Beckham tops football's rich list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckham tops football's rich list

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh>Beckham tops football's rich list </DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbgf><DIV class=sihf>FOOTBALL'S RICH LIST </DIV><DIV class=o> </DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV class=bull>David Beckham £87m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Michael Owen £32m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Robbie Fowler £28m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Sol Campbell £27m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Rio Ferdinand £22m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Ryan Giggs £22m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Andriy Shevchenko £22m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Thierry Henry £21m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Wayne Rooney £20m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Michael Ballack £18m</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>David Beckham is British football's richest player with a personal fortune of £87m, according to a new poll.

Beckham's wealth is almost three times that of the next richest player, Michael Owen, who is worth £32m.

Robbie Fowler has amassed £28m, followed by Sol Campbell (£27m), Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs and Andriy Shevchenko (all £22m).

Roman Abramovich is comfortably the richest investor in British football, with a fortune of £10.8bn.

Despite his enormous wealth, Abramovich is only the second richest man in the country, behind steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal, worth an estimated £13.2bn.

It is thought that Abramovich has ploughed around £440m into Chelsea.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbgf><DIV class=sihf>FOOTBALL'S TOP INVESTORS </DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV class=bull>R Abramovich (Chelsea) £10.8bn</DIV><DIV class=bull>J Lewis (Spurs) £2.1bn</DIV><DIV class=bull>D Desmond (Celtic) £1.25bn</DIV><DIV class=bull>M Glazer (Man Utd) £1.05bn</DIV><DIV class=bull>T Hemmings (Ch'ton, Preston) £900m</DIV><DIV class=bull>Sir A Sugar (Spurs) £790m</DIV><DIV class=bull>R Lerner (Villa) £789m</DIV><DIV class=bull>D Murray (Rangers) £650m</DIV><DIV class=bull>S Keswick, family (Cheltenham) £644m</DIV><DIV class=bull>D Sullivan (Birmingham) £595m</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

After Abramovich the next richest investors in British football are Spurs stakeholder Joe Lewis (£2.1bn) and Celtic shareholder Dermot Desmond (£1.25bn), according to the survey in FourFourTwo magazine.

Beckham earns £4.4m per season at Real Madrid and has a number of lucrative sponsorship deals that earned him £19m last year.

Wayne Rooney and his fiancée Coleen McLoughlin could threaten the Beckhams in future years, with their fortune up to £20m from £6m last season.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Beckham tops football's rich list

I stopped playing ball because my mother used to tell me that I played too much football and didn't do enough school work. After reading this, I should never have listened to her. Okay, alright, which one of unu said "But nosaps deh pon de lis' "
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

RE: Beckham tops football's rich list

That is funny

My father saw me lacing up my boots and dashing out of the house to go to JC and play scrimage and he said " What are you doing, You will never be a Pele" ....I agree with youI should have ignored him too

Comment

Working...
      X