No announcement yet.

The end of Mark Hughes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Manchester City's biggest problems is their defences. Koule Toure and Jeleon Lescott are not suited to play together. I see both of them having similiar skills. They both need to play with a senior centre half who can shepard the backline and keep them in check. They each have tremendous athletic abilities but they don't read the game well. I saw that problem with Toure from he was at Arsenal. His best position was at right-back but he fancies himself to be a central defender. Their midfield leaks also. Somehow, Barry hasn't performed as well as when he was at Aston Villa. Roque Santa Cruz was a luxury buy. Ade naw seh nothing - overrated.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      One of Manchester City's biggest problems is their defences. Koule Toure and Jeleon Lescott are not suited to play together. I see both of them having similiar skills. They both need to play with a senior centre half who can shepard the backline and keep them in check. They each have tremendous athletic abilities but they don't read the game well. I saw that problem with Toure from he was at Arsenal. His best position was at right-back but he fancies himself to be a central defender. Their midfield leaks also. Somehow, Barry hasn't performed as well as when he was at Aston Villa. Roque Santa Cruz was a luxury buy. Ade naw seh nothing - overrated.
      That was another great piece of business by Wenger to sell Toure,he is an Arsenal legend but i think he was poor last season and he is still not at the level that he was 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

Toure simply is not at the same level he was a couple years ago and therefore acan't recover from some of his usual bad plays.

Lescott is not a world class center half and has never been. He simply a decent defender at a mid team level. Nothing special. Horrible buy.

Barry is another overhyped British baller. Very slow reaction time and Aston Villa were smart to sell him at that price. He is a support player at the highest level.

Comment

It depends on what you using Barry to do. He is playing too forward at Man City.

Barry must be right before the defense. He reads the game well defensively. Thank Man City for selling their defender Richard Dunne for cheap to Villa while getting Lescott.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            That team needs an engine room typee mid. Essien type of player.

Couldnt agree more. They're missing 2 good solid defensive midfielders.

Comment

Mark Hughes worst buys were both Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure, Joleon Lescott. All three are horrible and not world class defenders and it got compounded by the fact that he overpaid for all 3 players especially Toure and Lescott.

Cannot blame the ambition of the club's owners. When you pay that type of money for players you expect a return on investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                Big balla only in reputation,his performances this season have been poor.
                He wasnt that great last season either. Personally, I think he didnt fit Mark Hughes' system and thats why we never saw tha best of him. Had he signed for Chelsea you wouldve seen a different type of Robinho because he'd fit in wit their system alot better.

Not to mention that he would be playing wit players more of his calibre than the ones at City.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                  Couldnt agree more. They're missing 2 good solid defensive midfielders.
                  Unuh wrong!.There aint many defensive midfield players better than Nigel De Jong,Gareth Barry and Vincent Kompany are not bad either.Manchester City problem is they play too open and they dont defend as a team too many premadonnas.

Comment

De Jong is up to the standard. Barry and Kompany are mid table ballers.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      De Jong is up to the standard. Barry and Kompany are mid table ballers.
                      Barry is a quality player that's why Benetez wanted him like how dry peas want fire!!

Comment

You know how many players Benitez has wanted. Barry is a solid mid table baller. There is nothing special about his game whatsoever.

Comment

them nuh need no defensive mid.

Them sell the heart of their defense in Richard Dunne. He went to Villa and look what he is doing? Defense was after thought for Mark Hughes.

Look how much he spent on the frontline and midfield. It was when the transfer window almost close he was trying to get defender when everybody know that was their major weekness last year. Then on top of that you sell the heart of the defense in Dunne.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            Unuh wrong!.There aint many defensive midfield players better than Nigel De Jong,Gareth Barry and Vincent Kompany are not bad either.Manchester City problem is they play too open and they dont defend as a team too many premadonnas.

Then why are they conceding multiple goals the way they do? City lacks STEEL in middle which puts alot of added pressure on their back 4. Kompany and De Jong arent good enough at this level. They're no where near world class.
                            Last edited by Warlord; December 21, 2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Not true. Watch him play for England. He is been played too forward at Man City. He needs to play deeper.

Part of the problem with Man City is they are playing 4 forward in a lot of game. It is better if they play Steven Ireland and let the other midfielders stay behind.'

Abe score two goal against his team so far, and only Tevez will drop back a little.

Comment

Seen him many times for England. He is a decent player. Nothing special. He is not worth the money they paid for him. He is a support player, not one that you build a team around.

Comment

Working...
                                X