Warner's Caribbean rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll put my 0.02 cents in on this.

Im not a Jack Warner fan, but I agree wit HL and Karl that he has done a whole lot more positives than negatives for CFU and Concacaf as a whole in FIFA's eyes.

Naminirt you asked for at least 1 positive. I will give you at least one. Jack Warner fought extremely hard for Concacaf to be awarded a 3rd automatic spot at the WC and he got it. CFU benefitted and JA qualified for France '98 as a result. At the WC finals in Japan/Korea in '02, CFU again benefitted when he also was able to get a .5 spot playoff for the 4th place finisher in Concacaf. Again, he was able to achieve that which facilitated Trinidad and Tobago's qualification to Germany '06. During his tenure, he has raised CFU and Concacaf's profile on a global level. The point here is he's done alot of good but he's also benefitted personally and financially because that is what happens at this level. By no means am I minimizing the payment issue with TNT players and the TTFF but that is a separate issue on its own.

As much as people speak of Jack and the money he's made from his role as Concacaf President, many people in the ranks have also benefitted. Sepp Blatter has also benefitted from his role as FIFA president. Some speak of Concacaf as being corrupt, if you really want to see how corrupt a confederate can be look no further than Asian Confederate President Mohammed Bin Hamman. This guy makes Warner look like a saint.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      Naminirt: I recalled Jack 'the ripper' withdrew his services to T&T football.

Things went down hill fast. He was literally begged to return to save the day.

Jack deserves all the fringe benefits his extremely hard work brings.

This man is hard at work while most of his critics sleep away their lives!!

but he's only for TNT .
      Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
      United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
      happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
      Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        I have disputed Jack has made tremendous money out of his associations with FIFA...I am saying before Jack we were less than dirt in FIFAs eyes.
        u know a united CFU Block have more votes than their Central & North american counterparts
        United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
        Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
          HL yuh missing the point jack Warner put himself in a position of POWER .. he owns our football .... he has such a strangle on our federation ....btw he did not withdraw any service all that was just a show ....
          not just TTFF , he have a grip on CFU . he have provoke 6 federations including JA and he have done so successfully he's arguable
          one of the most powerful man in world football .
          Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by wbvs View Post
            u know a united CFU Block have more votes than their Central & North american counterparts
            Yuh seit!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!! We have made a pact with the devil and without Jack at the helm, we will have no representation. The European countries are itching to oust Jack and his bed buddy Sepp, and if they do, then bye-bye CONCACAF, Asia and Africa. They are raping these confederations.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                I'll put my 0.02 cents in on this.

Im not a Jack Warner fan, but I agree wit HL and Karl that he has done a whole lot more positives than negatives for CFU and Concacaf as a whole in FIFA's eyes.

Naminirt you asked for at least 1 positive. I will give you at least one. Jack Warner fought extremely hard for Concacaf to be awarded a 3rd automatic spot at the WC and he got it. CFU benefitted and JA qualified for France '98 as a result. At the WC finals in Japan/Korea in '02, CFU again benefitted when he also was able to get a .5 spot playoff for the 4th place finisher in Concacaf. Again, he was able to achieve that which facilitated Trinidad and Tobago's qualification to Germany '06. During his tenure, he has raised CFU and Concacaf's profile on a global level. The point here is he's done alot of good but he's also benefitted personally and financially because that is what happens at this level. By no means am I minimizing the payment issue with TNT players and the TTFF but that is a separate issue on its own.

As much as people speak of Jack and the money he's made from his role as Concacaf President, many people in the ranks have also benefitted. Sepp Blatter has also benefitted from his role as FIFA president. Some speak of Concacaf as being corrupt, if you really want to see how corrupt a confederate can be look no further than Asian Confederate President Mohammed Bin Hamman. This guy makes Warner look like a saint.
                There you go...

...and the things Jack has gotten done can be itemized. I have no doubt that Naminirt knows of Jack's good work.

Jack's squabble with those who would want to take his place and get their hands on some of 'the money' is not for us to become involved. It is for those who have the disputes to seek through the appropriate legitimate channels the redress they think they are entitled.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  The European countries are itching to oust Jack and his bed buddy Sepp, and if they do, then bye-bye CONCACAF, Asia and Africa. They are raping these confederations.
                  they cant do so , sepp wants votes to stay in power and warner have a grip on 25 sure votes
                  Last edited by wbvs; October 28, 2009, 10:48 AM.
                  Probably forthcoming...

Comment

I wish Warner could become a Jamaican you can have him. TO GET WERE HE IS OUR FOOTBALL SUFFERED IN ..... From mashing up our soccer league in the 80's to changing the constitution to prevent clubs from voting to not playing player since the 80's .. All Warner has done is put him self in a position of power !!! and make it look like we cannot make it with out him...

Comment

Look how far he/ttff willing to go

TTFF manoeuvre worries Warriors
                      By Lasana Liburd (tnttimes.com)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) declared an immediate interest in the “Soca Warriors” 2014 World Cup campaign. However, their rift with the class of 2006 shows no sign of closing as both parties brace for fresh legal jousting over unpaid World Cup bonuses in the Trinidad and Tobago High Court.

Sixteen 2006 World Cup players took the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA)—the TTFA is still mandated by the government to run local football although the body has referred to itself as the TTFF since September 13, 1998—before the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel (SDRP) last year. On May 19, 2008, that body ruled that they are owed half of all revenue obtained from the country’s successful Germany World Cup bid.

