Bailiffs visit JFF office :cussing:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiffs visit JFF office :cussing:

There was confusion yesterday afternoon at the Jamaica Football Federation secretariat in New Kingston as representatives from a local bailiff company, acting on behalf of England-based company NVA Management, turned up at the doors with a summons and demanding a meeting with general secretary Horace Reid.

The matter concerns outstanding payments from the ill-fated 2006 English tour, which was undertaken under the previous administration led by Crenston Boxhill, amounting to a sum of £10,366.75.

They were, however, forced to leave empty-handed but promised to return today after Reid was unable to meet with them because of other commitments.

Last year, the JFF was ordered by a Central London County Court to settle the claim made by the event planning and management organisation, which was contracted by the Boxhill administration to provide certain services during the tour that saw Jamaica's senior team play friendly internationals against Ghana and England.

speak openly

A highly placed JFF source confirmed the visit of the bailiffs, but was unable to speak openly about the details surrounding the situation.

When contacted Reid said that he was aware of the bailiff's visit but was unable to say much more on the record because he did not have all the details readily available.

"Several persons came by the office and I understand that they wanted to see me but I could not meet with them right away because we had another function, they got impatient and decided to leave. They did, however, say that they will be coming back tomorrow until then, I really cannot say anything on the matter," Reid said.

"I do not know the details of the document that they had in their possession and I don't have all the details regarding the situation right now, so I cannot say anything else plus it's a court matter and I would not want to say anything that would compromise that process," he added.

Beside the outstanding issues regarding NVA Management, the JFF also found itself in a bind with the English Football Association following the tour, after monies owed from ticket sales were not paid over by the Crenston Boxhill - led JFF

At the time of the court ruling, which came less than a month after current president Captain Horace Burrell ordered a forensic audit of the 2006 tour, Burrell stated that he believes the impasse will have a bad effect on the country's reputation.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

The money wha the old JFF admin collect dun spend & share up long time ago.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And to think Mosiah and Sicko use to defend Boxhill hard.

LOL Mi wonder if is Captain Burrell did take the other 20 towel dem.

Comment

Working...
      X