German legend to lead U.S. Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German legend to lead U.S. Soccer

<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><DIV class=storyHeadline style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">German legend to lead U.S. Soccer </DIV><SCRIPT> function BlogThisStoryTools() { var headline = "German legend to lead U.S. Soccer"; var url = &#100;ocument.location.href; var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url; //alert(destination); //return; &#119;indow.location.href = destination; } </SCRIPT><DIV class=dataTable style="FLOAT: right; WIDTH: 313px"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" align=left>StoryTools:</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD></TD><TD>Print </TD><TD>Email </TD><TD>Blog This </TD><TD>Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Jamie Trecker / Fox Soccer Channel </TD><TD width=10></TD><TD align=right><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[i][4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT><DIV class=firstP>Jürgen Klinsmann will be named head coach of the U.S. men's national team within
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: German legend to lead U.S. Soccer

Good choice for the USA.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (12/5/2006)Good choice for the USA.
      Good choice for them yes but I believe Bora can and will out coach him. I still believe Klinsmann was in a no fail situation with Germany and will find the going a bit more challenging with the US. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Having lived in the US so long hopefully he woud have been following CONCACAF so he wont be a 'fresh foot' right off the boat and have to do any catching up
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

T.K. (12/5/2006)
          Good choice for them yes but I believe Bora can and will out coach him. I still believe Klinsmann was in a no fail situation with Germany and will find the going a bit more challenging with the US. - T.K.
          Yuh know T.K. , was it Karl who seh yuh nuh have no sense?

I think you are onto something there. Klinsmann has not really been proven in real situations. Germany was his first coaching job. He had assistants who held the reigns for him for extended periods when he was away. He came in to take over a team with seasoned pros who were going to play in a World Cup before their home crowd. How difficult is it for you to fail in that situation?

Klinsmann's job with the USA could be certainly more challanging when you take away players of the caliber that he had to work with with Germany as well as the home field advantage and strong footalling tradition. I think he will do a good job for the USA in CONCACAF, but we should not necessarily roll over and concede the crown of the region to them. With the caliber coaches the rest of the region have contacted like Sanchez, Bora, Kempes, etc, etc, I think Klinsey is going to have his work cut outfor him. It will be interesting.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (12/5/2006)
            T.K. (12/5/2006)
            Yuh know T.K. , was it Karl who seh yuh nuh have no sense?

I think you are onto something there. Klinsmann has not really been proven in real situations. Germany was his first coaching job. He had assistants who held the reigns for him for extended periods when he was away. He came in to take over a team with seasoned pros who were going to play in a World Cup before their home crowd. How difficult is it for you to fail in that situation?

Klinsmann's job with the USA could be certainly more challanging when you take away players of the caliber that he had to work with with Germany as well as the home field advantage and strong footalling tradition. I think he will do a good job for the USA in CONCACAF, but we should not necessarily roll over and concede the crown of the region to them. With the caliber coaches the rest of the region have contacted like Sanchez, Bora, Kempes, etc, etc, I think Klinsey is going to have his work cut outfor him. It will be interesting.
            Tilla: Klinsmann and the US football boys have not reached an agreement because those novices are dithering over giving Klinsmann full control of the TEAM.

Klinsmann knows he cannot allow non-football persons to tell him (...as they did to Bruce at times) who to select and who to put on the field.

Klinsmann wants to among other things scout outside of the MLS. This suggests he has seen the MLS players and have come to the conclusion that many of them are not of the calibre he desires. It would also suggest that in his earlier days of playing 'pick-up' ball in California he saw players with much higher technical ability that some of theplayers on the US National squad. ...ofcourse, that also says he is sure of his ability to develop such technically gifted players into tactically aware and TEAM players worthy of, over time, being made into TOP OF THE WORLD footballers.

Klinsmann wants TOTAL control. The novices want to retain total control! Klinsmann will have none of it! It all boils down to whether or not the US football leaders i.e. the novices allow good sense to prevail. Nonsense demand at retaining control - No Klinsmann! That is where it currently stands!

The US brass is behaving more like our NPL owner/mangers of clubs than a managers in a 1st world country. Behaving more like our JFF and how CB and Wendell was treated...a nonprofessional entity run by ego tripping

individual(S?). :w00t:

BTW - The matter of competence of Klinsmann's assistants?

Tilla: Who do you think chose Klinsmann's assistants when he took over the German job?

Reminder: One important trait ofa good manager is ability to chose excellent 'surrounding cast'.

Klinsmann, I think, is a good manager!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X