Mike Henry Making Swoop For Top Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Henry Making Swoop For Top Players

Clarendon based Humble Lions FC have big plans to remain afloat in the DPL. The plan, as divulged by top brass Mike Henry, is to bring in about seven top players. Among those named are national keeper Shaun Sawyers, John Barnes-top-youth-selectee Ajuran Brown, former Boys Town hitman Denzil Watson, and Chris Dawes' nephew Cornelius Henry. (There was no mention of Adu but The Farmah suspects that is maybe an ace Mike Henry might be keeping up his sleeves )

Mo & Co. what a gwaan; I'd like to see Sawyer in goal next season for Philly's MLS outfit. Work a ting nuh!

Kudos to Mike Henry for his effort to bring more parity to his DPL team.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-Lions_7303119
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Let's talk. You have connections? I would like to see Sawyers there too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

None whatsoever! I have a bredrin in the F/Office at an USL club, if he knows anyone at Philly (except for Shavar Thomas) maybe he can mek a call. But failing that, just for the heck of it someone should just email them a link to the players profile. Yuh neva kno what dat could bring!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Mo no connections said my bredrin. The MLS, he stated, runs very differently from how things are administrated in the USL. I get the impression that the two bodies (MLS & USL don't see eye to eye), although he was reluctant to say so. I understand that while a USL team can seek out and buy a player, it's not so with the MLS as the league has the final say, and international status (or something like that) also plays a part. His suggestion is to see if there are free tryouts in Philly and have the player on spot. If the team likes the player very much then they can lobby the league to pick him up as a foreigner. According to him, an expansion team in its first year will ge a few blighs from the league.

BTW: Sometime ago (I believe it was last year), my bredin's organization wanted to see Devon Hodges in action with the ReggaeBoyz because they were hearing a lot of good things about him. They needed a striker at the time and so had some interest. However, his non-selection for the Boyz Florida tour changed their minds.

Comment

that would be an MLS organization?!! Mo, are you pondering what i'm pondering?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X