The end of Mark Hughes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of Mark Hughes ?

Mark Hughes claps every corner of the City of Manchester Stadium, waves to the City fans and then departs down the tunnel. Forgive me, but that looked like a farewell.

1657: Mark Hughes shakes hands with former Manchester United team-mate Steve Bruce - will that be his last act as City boss? He isn't smiling, which might be something do to with an apparent 1930 GMT announcement at Eastlands. Will try to get more on that asap.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

It's reported that Robert Mancini who was at the game will take over.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/2009/1219/hughesm.html

Comment

Mark Hughes sacked as Man City appoint Mancini manager

Hughes took charge at Eastlands in June 2008, succeeding Sven Goran Eriksson

Manchester City have sacked Mark Hughes after 18 months in charge and named Roberto Mancini as his successor, with Brian Kidd as assistant.
      News of Hughes' departure came via a statement, issued just two hours after the 4-3 home win over Sunderland.
      The Welshman had been appointed in June 2008, replacing Sven-Goran Eriksson.
      But despite spending heavily on the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott and Carlos Tevez, results have not satisfied City's ambitious owners.
      "A return of two wins in 11 Premier League games is clearly not in line with the targets that were agreed and set," read a City statement.
      606: DEBATE
      The way our club has treated Hughes is just despicable

Heywoodexile

"Sheikh Mansour and the board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change.
      "This is a particularly difficult announcement given the personal investment over the past 15 months on all sides and we would like to put on record our respect for and thanks to Mark Hughes and we wish him the best in his future career."
      Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki, Kevin Hitchcock and Glyn Hodges have also left the club and further appointments will be announced in due course.
      City currently lie sixth in the Premier League, having lost only twice in the league all season, and are through to the semi-finals of the Carling Cup.
      They beat league leaders Chelsea a fortnight ago, ending a run of seven successive draws in the top flight, but suffered a crushing 3-0 defeat at Tottenham in midweek.
      Now, despite a thrilling victory over Sunderland, Hughes finds himself out of work,
      Under the 46-year-old Welshman, who had spells as manager of Wales and Blackburn before arriving at Eastlands, City won 36 and lost 25 of 77 games. Of their 16 draws, eight of them came in their last 11 Premier League outings.
      They also spent close to £200m on players during his 18-month reign, including a record-breaking British transfer fee of £32.4m on Robinho.
      City also paid out heavily for Gareth Barry (£12m), Roque Santa Cruz (£16m), Tevez (£25m), Adebayor (£25m), Kolo Toure (£15m) and Lescott (£22m).
      Mancini has frequently been linked with a move to English football

Their spending would have been far greater had they succeeded with bids for England and Chelsea defender John Terry and Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o.
      Mancini, 45, won 36 caps for Italy and spent the majority of his playing career at Sampdoria before a brief stint with Leicester City in 2001 just before he retired.
      He has managed Fiorentina and Inter Milan, where he won three successive Italian League titles and two Italian Cups, before being dismissed in May 2008.
      Since then, he has regularly been linked with managerial vacancies in England.
      Commenting on the appointment of Mancini, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Roberto is a hugely experienced manager with a proven track record of winning trophies and championships. His experience and track record speak for themselves.
      "What is absolutely clear is that Roberto believes in Manchester City's potential to achieve at the highest level and importantly in his own ability to make this happen.
      "My hope is that our incredible fans will join us in welcoming Roberto to the football club."
      Steve Bruce, the Sunderland manager, said in his post-match interview that it would be "disappointing" if Hughes, a former team-mate of his at Manchester United, did part company with City.
      "You can't build a football club in 18 months and one transfer window. You need a bit of time," said Bruce.
      "I don't think anyone is surprised by these things anymore. It is ridiculous. You are not going to encourage any young person to try and take this up. What is the point?
      "What are the stats? Managers last about 18 months in the Championship. It is longer in the Premier League, but that is because of the amount of time Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and David Moyes have been in their jobs.
      "I am disappointed for Mark Hughes. Really disappointed."
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        But despite spending heavily on the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott and Carlos Tevez, results have not satisfied City's ambitious owners.
        Lescott get di man fired to r*ss!!!

p.s. Carlos Tevez to di flippin worl!!!

Comment

No, it's the Spurs game that caused it. (well it's the first I ever watched a game) It shows mark's tactical naivety and his inability to adjust within a game. Steve Mclarren did the same thing in cup title game and lost to Seville I think. In the modern game , you have to watch closely and adjust accordingly or else you will lose. The fisrt goal against spurs was coming and he did nothing to stop. How much he paid for ade again? Tevez should stay. That team needs an engine room typee mid. Essien type of player.

BTW steve went on to coach England and I wondered why?

Comment

Would Rudy Austin (A Mascherani-type player) fill the need?
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Well you can't sorry for Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce.

Mark had a cushy job at Blackburn and he bolted for Man City.

Bruce did the samw with Birmingham and Wigan so a so it go.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes he would but the City owners need to see him against quality opposition. This is wherre the RBoyz and JFF comes in.

Comment

In short him should ah leff big team or big money side alone. Sass people want results for their money. You don't just put out that kind of cash and say "ah well". Furthermore they bought Robinho that alone puts pressure on mark. Should have left binho to the Barcas, Chelseas, milans of this game. Binho ah Big , big Balla. Yuh ah go see next June.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    In short him should ah leff big team or big money side alone. Sass people want results for their money. You don't just put out that kind of cash and say "ah well". Furthermore they bought Robinho that alone puts pressure on mark. Should have left binho to the Barcas, Chelseas, milans of this game. Binho ah Big , big Balla. Yuh ah go see next June.
                    Big balla only in reputation,his performances this season have been poor.

Comment

money needs results to make it happy
                      “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

he has been a very bad coach at City

Comment

Bredrin ah nuh mi, ah di big man Pele say him see himself inna di yute
                          and dem put him pon Santos. Pele say him legit to the point where dem put skimpy binho pon di senior national

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLo3hLiAtdY&feature=fvw

Team. BTW is when Binho ah grow out dat babyface? ah it mek peeple nuh tek him serious Don't mek di babyface fool yuh though.

Dunny mek mi ask yuh suppen: Do you believe that the Italians have the best well organized defence in the world? have you ever seen Messi, Cristian or any other wannabe singlehandedly pick the italian defence apart then SCORE? Well watch the above video and come talk to mi June.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                            Bredrin ah nuh mi, ah di big man Pele say him see himself inna di yute
                            and dem put him pon Santos. Pele say him legit to the point where dem put skimpy binho pon di senior national

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLo3hLiAtdY&feature=fvw

Team. BTW is when Binho ah grow out dat babyface? ah it mek peeple nuh tek him serious Don't mek di babyface fool yuh though.

Dunny mek mi ask yuh suppen: Do you believe that the Italians have the best well organized defence in the world? have you ever seen Messi, Cristian or any other wannabe singlehandedly pick the italian defence apart then SCORE? Well watch the above video and come talk to mi June.
                            Jawge dont get me wrong,i'm not saying the youth haven't got ability,what i'm saying is he cant be compared with the likes of Messi,Ronaldo,Rooney,Drogba,Xavi,Fabregas,Gerrard because he is too inconsistent he only performs when things are going great.When there is a battle he goes missing.Binho is a luxury baller.To be considered a great player you have to perform at a consistent level week in week out and make it impossible for the manager to leave you out.LOL

Comment

You are so right; i wouldn't put Robinho in a pile with club ballas.

Why the WC is the highest level? There is no coming back every game counts, you have to have nerves of steel to play there. Club ballas who can win a game here and there can't take the pressure of mortal combat.

Comment

Working...
                              X