RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just In!! Bradley will be named next US head coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just In!! Bradley will be named next US head coach!

I sust saw the news on ESPN...YEESSSSS! I am rejoicing because I know that him simply nuh good. I am happy that the US will name another one of their "think seh him know it" idiots to the post because that is great news for CONCACAF. This man has achieved nothing...a failure at MetroStars where he undermined great talent and a failure at Chivas. Big up US Soccer!!

RE: Just In!! Bradley will be named next US head coach!

So...coming out TOP OF CONCACAF must be the REGGAE BOYZ aim!

Has it just gotten a little nearer in reach?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sensi (12/7/2006)I sust saw the news on ESPN...YEESSSSS! I am rejoicing because I know that him simply nuh good. I am happy that the US will name another one of their "think seh him know it" idiots to the post because that is great news for CONCACAF. This man has achieved nothing...a failure at MetroStars where he undermined great talent and a failure at Chivas. Big up US Soccer!!
      Keep your shirt on Pierre! Remember the word "interim" was used to describe the appointment. Hey, the JFF admin also named Carl Brown as interim coach until they could iron out the deal with Bora. We still not sure if Bora's deal is final anyhow.

In the interest of continuity, the USA had to name someone to take over the program. Now if they miss Kliensmann, they may now try to secure the services of Peckerman? That would still be a win-win situation for them.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Not that I regard him as any great coach but, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he take the expansion Chicago Fire and won the MLS title in his first year? That should count for something. We therefore cannot say that ''this man has achieved nothing."

The real question is this : Where is Bora?
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Tilla (12/7/2006)

Keep your shirt on Pierre! Remember the word "interim" was used to describe the appointment. Hey, the JFF admin also named Carl Brown as interim coach until they could iron out the deal with Bora. We still not sure if Bora's deal is final anyhow.

The "interim" part isn't the only thing Sensi left out. He also conveniently forgot to mention that Bradley won a MLS Championship with the Chicago Fire and two US Open Cups. So much for "nothing".

It's not exactly the exotic name coaching choice that many American fans were hoping for, but the guy has won things and knows US Soccer. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if he keeps the job or loses it to a "name".

Besides, beating up on most CONCACAF teams doesn't require a "name" coach anyway. Just see my signature below!

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

A mussi buy him buy that job.

Them soon fire him. Give him till the end a the summer.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bob Bradley would do a better job with the US team then Klinsmann. Iwould not get too excited.We still have a long way to go to catch the US team. - T.K.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

TK stop you foolishness. Bradley sell all the Metro Stars best players them in his years year. He hardly made any right trade decisions.

I would expect this from you anyway cause you wouldn't know a good coach if you see one based on your recent picks
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin (12/8/2006)TK stop you foolishness. Bradley sell all the Metro Stars best players them in his years year. He hardly made any right trade decisions.

I would expect this from you anyway cause you wouldn't know a good coach if you see one based on your recent picks
                  Note to Assassin: There has never beeen ONE SINGLE SOLITARY coach who has ever........and The Rock means EVER been succesful with the Metro Stars. That organization is a black hole.

Bradley was a success with the Chicago Fire......comes to NY and starts sucking......leaves for Chivas USA and starts having success again. At some point the Metros brass are going to have to start pointing the fingers at themselves as to why their club just downright sucks.

In either case I still contend Bradley will keep theUS on top of CONCACAF during his reign and qualify the team for the World Cup with no problem. He will do as well a job as Bruce Arena. Which means we still have some serious ground to make up. Just my opinion. - T.K.
                  No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Bradley had time and money to make a difference in NY but he choose to sell all his best players. He sold players like Clark who could have been the heart beat of the Metro's and what did he get in return?

I think Arena will do a better job than him.

He may keep the US at the top of the region but don't take anything for granted because they may find it is not given as the Reggaeboyz did.

The US need a difference maker. Someone who can add something new to the current squad because with Donovan etc been the heart of the team the US have no heart to challenge any giant.

The US can't go back to World Cup looking like they did if they want to progress in the football world.

Comment

Assasin (12/8/2006)

The US can't go back to World Cup looking like they did if they want to progress in the football world.

The progress of US Soccer over the last 15-20 years has arguably been more drastic than that of any other nation, and trying to sum it all up based on 3 games from the last World Cup is hideously naive. (besides, which is the only team that Italy couldn't beat?)

If you want to see an example of progress just look the amount of players developed in the US that are now flooding to big European teams. How many other CONCACAF nations are sending over so many?

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

"If you want to see an example of progress just look the amount of players developed in the US that are now flooding to big European teams. How many other CONCACAF nations are sending over so many?"

That is part of my point. You need a fresh keen eye for new talent. It is not the status quo as usual.

Regardless of the improvement by the US team the world cup wasn't good. They actually showed up for one game. It is not just been there but how they played.

Comment

"If you want to see an example of progress just look the amount of players developed in the US that are now flooding to big European teams. How many other CONCACAF nations are sending over so many?"

That is part of my point. You need a fresh keen eye for new talent. It is not the status quo as usual.

Regardless of the improvement by the US team the world cup wasn't good. They actually showed up for one game. It is not just been there but how they played.

Comment

Well seeing how Bradley has never coached the US team before he is a fresh eye.

And if you question his ability to spot talent you need look no further than Jonathan Bornstein. He arrived at Chivas as a forward out of college. Bradley turned him into a left back and the kid ended up as Rookie of the Year.
                            - Xavi

Comment

By not moving forward, US Soccer goes backward

U.S. Soccer officials can blame themselves next time they fret about why so few Americans are paying attention to their sport.

Given the chance to be bold, the Americans played it safe and boring. As usual.

Instead of hiring a national team coach so impressive it told the world they were ready to be players in the only game that matters everywhere else, they dithered like minor leaguers Friday. First explaining how a seemingly perfect match with German superstar Juergen Klinsmann went so wrong. Then clarifying this arrangement with an interim coach whose reputation is so dazzling, they stuck him with the JV team, too.

(continue)

- Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X