Young Boyz leave for date with Trinis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Boyz leave for date with Trinis

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Young Boyz leave for date with Trinis</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Observer Reporter
    Tuesday, December 05, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Jamaica national Under-20 football team leaves the island this afternoon for Trinidad and Tobago where they will play the second game of their home-and-away CONCACAF qualifying series against the twin-island republic at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium tomorrow at 8:00 pm.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Young Reggae Boyz will take a two-goal advantage into the contest after beating their peers 2-0 at home in the first leg on Sunday. The winner of the tie will advance to Group B of the final round of the 2007 CONCACAF Under-20 tournament.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Group B will be hosted by Mexico and will feature Costa Rica and St Kitts and Nevis. Group A will be played in Panama and comprises the hosts, USA, Guatemala and Haiti.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The top two teams from each group will book automatic places in the bi-annual FIFA Youth World Cup in Canada next year.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Jamaica's Coach Dr Dean Weatherley said the team has to start more positively if they are to be successful.
    "It is something we need work on," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He added: "It (2-0 advantage) will have to serve, although I would have been happy with three or four, and I saw where we created the chances... but I would have been much happier with more goals," he added.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The team returns to the island on Friday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Squad - Andre ****an, Michael Binns, Eric Vernon, Ricardo Cousins, Troy Smith, Duwayne Kerr, Joel Senior, Joel Grant, Dwayne Miller, James Thomas, Dwayne Smith, Tremaine Stewart, Keammar Daley, Norman Bailey, Nicholas Beckett, Montrose Phins, Edward Campbell and Draion McNain.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Young Boyz leave for date with Trinis

They leave today to play a game tomorrow? Are we really taking this serious? Or is it people think T&amp;T cannot come back from 2 goals down?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The 2nd leg has been pushed to Thursday. Match time is 7pm T&amp;T time.

Comment

Looks like Jack already made an adjustment to the rules...Can someone tell me why the away goal rule not enforced for these games? I recall the T&amp;T coach mentioning that his aim for the first leg was to score and give T&amp;T at least an away goal advantage.....and the Jamaica coach is in T&amp;T wit the aim of scoring an "away" goal.

Now I'm reading that penalties would be the first tie breaker.

I bet had T&amp;T scored in Kingston the away goal rule would "still" be in effect today.

Come on Jack, stop cheating the youths. And how did they determine who will host the first leg of the series? Was it done by a draw or did Jack just stipulate that T&amp;T will host the final leg (hencegiving his teamhome advantageif it comes down to penalties)

Damn shame I tell u. they screwed the under-17's last time....now they trying to screw the under-20's.
        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

How can jack change a fifa rule in atches on away goal ?? explain please steeeps everyhting jack this and that..............stop wash the man name in yuh mouth jezzean

Comment

Naminirt (12/6/2006)How can jack change a fifa rule in atches on away goal ??
            Can you re-phrase that?
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

ok rf jack will change the rule he can do anything right steeps

Comment

Working...
              X