Larson to play in the EPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larson to play in the EPL

United have confirmed they have agreed a three-month loan deal for Henrik Larsson.

The 35-year-old striker will arrive from Swedish club Helsingborgs on 1 January and will remain at Old Trafford until 12 March.

Larsson is delighted with the move and is looking forward to the challenge ahead.

"Sir Alex Ferguson called me last night and greeted me to Manchester United," Larsson revealed. "We spoke a little about a match and how it looked with Christmas and the New Year.

"They have been after me before - after the first or second season with Celtic. It feels nice to come and play for such a big club.

"I will go over there to play as much as possible - but I have no idea of how Ferguson wants to use me. Am I a back-up? Yes, at the beginning; I probably won't play every match from the start. But then you will see what I can contribute and how things are going.

"I know the players," he added. "They arevery good players. I have played against many of them, so it's not a new thing. I hope the situation will be easier, knowing the faces and names.

"For me it feels like a very fun thing to contribute at such a late stage in my career. We have not discussed a jersey number at all. We will see what it will be."

Larsson returned to his native Sweden in July after a two year spell with Barcelona. In his final game for Barca, Larsson collected a Champions League winners' medal and was involved in both goals as the Spaniards claimed a 2-1 victory over Arsenal at the Stade de France.

The deal would seem to suit all parties. Larsson, who won the European Golden Boot in2001 after scoring 35 league goals,will provide Sir Alex Ferguson withanotherattacking option alongside Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha, Alan Smith and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The temporary transfer also means transfer also means theformerCelticace, who is also eligible for the Champions League,will maintain his match sharpness for Helsingborgs ahead of the start of the new Swedish domestic season in April.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Larson to play in the EPL

I assume he will just recommend his current strike partner

Luton Sheldon. Wouldn't that be amazing?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Fergie looking for experience. I think Luton should make another attempt to get into the Championship or better yet, try to get into Ligue 1.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (12/1/2006)Fergie looking for experience. I think Luton should make another attempt to get into the Championship or better yet, try to get into Ligue 1.
        League 1 is a waste f Shelton's time. He should start in England with nothing less than a Champioship team. Him going to League 1 is a step down.

Comment

He shouldtake a step up in competition and go to the NPL. - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Lazie what do you think of this? This seems like a crying move by Fergie. - T.K.

Comment

T.K. (12/1/2006)He shouldtake a step up in competition and go to the NPL. - T.K.
              Bronx league would be a better fit.

Comment

The French Top Division is less that the Championship? Really? My reason for saying he should go there is alot of stars use that league as a stepping stone. I'd have no problem with him going there.

Top teams in England in search of a striker look in the top leagues around Europe, including League 1. Preston have a forward that score goals for a hobby, he is yet to be picked up by an EPL team.

Comment

Me (12/1/2006)
                  T.K. (12/1/2006)He shouldtake a step up in competition and go to the NPL. - T.K.
                  Bronx league would be a better fit.
                  Mosiah will kill you. - T.K.

Comment

If Man U can look at Adu, I am sure Henrick will tell them about Luton.

let's see if Manu takes his advice.

Luton right now is better than a lot of Manu second team strikers and have a lot of speed.

The Swedish league is not a bad one and to be starting with Larson and scoring at that rate is VERY impressive.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

and they don't look in Sweden?

Comment

and they don't look in Sweden?

Comment

Assasin (12/1/2006)If Man U can look at Adu, I am sure Henrick will tell them about Luton.

let's see if Manu takes his advice.

Luton right now is better than a lot of Manu second team strikers and have a lot of speed.

The Swedish league is not a bad one and to be starting with Larson and scoring at that rate is VERY impressive.
                          Heard via the grapevine some speculation that this Adu trial was because of Glazer and AIG. Manu not signing Adu, him can guh to CSKA London.

T.K., that move surprised me. I thought they'd have gone after a Torres or an Ajax forward.

Comment

Lazie all you think about is now

What about 2 years from now. One year with the second team and capture him for 1.5 million might be a steal.

Lazie remember manu buy a lot of second team players as well. I am not looking for Luton to be in the starting line up.

When Manu bought Howard, there were a lot of expose keepers ahead of him but they choose to differ.

Comment

2nd Team? Out of playing in the reserves team for an EPL team or making a name starting in the first team in France or even Portugal. Which is better?

Comment

Working...
                              X