Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Africa time now - Ghana U20 Champions

Africa time now - Ghana U20 Champions
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Don't know how Jawge is going to take this BRAZIL loss:

Summary

Ghana sink Seleção for gold
    Ten-man Ghana won the FIFA U-20 World Cup by defeating Brazil in a sudden death penalty shoot-out after the two teams failed to break the deadlock in 120 minutes of football. The African and South American champions, who had not lost a game during the competition, keep that proud record intact, but at the end of the day, it was the Black Satellites, who followed in the footsteps of ...
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Taking it okay.Only Diogo and D.Costa are worthy of calling themselves Brasilians. This must be the D team. In 93 Cate couldn't make Sao Paulo's starting eleven, Tele santana could afford to send him off to Australia. Santana kept Juninho though. Ronaldo (R9) could have gone but his club kept him (played in the senior squad the next year at 16).Just 16 years ago Brasil could send a B squad to win and still thrill the audience. Now?

From Ghana I pick the number 6. The best part of this game was the penaly shoot out. I think the ref spoilt the game with the red card. Give Ghana their due; they played a very tactical game to reach the penalty shootout; very disciplined and never committed themselves to be drawn in the counter attack trap. The only hitch was when Miacon missed at point blank range.

Comment

Ghana's MVP HAS to be the goalie. The "miss " by Miacon at point blank range was in fact a fabulous save by the goalie. He was ALWAYS in position to make critical saves.

I agree with you on the ref; a bit overzealous I thought. A yellow was warranted, but a straight red? Anyway, it's all behind them. Congrats to Ghana and the young "Black Satellites".
        Peter R

Comment

Dress Rehearsal fi 2010 World Cup!! This could well be a preview of the WC final matchup, indeed it has to be the Africans time fi real! African champions wi a look fah!

Comment

Africa have U20 WC, U17WC coming up in Nigeria, African Nations Cup in Angola(?) or is it Mozambique in the new year, then the Grandaddy in South Africa... ah Africa time fi true!
            Peter R

Comment

The U-20 W Cup Winners have not all gone on to win W/cup..look at teams like Nigeria, Argentina....anyone has the stats?

Comment

had maicon placed that shot it would have been over. Ghana's finishing and shooting technique needs alot of work. Some players had poor first touch also. I can see why Brasil take advantage of their opponent (not this day though)

Comment

True and they better have solid teams (in terms of depth, being technically sound, tactically aware and disciplined) to dislodge the top euro and S. maerican teams to make to the final in 2010. Different ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                    Africa time now - Ghana U20 Champions
                    what a game ! That game was one of the best in the tournament ,
                    Ghana had determination .
                    Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                    United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                    happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                    Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                    X