to continue in this illusion) big time, We made the USA look like a high school boys team. Cheating was the name of the game that night. Now Zeppo I can provide you with a copy of that game (you wouldn't want to see the balling you got playing Ja in the office) in case you don't have it let me know.

Still clinging to the RFK game from nearly a decade ago, eh?

How sad.

But the history between our teams is long. Surely by now you could have notched at least one win against us, no?

Not even at youth level.....?

[It is obvious that the US based coaches do not understand talent in football (basketball yes) and this is whatis kiilling US soccer.

So our coaching is actually killing US soccer, yet we just managed to top the Hexagonal.

Hmm. Interesting...

- Xavi

Comment

Zeppo did you read what i said? If JA

had continue to learn from the Brasilians, the US with its present state of football could not touch JA. Yes I cling to RFK because in those times we were actually willing to sit and learn the game. Top the HEX? The only reason for this is te eternal squabble among the Mexicans. The squad that went to Europe was average, hence they were treated as such. Do you really think the US could beat Ghana? Ghana had talent and talent makes the difference at the WC level. Look at Ronaldo overweight and all and still manage to bag goals (whilst fit and trim players can't score one) Now if Brasil had given the gifted Robinho 45 mins against France they would have sixth title (off Euro soil). It's not easy to score not mention win in Europe. That's the proving ground; guess where Pele made is name? Matter of fact guess where Tappa made his name? :P

Comment

Jawge (12/10/2006)Zeppo did you read what i said? If JA had continue to learn from the Brasilians, the US with its present state of football could not touch JA.

And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

What you are stating is nothing more than your own speculation, and it has crossed into the realm of pure fantasy.

You guys need to get past this delusional idea that you are, or ever were, some kind of mini-Brazil.

A Brazilian coach and a few friendlies in their country never had you playing o jogo bonito. In fact, you barely squeaked into that World Cup and you did so with a negative goal differential!
                        - Xavi

Comment

Zeppo stop wasting your time trying to reason withmadmanJawge and come and watch Jeon Buck Motors on FSC. - T.K.
                          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                          X