Adu has to wait on Man Utd future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adu has to wait on Man Utd future

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh>Adu has to wait on Man Utd future </DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Adu is still waiting to find out if he has a future outside the US</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Teenager Freddy Adu must wait until June to find out if Manchester United will try and sign him, after completing his two-week trial at the club.

The USA midfielder impressed boss Sir Alex Ferguson, but under UK employment law he cannot make an offer until Adu reaches his 18th birthday next year.

"Freddy has done all right," said Ferguson. "He is a talented boy.

"He'll go back to the US and we'll keep a check on him. When he is 18, we will have to assess what we can do next."

Adu, who was given the nod by his MLS club DC United to attend the trial, has been training with United's academy players at their Carrington training ground.

"What we did was to bring him here to give him an idea of what United was like so he could see the place and see how comfortable he was with it," said Ferguson.

"He is a very confident and good, young boy but there is nothing we can do about him."

The Ghanain-born Adu already enjoys a high profile in the US, where he became the youngest player to represent the national side.

The teenager, who is keen to test his mettle outside the US, has also attracted interest from Chelsea and Reading.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: Adu has to wait on Man Utd future

Ah right missa Lazie what you have fi say now.

Taken from the horses(I mean the boss's mouth).

What you think Adu a go play first team any club him go?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Adu a 17 ... Luton a 22 yuh see the difference? Plus he is an international. Fergie give Adu that fi hold.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie wha you a deal wid

man a 22 and him fi go waste time a play league 1 when him can go a Premier?

Ask Gamma dem how old is Adu and them will find him birth paper fi you

Comment

I don't understand unuh logic. Its not a problem for him to be in Manu's reserves, him can play in the English 2nd division, but playing the in French top division is him wasting away?

Apparently something wrong with me.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie Luton Sheldon can make EPL sides if you ask me.

He is fast, He can kick the ball and he can also head it. For some reason you think he is far behind Larson at this stage, when he is not.

If he goes to A EPL team I give him until next season to be at least a regular on the first team bench of almost any EPL team. You claim Experience but experience let down so many big players sometime.

you a back yourself in a corner here mi brethren. I have no problem with the league he chooses but he is good enough to play EPL and the second thing is the French League is not much better than the Swedish league, if any better at this stage.

Comment

I didn't say he cannot make an EPL team. Point out where I said that.What I love about this forum, when a man run out a steam, dem twist Lazie's words. Its all good.

The French league is not much better than the Swedish league? Really? In case you are unaware, the French league, had players like Essien, Drogba, Henry, Hienze to name a few. Currently have alot of stars, just cyaan spell the names now. How many stars pass through the Swedish league? How many Swedish teams in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup? Stop bite yuh finganail ... now how many French teams in both competition? Yet you say Lazie back himself into a corner? Joke ting.

Again, I'd rather see him starting regularly in a top league, where he can catch the eyes of the more established clubs. As I pointed out b4, France nuh have strict work permit requirements as England. But if unuh prefer fi him guh play inna Manu's reserve ... hey!

Comment

Lazie Sweden has never failed to provide their fair share of players to the European market and good clubs too. Not because you don't see them on tv.

Lazie you start sounding like Jawge yah now.

there are a few players in England as well like the Aston Villa defender. did they have to go to the French league first?

Comment

Working...
                X