• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No worry for Boyz

No worry for Boyz
    JFF dispels security fears ahead of friendly
    BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) yesterday said it has no fear whatsoever of the Reggae Boyz going into South Africa for the friendly fixture against the hosts in Bloemfontein on Tuesday.

Responding to a security curfew imposed on Japan, who will tackle 'Bafana Bafana' on Saturday in another friendly at the Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth, JFF boss Captain Horace Burrell said he is not worried over the safety of the players.

THOMAS (left)... recalled for next Tuesday's South African friendly game

"I'm not worried about the security of the players and the rest of the team. I'm confident that no one would seek to hurt our boys in South Africa.

"Like anywhere else in the world, including Jamaica... there is crime, but I'm not concerned at all that our team is in any danger...," said Burrell, who left for Zurich yesterday for the FIFA Disciplinary Committee hearing on Diego Maradona on Sunday.

Burrell, a FIFA South Africa 2010 Ambassador, has made numerous trips to the African nation and said he is quite satisfied the crime-fighting efforts and capability of law enforcement agencies there are adequate to deal with any eventuality.

"As I said before, this is a place that I've been to many times and I feel very safe and secured whenever I'm there, so I see no need for any concerns in the area of security," said the CONCACAF Executive Committee member.

International wire services yesterday reported that Japan's football team was subject to a security curfew ahead of a friendly international against 2010 World Cup hosts.

Japan's players, the reports claimed, have been instructed not to leave their hotel after dark while they are in South Africa for the match in Port Elizabeth, which is called "The Friendly City" and is one of South Africa's sea ports.

After arriving in Port Elizabeth, the Japanese team were whisked to their hotel and instructed not to go outside, according to Japan's Sankei Sports yesterday.

South Africa has one of the world's highest crime and murder rates in the world, which has spurred the government to pledge more than US$115 million to beef up security for the World Cup.

Bloemfontein, located in central South Africa where the Reggae Boyz will face the hosts, is abouted 337 miles from Port Elizabeth in the south.
    Meanwhile, Chivas USA defender Shavar Thomas has benefited from his team's elimination from the US Major League Soccer championship with a late recall to the Jamaican squad which departs for South Africa today.
    Thomas joins his MLS counterparts Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids) and Dane Richards (Red Bulls) as members of the party.

But Valerenga's Norway-based striker, Luton Shelton, who was in training with the squad, was forced out of coach Theodore Whirmore's final squad due to injury.

The exciting Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Burnley) and Jason Morrison (Ferencvaros) will travel from Europe to meet the group in South Africa.

Midfielder Rodolph Austin heads a list of European-based players who were already in the island preparing for the engagement. The others include Adrian Reid, Eric Vernan and Demar Phillips.

The 20-man squad is a good blend of local-based and overseas players, with goalkeepers Shawn Sawyers and Dwayne Miller, defenders Jermaine Taylor and Dicoy Williams, midfielders Richard Edwards and Lovell Palmer and attacking players Navian Boyd, Keammar Daley, Brian Bayliss and Devon Hodges making up the local contingent.

Squad - Dwayne Miller, Dicoy Williams, Jermaine Taylor, Keammar Daley, Richard Edwards, Brian Bayliss, Lovell Palmer, Devon Hodges, Adrian Reid, Shawn Sawyers, Navian Boyd, Eric Vernan, Rodolph Austin, Demar Phillips, Omar Cummings, Dane Richards, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Shavar Thomas, Jermaine Johnson, Jason Morrison.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport..._FOR_BOYZ_.asp
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

TSA Sports Agency wishes the entire JFF delegation...

TSA Sports Agency, Jamaica's premier sports marketing company, is
    pleased to announce that 4 of its clients, Richard Edwards, Lovel
    Palmer, Shawn Sawyers and Dicoy Williams have been selected to
    Jamaica's senior men's team to play South Africa on November 17,

TSA wishes the entire JFF delegation a safe, successful and
    enjoyable trip.

http://www.sportsagencyja.com/
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thomas gets late call -

Thomas gets late call - Bafana Bafana recall star striker McCarthy

Chivas USA defender Shavar Thomas has benefited from his team's elimination from the US Major League Soccer championship with a national recall. The 26-year-old defender will travel today today with the Reggae Boyz to South Africa for a friendly international against...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        No worry for Boyz
        JFF dispels security fears ahead of friendly
        BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) yesterday said it has no fear whatsoever of the Reggae Boyz going into South Africa for the friendly fixture against the hosts in Bloemfontein on Tuesday.

