Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY OTHER TEAM (Powder Blue)

Mancini wants Vieira at Man City
    Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini wants to sign Patrick Vieira and the Inter Milan midfielder is interested in making the move, BBC Sport understands.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Vieira headed to Manchester City

PRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS

0 comments ยป

fs.setHeaderCaptionSeparatorHeight();Updated Jan 7, 2010 2:30 PM ET
    Patrick Vieira was due to undergo a medical examination at Manchester City on Thursday before completing his move from Inter Milan.

City hopes the former Arsenal midfielder will be registered in time to face Blackburn on Monday, a person at the Premier League club said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the transfer has not been completed.

Vieira's arrival - as manager Roberto Mancini's first signing - could help fifth-place City's push for the top four to qualify for the Champions League.

The 33-year-old Vieira, who is set to sign an 18-month contract, hopes the move will cement his place on France's World Cup squad and is counting on the help of Mancini, the former Inter coach who replaced Mark Hughes last month.

"(It is) important for me is to go to Manchester City, to show the coach that I am the same as I was during the time when he was at Inter," Vieira told Canal Plus.

Vieira has played in 12 of 18 Serie A matches this season and appeared for only 23 minutes during Inter's six Champions League group games.

"I have goals and I can't achieve them by staying at Inter where I am not part of the coach's choices," Vieira said.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho thanked Vieira after Wednesday's 1-0 win over Chievo Verona, a game in which the Frenchman played from start to finish.

"It was his last game with us and he played an incredible match. He could have refused to play or held his leg back at times but he gave his all," Mourinho said. "I'm sad that he's leaving but happy that he's going to a place where he'll play more."

Vieira spent nine seasons with Arsenal before transferring to Juventus in 2005. His tenure with the Turin squad lasted only a year, with the Italian match-fixing scandal prompting his move to Inter in 2006.

HL

Comment

Based on what I saw of Viera in Italy, I don't see how he is an improvement for Man City.

Comment

It's his style.

Viera still has lots to contribute. City needs someone who has a 'calming' effect on the game.

Recall, Man. City drew about 7 or 8 games-- that thay should have had all 3 points.
        Last edited by HL; January 7, 2010, 07:39 PM.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Based on what I saw of Viera in Italy, I don't see how he is an improvement for Man City.
          Can't get any worse that's for sure. Lescott is a bum.

Comment

What a breddah stuck pon Lescott. LOL

The man a play midfield, not defense.

Comment

Lescott play left back and centre back. Dem jus need fi send him back to wherever him come from

Comment

Working...
              X