Shorter recovery time for injured Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorter recovery time for injured Davis

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Shorter recovery time for injured Davis</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>KAYON RAYNOR, Observer staff reporter
    Friday, December 01, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=184 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>DAVIS... injured knee on Tuesday</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>JAMAICAN international Claude Davis, who suffered a knee injury during Sheffield United's 1-0 win over fellow English Premier League strugglers Watford on Tuesday, is set to spend less time on the sidelines than his club previously expected.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Sheffield United's manager, Neil Warnock, feared the central defender would be on the injured list for several weeks, but Davis told the Observer his recovery time will be much less after he underwent a scan on his right knee yesterday.
    "As the scan showed... it's just like the ligament that has stretched off the knee," Davis said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The 27-year-old, who joined Sheffield from Preston Northend in the summer for a club record fee of £2.5 million, missed the first five games of the English Premier League with a injury to the same knee.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He suffered the injury in a pre-season game against Notts County on Aug 1.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It is not a tear like the last time because it's only a stretch with a small inflammation around my knee, so the (feared) several weeks have boiled down to about one or two weeks tops. I start training back next Tuesday, so hoping a week on Monday I will be playing," said Davis, who has made nine league appearances for Sheffield.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The former Portmore United player admitted that he also feared the re-occurring injury would have kept him out of action for a long period.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"When it just happened, that's the first thing that run through my mind, DeJa Vu, but as I always say the Lord is good so everything is in His hand, so all I need to do now is just rest it for a couple days, so some strengthening work and I'll be OK," he quipped.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Davis was forced off during his side's win over Watford with the injury which he sustained while blocking a shot from Gavin Mahon on Nov 28 at Vicarage Road.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Sheffeild, with 13-points, are third from bottom in the 20-team EPL standings, which is led by Manchester United on 38-points.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We're not doing particularly well, but everyone is still sticking together... as a new team in the Premiership we're not going to attract a lot of top strikers, so we just to use who we have... and hope we stay up before giving it a real go next season," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In the meantime, asked for his reaction to the appointment of Serbian-born coach Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, Davis - who has 47 caps for Jamaica - said, "To be honest with you I don't think the technical director is the problem. I don't think it's the players or the Federation... I think we just need to start from scratch," he said.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Shorter recovery time for injured Davis

To be honest with you I don't think the technical director is the problem. I don't think it's the players or the Federation... I think we just need to start from scratch
    What does Big Claude mean by the above statement? Should we throw out the baby and the bath water and start from the begining?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
    X