So no one will miss this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So no one will miss this one

All of those bleating about JFF dissing local youths by not picking them for national teams at crunch time, is what them take this thing for, them think seh this is like how Burrell and Boxhill compile their list of officials for overseas trips, by repaying favours for those who work hard or those who them giving a bly?

National team places are reserved for the most deserving and to those who can help the team win from the first name on the list to the 22nd man on the squad.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: So no one will miss this one

Do me a favor and tell me which youth teams in the world have been successful by calling up last minute invitees. No successful program has done it so why we think we can perfect the art?

Think about the big picture, we will never beat The US, Mexico, or even Canada and Costa Rica doing that kind of thing so get offa the horse and think.

We live from day to day with our teams without any planning and preparation. Same thing next year again.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Relax, sass. Bora say him not into dat.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I can ony hope him nuh "whimp" out and demand it.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are either blind and deaf or chose to ignore the facts that are standing infront of you like the Great wall of China.

Some one else pointed out these players cant be expected to be in every game the Under 20 play due tro professional and College commitments and so the local players had to make do.

When the level goes up we had to try and matcvh that with the available talents- now if you chose to ignore that, then do it to your peril.

I hope next time the WC qualifying starts you keep you talk and call for an all-local team to go all the way to Africa
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

if them nuh practice them nuh play simple me nuh care where dem come from and what them name.

why practise if you going to have invitational team?

Comment

OK I realise I am wasting my time here, thought I was reasoning with some one with sense, man lock up him brain and dont want to learn, den him stay ignorant.

The 'dont train-dont play rule' applies only to people who are problematic, those who are in the camp or wherever and refuses to turn up at the training field- Now tell me how would this apply to these players?

Come on man be reasonable- if you can, by now you must be up to your hips down your throat
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Assasin (12/4/2006)Do me a favor and tell me which youth teams in the world have been successful by calling up last minute invitees. No successful program has done it so why we think we can perfect the art?

Think about the big picture, we will never beat The US, Mexico, or even Canada and Costa Rica doing that kind of thing so get offa the horse and think.

We live from day to day with our teams without any planning and preparation. Same thing next year again.

Are you saying that we should not use overseas based players in our youth teams?
                for arguement's sake, let us say that 3 of our current yard based under-20 players gets drafted by Europen teams. Let us assume that these players are very critical to the success of our local team. Since they wont be available for selection until 3 days before each game, should we turn our backs on them?

From all indications, the youth Grant is better than any of our forwards based in Jamaica at the moment. we could possibly be going to Trinidad with a 0-0 result had it not been for his double strikes. His inclusion could well be the difference between us being eliminated, or going al lteh way to the finals, thus upening doors for his other teams mates and himself, and Jamaica's football in general.

We simply dont have the numbers and infrastructure locally to produce quality teams from our local schoolboy teams and club youth teams.

If we make it to the finals, we will be playing teams loaded with players playing first team football for european clubs. Can we really expect our manning and dcup ballers to compete with these guys on their own?
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

they should be available to play some practice games with our team even on the off season.

Grant maybe good but even so his goodness never did any good before. We need to stop getting the last minute injects. it simple don't help our youth team.

If you notice the only youth team that did well spent a lot of time togather and trained togather and committed themselves. I am not against using overseas player, we need a program in place where they can get togather with their teammates sometime in the year before FIFA competition. Is that so hard to understand? Everybody other international team with a purpose have camps, whether it is in the summer on everybody off season or they find some other suitable time. Knowing your teammates, chemistry and competition amongst teammates only make our teams better. The only time we did well was when Rene was willing to take all the players on some CAMP or another to develop TEAM.

Am I talking rocket science here?

Comment

You sound like Karl now with your capitalisation, why go to another youth WC just to participate? We have been to two WC lost all six games and scored ONE goal...

Assasin better you cool yah man...stop the fool fool argument
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

if you nuh reach how you a go win?

We use to talk about all the world beater ballers we had in the 70, and 80. Did we have them playing NPL and DCup?

Comment

Working...
                      X