Philly Union...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly Union...

The Philadelphia Union have selected Oregon State forward Danny Mwanga with the first overall selection in the Major League Soccer SuperDraft.

The Union will be the 16th franchise in the league beginning this season.

On Wednesday, the Union sent their No. 1 allocation ranking to D.C. United, allowing D.C. to pick up Troy Perkins, the 2006 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year.

In return, the Union got allocation money, D.C. United's seventh overall selection and Brazilian midfielder Fred.

The 6-foot-2 Mwanga scored 14 goals and had two assists in 18 games for Oregon State last season. The 18-year-old was the Pac-10 Player of the Year.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Assasin, Atlanta NEEDs a MLS football team.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yeah they had a bid but withdraw it.

Kennesaw College not too far from me building a 45000 seater stadium which will be used by the Atlanta Dream women's team.
      Maybe the Reggae boyz want to play the US there and it woulda cork.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Yeah they had a bid but withdraw it.

Kennesaw College not too far from me building a 45000 seater stadium which will be used by the Atlanta Dream women's team.
        Maybe the Reggae boyz want to play the US there and it woulda cork.
        Would love to see that
        "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

silverbacks still playing? do they draw good crowds if they are?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah they draw a good crowd. They are way over on HL side of town. The games don't seems to be advertised anyhow but they have a pretty good organization in tact, not just the big team.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lenin steenkamp played with them for many a year...was a very good NAIA player orginally form south africa.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X