Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REGGAE GIRLZ?

FIFA Women's World Ranking
    <SPAN class=art-title2>Germany still on top</SPAN> <TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=150 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    </TD></TR><TR class=paddingall><TD vAlign=top> <SPAN class=textblack11px_normal>Canada moved into the top 10 for the first time ever in this month's rankings and their success in the standings can be partly attributed to the success of youngsters such as Jodi Ann Robinson and Amanda Cicchini, pictured here in action against Lauren Cheney of the USA during the final of the Pre Mundial Femenil FIFA 2006 Veracruz, Mexico on 27 January 2006.
    </SPAN><SPAN class=textblack11px_bold>(AFP)</SPAN> <SPAN class=textblack11px_bold>MEXSPORT/CHRISTIAN PALMA
    </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">(FIFA.com)</SPAN> <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">14 Sep 2006</SPAN>

<SPAN class=art-text>As qualifiers for the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup in China continue, Germany show no signs of weakening and continue to lead the way in the FIFA Women's World Ranking.

However, the USA have the reigning world champions within striking distance and could even reclaim the throne before the kick-off to next year's showpiece event.

While a chasing pack of teams has the top two in sight, Denmark and Italy both lose ground. As a result, Canada (10th, up 1) break into the top ten for the first time ever, followed closely by a talented England side. Meanwhile, there is notable progress by several Eastern European teams, with Ukraine (17th, up 2), Czech Republic (19th, up 2), Poland (28th, up 2), Slovakia (39th, up 3) and Kazakhstan (64th, up 4) all making gains.

Moving down the ladder, Romania (37th, down 6) and Egypt (80th, down 5) record the biggest losses.

Now including a record 134 teams, the most since its introduction in July 2003, the ranking is drawn up on the basis of a range of factors including result, home advantage, importance of match and opponents' strength. It is published four times per year.

According to the Big Count survey conducted by FIFA in 2001, 22 million women and girls around the world play football.

-----------------

Mexico - 25!

Sooooo based on our showingcan we...do we have the potential to...climbrapidly?

I say, YES!

Go REGGAE GIRLZ!

Forward!

btw -REGGAE GIRLZ #81

Our REGGAE GIRLZ did not play 'saps' during those FIFA World Cup qualifiers! Yes?

Go REGGAE GIRLZ!</SPAN>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: REGGAE GIRLZ?

Vin needs technical help, and I don't think girls are that far off from being competitive with the top 2nd & 3rd teams in the region - > Canada & Mexico.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think the performance of the U19 team has been written off too quickly just because the senior team didn't look too competitive at the gold Cup. We are just starting out, its going to be harder at the senior level for us right now but recentperformances of our under 19 girls against CONCACAFs bestseem to put to shame some of the talk of how bad Vin Blaine is, or how far behind our women's football is.
      SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

I agree on most points and I do expect a massive leap in the next rankings for our girls, I think 81 is an abomination really, not that I ever managed to figure out how FIFA does their ranking things.

The senior team was not that bad in the Gold Cup but where I disagree with you is that our programme is still very young and as such must be given some time to grow.

Dont forget that it was only recently that it was incorporated under the JFF umbrella and even then, it was never really taken seriously.

Vin is our first really serious coach and he too must be given some job sercurity to continue to build the team for the next five years at least.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (12/1/2006)I agree on most points and I do expect a massive leap in the next rankings for our girls, I think 81 is an abomination really, not that I ever managed to figure out how FIFA does their ranking things.

The senior team was not that bad in the Gold Cup but where I disagree with you is that our programme is still very young and as such must be given some time to grow.

Dont forget that it was only recently that it was incorporated under the JFF umbrella and even then, it was never really taken seriously.

Vin is our first really serious coach and he too must be given some job sercurity to continue to build the team for the next five years at least.
          Agreed!

The program is young and must be given the tools (*Excellent JFF back-office support) to grow!

*A) Funding - Arranged by excellent JFF management.

B) Preparation - Arranged by JFF keeping the young ladies in continuous preparation and continuously playing top world competition - i.e. playing against FIFA Ranked 1-30,top US college teams and top European club teams.

Anything less? Unacceptable!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X