(The TTFF revealed last November that defender Marvin Andrews had settled with them but, in the absence of formal information from either party, Michael Townley, a London-based solicitor hired by 17 World Cup players, continues to number him among his clients.)

However, even as the two parties prepare to cross swords again on home soil, the local football body’s attempt to have the name “TTFA” erased by an act of Parliament has prompted shock and dismay from the players’ representatives, who are urging authorities to thwart their manoeuvre.

Through a notice in the local newspapers on August 28, 2009, Jacqui Sampson, Clerk of the House of Representatives, notified the public that the main purpose of the Bill, which would formerly incorporate the TTFF, is “to enable (the TTFF) to hold property and to otherwise carry out its aims and objectives”.

But the players are unconvinced, particularly considering the timing of the move.

“I find it farcical, if not comical,” 2006 World Cup standout and former Newcastle and West Ham custodian Shaka Hislop told the TnT Times. “It is a ploy by the TTFF or TTFA to do exactly what they did some 20 years ago, which is to get out of paying debts they owe to creditors and players included.

“I have a copy of the contract between the ‘Strike Squad’ and the TTFA that they got out of by just changing their names. Now they have a more substantial payoff in the offing with the 2006 World Cup squad and they are trying to repeat history.”

Hislop pleaded with the powers-that-be not to be “hoodwinked.”

“To get away with this, they need presidential and Government support for what amounts to a fraud on their creditors,” said the ESPN commentator. “Nothing changed when they changed their names the last time. Everyone remained in their same jobs. It was a fraud and we shouldn’t sit idly by and allow it to happen again.”

Mike Townley is also suspicious of the TTFF’s motives and is urging Parliament to defy the football body until after the court case is settled.

“There is no apparent good reason to incorporate a new company to run the business of Trinidad and Tobago’s football,” said Townley. “The reason given in the paper is to allow the Federation to hold property but they can hold the property under the 1982 act. And, if it is about a trading name, then they have been using the name ‘TTFF’ for over ten years without any problem either.

“I can only think it is to do with the litigation and their wider responsibility to the players.”

The Clerk of the House’s public notice stated that “all legal proceedings pending, or claims subsisting against the TTFF immediately before the commencement of the Act shall be continued on and after the commencement of the Act by the TTFF”. But Townley does not feel that provision offers enough protection for his client and would rather not take any chances.

“One of the consequences of the name change,” said Townley, “is that it would make it formally impossible to require an account to be produced for the 2006 World Cup period because there won’t be a body left to produce that account.

“The new body can say we were not around in 2006 so we can’t be expected to produce an account for that period. They say (the proposed name change) is for convenience but clearly there is a reason that isn’t being stated.”

On September 18 and 23, 2009, Townley sent to the Clerk of the House two petitions in opposition to the bill.

George Hislop, father of Shaka Hislop and an attorney, also petitioned the House of Representatives to “desist from being made a party to changing and/or altering the status of any of the litigants to the proceedings prior to the determination of the matter without leave of the Honourable Presiding Judge and notice to all parties therein.”

Hislop senior further requested that any new bill regarding the local football body should give the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) “full recognition as a partner with TTFF for the fair and proper conduct and management of the affairs of TTFF with particular reference to (i) players’ contracts and remuneration; (ii) revenue sharing at international games.”

At present, FPATT is in a state of flux as they are yet to appoint a president since the term of interim leader, Shaka Hislop, expired in mid-2008. The players’ union is yet to meet the criteria for government funding and, as such, was unable to bank the $1.5 million cheque offered by Sport Minister Gary Hunt in January.

“We are dormant,” said Hislop (S). “I have made contact with the founding members and we are trying to kickstart the association again… You might say (FPATT) went 90 yards and then stumbled at the last hurdle.

“But we don’t have far to go where (being able to accept government funding) is concerned.”

The players have always maintained that FPATT business was separate from and unrelated to their World Cup bonus suit. For the moment, it is the bonus issue—and, particularly, the possible repeal of the 1982 Act by which the TTFA was incorporated—that is on the front burner.

“The TTFF has been collecting and distributing money quite comfortably for all those years,” said Hislop, “and I don’t have any confidence in them being above board with their reason for a sudden change.

“I am afraid they are trying to divert property so that (if our legal victory stands) we will get an empty judgement.”

Comment

that is a nonsense argument, Karl! and you know it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          There you go...

...and the things Jack has gotten done can be itemized. I have no doubt that Naminirt knows of Jack's good work.

Jack's squabble with those who would want to take his place and get their hands on some of 'the money' is not for us to become involved. It is for those who have the disputes to seek through the appropriate legitimate channels the redress they think they are entitled.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!! We have made a pact with the devil and without Jack at the helm, we will have no representation. The European countries are itching to oust Jack and his bed buddy Sepp, and if they do, then bye-bye CONCACAF, Asia and Africa. They are raping these confederations.

Think about what CFU and Concacaf would look like if we had people like Platini and Beckenbauer at the helm of FIFA. No respect would be shown to us. Sho nuff we would not and I repeat would not have 3.5 spots this side of tha globe.

Comment

What have we benefitted? i'm still waiting to see the list.
                              Peter R

Comment

And that HL, IS the problem.... if you can't see that well God help you..
                                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                                X