Pulis tells Fuller to lose weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulis tells Fuller to lose weight

Stoke striker Ricardo Fuller has said he has been told to lose weight by Potters manager Tony Pulis.

The 29-year-old was Stoke's leading scorer with 11 goals last season, but has yet to find the net in the Premier League this term.

Fuller told BBC Stoke: "The gaffer said that I've gained a bit of weight and that I need to lose some.

"I drink a lot of protein shakes and things like that. I need the weight because my main strength is my power."

Fuller struggled for match fitness during the tail end of last season after dislocating his right shoulder in the 2-0 defeat at Sunderland in February.

A long spell with the Jamaican national team during the summer limited his pre-season fitness programme and Fuller believes he is still striving to get back to his best.

"I know I need to pick my fitness up because I didn't have a proper pre-season," he added.

"In games, the lads keep putting the ball in the corners so I just keep chasing after it.

"I know that I need to get some running done. When I'm on the pitch I just run and run to try and make something out of nothing for the team."
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

what long spell with ntl team? da bredda ya always a tell lie.. should he not be fit if he was with the ntl team

Comment

Willi Boo took an unnecessay dig at the national coaches and the national program. I wonder if he holds any grudges?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fuller along with Stew Peas and Claude Davis looked as if they were getting too big when I saw them at the Gold Cup match vs Canada in LA.

I think losing some weight will help his game as he has maybe gone over to power over finesse a little too much.

It shouldn't be a problem for him.

When you play in the EPL and you come back and look at the national set up. How could you not take it for a joke when you are used to being organised day in and day out?

How could you not take it for a joke when you notice say dem man deh not even a try to be better?

I mean seriously now?
        Its now 2009 and we went to the world cup in 1998. How long it takes for us to learn?

Comment

How much training unnu think the man dem do? One game against Cayman and then the Gold cup. The camps were mostly local players who never played
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post

A long spell with the Jamaican national team during the summer limited his pre-season fitness programme and Fuller believes he is still striving to get back to his best.
            So who is the author of this opinion? If true it's a really sad indictment of the national set-up. One would think a "long spell" might translate to superb fitness rather than the opposite... ahh bwoyyyy
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X