While the whole forum want to take me on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While the whole forum want to take me on

I am not against Jamaican players from everywhere been a part of our team. I am not for all local team.

We must however have policies and preparation in place and that primary.

First thing is if our team was really prepared over the last year I have no doubt that we wouldn't be playing Trinidad. The second thing is we will never get anywhere with just injecting these kids from overseas or anywhere at the last minute. Good teams will rip us apart this way.

I have played a little to know that it doesn't work to throw these kids in with a few days training with the team. They are not pros and even with pros it is hard. We may beat the caribbean but if we don't prepare properly we will never compete against the rest of the region.

I have seen it over and over the last few years. Throwing Nicholas Adderly, Christopher Nicholas, and other players in at the very last minute because we feel that the team not strong enough. Get them involved in a few friendly games, even in the summer time. Let the kids them know each other strenght.

This is my last post on the subject because this is seen as an anti UB40 post which it is not.

Sickko you can tell me the JFF did better this time but don't tell me this hasn't been the trend over the last few year. Statistics will also show that we have never gotten anywhere doing this to the juniors so we can argue all we want but the proof is in the pudding.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: While the whole forum want to take me on

<DIV>Whey yuh fraid o'?!? Yuh talking di truth! At some point in our development, we must stop throwing players into the team last minute so-suh-suh. Were we properly prepared, we would never even have to think about a player by the name of Joel Grant. If he wants to get a look, he needs to have presented himself from much earlier on in the campaign.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Nah stop seh suh!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, if we get past T&amp;T, which family tree are we going to delve into as we try to strengthen the team for the much more difficult final round?!?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks fi the support.

I also empathize with Lady X because I know not many is involved with Jamaican kids in sports quietly as she is and I know she is directly involved. I say this without her consent as I know she don't need the credit.

We cry fi support from overseas and if that is the case we can't afford to turn off people like Mdam X. I have to let her vent not knowing her full story but knowing that the JFF would do good explaining their policies to people like her and keeping them on their side.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And you still harping on the mis-informatiopn that these players were thrown in last minute and were not a part of previous teams and the others players dont know how they play?

Give it up man and accept you were wrong and mis-informed and swallowed a story that was not true, no matter how vehement the anger was.

The playershad been a part of the set up from long time and you MUST accept that as it is the fact.

Guess what we will beat T&amp;T again with them in the squad and move on to the Hex and they will once again give us a better chance of qualifying for another Youth WC.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes, sickko, I know that Senior was with St.GC just a few years ago so at least he is not a total stranger to our football. I will take your word for it that Grant is not exactly a typical UB-40 either. But the point remains, we must give our people a chance and stop circumventing national development by drafting in UB-40s whenever the going gets tough.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah even if these players were fresh feet off the boat, how would three players in an 18 member squad deny local development???

Makes no sense to me.

I will go back to my point that even if player A was great at the Under 15 level, there is no guarantee that he will be even half decent at the Under 20 level.

If you can remember that far back try to recall the top players in any sport in your Primary school and try recall how many of them were able to play Headley Cup or daCosta Cup at any decent level and how many of themn went on to play the sport at any decent level after school.

Point is simply that it was obvious we needed both Joels to take our team to another level and I will agree with Karl that not living here should never disqualify any player from represneting the national teams and please give the technicla staff some credit for plugging the players in that would make a difference.

Once againthe ends here justify the means.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>
              Sickko (12/4/2006)Mosiah even if these players were fresh feet off the boat, how would three players in an 18 member squad deny local development???

Makes no sense to me.

I will go back to my point that even if player A was great at the Under 15 level, there is no guarantee that he will be even half decent at the Under 20 level.

If you can remember that far back try to recall the top players in any sport in your Primary school and try recall how many of them were able to play Headley Cup or daCosta Cup at any decent level and how many of themn went on to play the sport at any decent level after school.

Point is simply that it was obvious we needed both Joels to take our team to another level and I will agree with Karl that not living here should never disqualify any player from represneting the national teams and please give the technicla staff some credit for plugging the players in that would make a difference.

Once againthe ends here justify the means.
              </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>All I am saying is, in an ideal world, we would have great preparation of our Boyz in the first place. Thereafter, they would all be on the same level playing field when competing for a position with the Joels. As it stands now, we ****foot around with our local players who are then made to step aside when the going gets rough to players that are marginally better than they are, if any! Yes, playing with Portmore may never be the same as playing with Watford, but because of that very fact, let's give our locals some hope, by preparing them properly. Then, and only then, let the chips fall where they may.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

<DIV>
                All I am saying is, in an ideal world, we would have great preparation of our Boyz in the first place. Thereafter, they would all be on the same level playing field when competing for a position with the Joels. As it stands now, we ****foot around with our local players who are then made to step aside when the going gets rough to players that are marginally better than they are, if any! Yes, playing with Portmore may never be the same as playing with Watford, but because of that very fact, let's give our locals some hope, by preparing them properly. Then, and only then, let the chips fall where they may.
                </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The last 2 sentences says it all. </DIV><DIV>Sickko refuses to accept that once it is identifiedthat preparing by playing in our NPL does not compare to preparing by playing in, for example, the EPL then it is our JFF's responsibility to create the environment that equates EPL level (...and, TOP OF THE WORLD) competition for local players to be on that level playing field with the TOP OF THE WORLD teams' players.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Cho Sickko, man...step up! Defending the JFF at the price of lost credibility is for a journalist [A yuh seh suh! ] too steep! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Wheel and come again, boss! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Grow your dreadlocks don't be afraid of the wolfpack!!

Brethrin stand your ground for what you believe in and if you need any assistance send call me as nuff of these HYPOCRITES can attest to the psychological impact of personell moves must be taken into consideration and nuff of dem support Pro sports in the USA and then can and will tell you in a minute why this or that player on their favorite team shouldn't be traded or brought in.

