Mancini's warning to Robinho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mancini's warning to Robinho

ROBERTO MANCINI says Robinho's price tag does not guarantee him a game at Manchester City.

The Brazilian attacker cost £32.5million from Real Madrid 18 months ago but has only shown his world-class skills in fits and starts.
    Robinho was dropped for Mark Hughes' last match as boss and has yet to start under his Italian replacement.
    Mancini, who takes his side to Everton on Saturday, said: "How much a player cost is not important.
    "What you pay only matters when you are in the act of buying someone.
    "The important thing after that is the player working hard and playing well.
    "Before the game at Middlesbrough, Robinho had a problem with one of his muscles and he didn't train for two or three days.
    "But it is possible he will play tomorrow, although I do feel sorry for the attacking players because I have five or six really good ones and I must decide who is going to be on the bench."
    City striker Emmanuel Adebayor is on compassionate leave after the attack on the Togo team bus in Angola.
    Benjani looks set set to partner Monday night's hat-trick hero Carlos Tevez up front, with Robinho likely to feature from the bench.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini calls on Robinho to end his travel sickness

Roberto Mancini has challenged Robinho to prove he can perform away from Eastlands after admitting that the £32.5 million Manchester City forward has room for improvement in his game.

By Mark Ogden
    Published: 10:30PM GMT 15 Jan 2010

Away day blues: Roberto Mancini wants Robinho to improve his form away from Eastlands Photo: AFP

The Brazilian has scored just three goals away from home since his British-record transfer from Real Madrid in September 2008, a return which prompted former manager Mark Hughes to overlook him numerous times in away fixtures.
    With Manchester City set to face Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday, both the team and Robinho face arguably their toughest test since Mancini’s arrival last month. And Mancini insists that Robinho’s performance levels should not drop simply because he is not playing at Eastlands.

Related Articles

Mancini said: “It is impossible that one player can always play well or always play badly. Robinho is a good player, technically very good, but I think he can improve and the pitch is the same whether you are at home or away.
    “Away from home, the opponents are sometimes more aggressive and I think that Everton will be a tough game, the toughest yet. Robinho understands all of that and it’s important. If he works hard it is best for the team. He is technically a top player. He has played for Brazil and for Real Madrid and I don’t want to change his mentality, but I think he can improve in certain situations.
    “It is not important what Robinho cost. The most important thing is how he plays now.”
    Mancini is set to be without the injured Stephen Ireland and Patrick Vieira, who is expected to make his City debut in next week’s FA Cup tie at Scunthorpe.
    Victory for City would consolidate their position in the fourth Champions League berth but, having initially claimed that his team could win the title this season, Mancini now believes it to be a three-horse race.
    He said: “There are now three teams that can win the Premier League, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United, but football is strange. It can change and in a month or so there could be more teams involved.”

Comment

It's the Carling cup Semis; Mancini will get the results. The bigger the challenge and higher the stakes; Binho will shine.

Comment

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Goodison Park: "Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will create a stir by substituting his substitute Robinho - but I applaud him for his bravery and decisiveness. The Brazilian was shocking, with no moment worse than when he very obviously decided against going into a physical challenge with Marouane Fellaini. Good, strong management."
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

"...he looks like a lost little boy out there.."

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            "...he looks like a lost little boy out there.."
            He is a liability,absolutely useless!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
              He is a liability,absolutely useless!!!
              Not enough TEAM! He should watch Lionel Messi. Messi does a fair amount of 'one time passes'...and then tries his 'runs'.

Messi is miles ahead of this guy. Even Fuller in his cameo showed he can play TEAM if the 'gaffer' gives him a kick in the backside (i.e. benches him).

...and Fuller?
              I always thought this guy had it in him to be great...if he would only share the ball more! The cameo showed he may still make it if he can continue in that vein.

Hey football is, once you have the technical skill and think as you play, all about doing the simple things consistently! ...it is never about the individual! ...it is all about TEAM!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Not enough TEAM! He should watch Lionel Messi. Messi does a fair amount of 'one time passes'...and then tries his 'runs'.

Messi is miles ahead of this guy. Even Fuller in his cameo showed he can play TEAM if the 'gaffer' gives him a kick in the backside (i.e. benches him).

...and Fuller?
                I always thought this guy had it in him to be great...if he would only share the ball more! The cameo showed he may still make it if he can continue in that vein.

Hey football is, once you have the technical skill and think as you play, all about doing the simple things consistently! ...it is never about the individual! ...it is all about TEAM!
                Well said!!

Comment

don't encourage him!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X