Maxi at Liverpool for medical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxi at Liverpool for medical

Argentina winger Maxi Rodriguez has arrived in Liverpool ahead of completing his proposed switch to Anfield.
    The 29-year-old Atletico Madrid player is set to undergo a medical before signing an 18-month contract in a £1.5million switch.
    He will then watch his new team-mates in action in Wednesday night's FA Cup third round replay against Reading at Anfield before returning to Spain to tie up the final details of his departure.
    Rodriguez, who is a close friend and international team-mate of Reds midfielder Javier Mascherano, still has to agree his pay-off from Atletico.
    Hoped

But it is hoped he could be back in England by the weekend to figure in Liverpool's trip to Stoke on Saturday.
    Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez had hoped the deal could have been completed last week, but the former Newell's Old Boys and Espanyol player was unable to finalise the details of his departure.
    His impending arrival comes after Andrea Dossena left the Reds for Napoli, while Andriy Voronin moved to Dinamo Moscow.
    These deals brought in funds totalling £6.5million, and Ryan Babel's name could soon be added to the list of departures now Benitez has been assured that he can have the potential £10million fee to strengthen his squad during this transfer window.
    Benitez had previously been told to wait until the summer before spending on new additions.

Routnie check?
    Peter R

Comment

Liverpool have completed the signing of Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico Madrid on a free transfer.
      Atletico have allowed the Argentina international to leave for free as his contract with the Spanish side was due to expire in the summer.
      Rodriguez has signed a three-and-a-half year deal at Anfield after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical on Merseyside.
      The midfielder had fallen out of favour at Atletico and was keen on a move away in search of regular first-team football ahead of this summer's World Cup finals.
      The 29-year-old will watch the Reds' FA Cup third-round replay against Reading on Wednesday and he could make his debut against Stoke this weekend.
      Rodriguez is Rafa Benitez's first signing of this month's transfer window and he will help bolster his options following the sales of Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena.
      a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}

Comment

I wonder what he's thinking now... did he make the right decision, for Liverpool is looking very ordinary, certainly not even a top ten side.
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          I wonder what he's thinking now... did he make the right decision, for Liverpool is looking very ordinary, certainly not even a top ten side.
          Dont give up now,continue to trust in Rafa!!!

Comment

Not a big fan of this player, but he has been effective wherever he has played. At least he didn't overspend this time.

Imagine,

17 million pounds on Aquilani
            17 million pounds on Johnson
            7 million pounds for Dossena

Rafa look like he spends well in the 1-5 million rated ballers and after that is pure madness reach him head.

Comment

Amen ... lol

Seriously, I will. I will 'low him a bad season.

Unfortunately for him, I don't pay his salary.
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X