They will sit here and tell you all day and night why team chemistry is of the utmost importance but tell them to apply that to the reggaeboyz and all sense of THINKING and common sense goes out the &#119;indow.

That is because we were never taught to think for selves in fact we were thaught to think for work and not much else(make a guy dare challenge that and see if it ago pretty)

So here is the deal from now on I am the resident expert kinda like the ones unnu see pon Fox and I say it disrupts team chemistry fi a bring in players so late in the game and also in a situation where the players aren't professional or even psychologically prepped for these type of happenings(How I know they aren't prepped? hell if they were you no think I would know)

Now that I have said it, will you hypocrites run with it as gospel like you do what the talking heads say? or will I be questioned like the black president on Dave Chappelle?

If a kid play with the youth team and go abroad fi get some education and come back I am all fine with that. I have no problem with that(note I said it twice because sometimes I am convinced Sickko no read things properly before him respond)

What I have a problem with is a guy not earning his keep and walking into a squad right before the big game and we do this time and time again oblivious of the long term effect.

I said it and I can defend it so if GUY gets offended guy can either cry to mommy or come deal with it, who is guy?

respect

Comment

Sass, I understand your's and MdmeX's beef. Indeed, over the years that has been one of my main complaints with the JFF, even during the Burrel-Simoes era. However, mi Idrin this is not your typical injection of ''fariners.'' As Sickko tried so hard to point out,both Joels (Grant &amp; Senior) can hardly be looked at as newbies.

Senior is a local player who now attends Howard University. He has been a part of the national development for some years now and, during this past summer, spent some training time with the squad.

Grant also is no Johnny-come-lately. This is not his first time with the team. Also, because of his contract with his professional outfit (Watford) it is not possible for him to bein Jamaica for extended periods training with the squad. Nevertheless,we have to consider that he is in a professional set-up which requires a daily regimen of football training.

That said, I will reiterate that I understand fully where you're coming from and in most instances would've agreed with your and MdmeX's take. However, in this case I believe you guys jumped the gun and emoted. It's not as badas you guys reacted.I don't see myself as xenophobic butnot many here are more against the introduction of foreign players than I am. The fact is, while I would prefer to seea team exclusively with players born and bred in Jamaica, experiences have left me with a not-so-palatable taste in my mouth.Our recent failure to emmerge from the Digicel capaign is a prime example.

The glaring fact is that the JFF is short of cash and are therefore unable to keep a group of players in camp for any extended period. While corporate Jamaica seems willing to underwrite the mega salary of high-profile coaches, they have not been forthcoming from the kitty to fund a program of training young players. Excuse me but they are band-waggonists! Only after the players reach the heights of great visibilty will corporate Jamaica throw cash in a much needed program. In the interim I see no problem in bringing in a Joel senior or a Joel Grant to ensure upward mobility for the young Boyz.

And I will say it again, I do agree with the basic tenet of your argument : The JFF must find back-office ways to properly develop local players so that we do not have to send overseas for rescue therapy.
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

While I understand what you are saying this solution has never worked.

I am not against college players or UB40 joining in as a matter of fact I support it. If you ask me what I would like to see? the answer is proper recruiting where we have a list of overseas players come down and compete against our local player annually and we come up with a program where the team can blend.

Secondly, not all college program have a good off season schedule and when some of these player come they may not be in the best of shape. Luckily it is right at the peak of college season now.

Nobody on the forum can point to the stats that show that injecting these players for FIFA tournament only has ever worked so it is not just about emotions it about a track record which is used over and over again which results in failure. NOTHING can help us if we don't prepare. We shouldn't have the problems we are having beating some of these minors at the youth level. We want to keep the spirit high fi both local and overseas based players not to demoralize some of the upcoming yard fringe players.

Time fi some change.

Comment

Karl stop the damn foolishness...who is defending the JFF here....you mek this out to be a political thing? Have you lost your mind?

The Burrell admin did the same thing, you forgot that a white youth from Canada played for our Under 17 team one year...we heard he was born here but moved with his family later.

No one had anything to say about it...I had no problem with it then and I dont now.

As I said before no deserving player was left off the team to accomodate these two and if they there good enough to represnet Jamaica at this level they would be on the team.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (12/4/2006)Karl stop the damn foolishness...who is defending the JFF here....you mek this out to be a political thing? Have you lost your mind?

The Burrell admin did the same thing, you forgot that a white youth from Canada played for our Under 17 team one year...we heard he was born here but moved with his family later.

No one had anything to say about it...I had no problem with it then and I dont now.

As I said before no deserving player was left off the team to accomodate these two and if they there good enough to represnet Jamaica at this level they would be on the team.
                          The damn foolishness is **** footing around not calling out the JFF on making sure our young children and our senior teams have proper preparations! Preparations that will level the playing field for meeting CONCACAF's and the WORLD's big boys!

Your above post is just more dodging of our JFF's consistent under-preparing of our youngsters.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Once again you have proven what a buffoon you are...go back and read the original post and see who did not read well.

You think places on a football team, especially a Natioonal team is handed out as favours- welcome to the real world Chatta-box, some will fall by the wayside as others who are better than them come in.

It happens at every level of football where winning is a priority, the better players will get picked all the time, you think sports at this level is charity, if you want charity go the the Salvation Army.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Shatta Cleve (12/4/2006)

So here is the deal from now on I am the resident expert kinda like the ones unnu see pon Fox

Now that I have said it, will you hypocrites run with it as gospel like you do what the talking heads say? or will I be questioned like the black president on Dave Chappelle?

respect
                              A little too much cable tv in your life, Shatta?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X