Responding to a security curfew imposed on Japan, who will tackle 'Bafana Bafana' on Saturday in another friendly at the Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth, JFF boss Captain Horace Burrell said he is not worried over the safety of the players.

THOMAS (left)... recalled for next Tuesday's South African friendly game

"I'm not worried about the security of the players and the rest of the team. I'm confident that no one would seek to hurt our boys in South Africa.

"Like anywhere else in the world, including Jamaica... there is crime, but I'm not concerned at all that our team is in any danger...," said Burrell, who left for Zurich yesterday for the FIFA Disciplinary Committee hearing on Diego Maradona on Sunday.

Burrell, a FIFA South Africa 2010 Ambassador, has made numerous trips to the African nation and said he is quite satisfied the crime-fighting efforts and capability of law enforcement agencies there are adequate to deal with any eventuality.

"As I said before, this is a place that I've been to many times and I feel very safe and secured whenever I'm there, so I see no need for any concerns in the area of security," said the CONCACAF Executive Committee member.

International wire services yesterday reported that Japan's football team was subject to a security curfew ahead of a friendly international against 2010 World Cup hosts.

Japan's players, the reports claimed, have been instructed not to leave their hotel after dark while they are in South Africa for the match in Port Elizabeth, which is called "The Friendly City" and is one of South Africa's sea ports.

After arriving in Port Elizabeth, the Japanese team were whisked to their hotel and instructed not to go outside, according to Japan's Sankei Sports yesterday.

South Africa has one of the world's highest crime and murder rates in the world, which has spurred the government to pledge more than US$115 million to beef up security for the World Cup.

Bloemfontein, located in central South Africa where the Reggae Boyz will face the hosts, is abouted 337 miles from Port Elizabeth in the south.
        Meanwhile, Chivas USA defender Shavar Thomas has benefited from his team's elimination from the US Major League Soccer championship with a late recall to the Jamaican squad which departs for South Africa today.
        Thomas joins his MLS counterparts Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids) and Dane Richards (Red Bulls) as members of the party.

But Valerenga's Norway-based striker, Luton Shelton, who was in training with the squad, was forced out of coach Theodore Whirmore's final squad due to injury.

The exciting Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Burnley) and Jason Morrison (Ferencvaros) will travel from Europe to meet the group in South Africa.

Midfielder Rodolph Austin heads a list of European-based players who were already in the island preparing for the engagement. The others include Adrian Reid, Eric Vernan and Demar Phillips.

The 20-man squad is a good blend of local-based and overseas players, with goalkeepers Shawn Sawyers and Dwayne Miller, defenders Jermaine Taylor and Dicoy Williams, midfielders Richard Edwards and Lovell Palmer and attacking players Navian Boyd, Keammar Daley, Brian Bayliss and Devon Hodges making up the local contingent.

Squad - Dwayne Miller, Dicoy Williams, Jermaine Taylor, Keammar Daley, Richard Edwards, Brian Bayliss, Lovell Palmer, Devon Hodges, Adrian Reid, Shawn Sawyers, Navian Boyd, Eric Vernan, Rodolph Austin, Demar Phillips, Omar Cummings, Dane Richards, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Shavar Thomas, Jermaine Johnson, Jason Morrison.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport..._FOR_BOYZ_.asp
        Worried bout crime??

Wen yuh live ah Jamaica dem place deh is like a vacation yuh ah tek....strait
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Proud a unnuh ! Nice site TSA .
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

South Africa going through a transition right now and humility will help

Comment

Nice web site guys. Me very proud a unuh. If I may be so bold as to offer my two cents.... the website could do with a little more umph (I am not sure what ...yet), plus it would be good to see some pictures AND VIDEOS of your clients. Any videos or pictures of your clients playing in the national colours would go a long way.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

thanks jangle ... all a dat inna di works.... suh dem tell mi!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

tenk yuh, sah!
                  ...an di comments well noted!

Comment

Working...
                  X