Rio blasts racism punishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio blasts racism punishments

England defender Rio Ferdinand believes 'feeble punishments' are allowing racism in sport to continue.
    Ferdinand is not convinced that football's governing bodies are clamping down on unacceptable crowd behaviour with enough clout, with supporters continuing to act in the same way after a fine.
    The 30-year-old feels racist behaviour from certain fans will continue if harsher punishments are not handed out to the culprits.
    "You see feeble punishments handed out," he told MUTV.
    "The message to youngsters is that it couldn't have been that bad after all.
    "If you are (disqualified) out of a competition then I think young people get the message that is harder-hitting."
    Ferdinand was speaking during a debate on the scourge of racism through the ages.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...623195,00.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

he needs ta learn 2 defend properly fus.....den tek tings from deh and move forward. My bwoy Terry can't be covering his ar*e all de time.....
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
      he needs ta learn 2 defend properly fus.....den tek tings from deh and move forward. My bwoy Terry can't be covering his ar*e all de time.....
      Are you serious? What does one have to do with the other? Why did Capello call him for a meaningless game when he is just returning from injury?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Good chat, sah!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have to agree... behaviour off the field by racist "fans" has nothing to do with a player's on-field performance. Let's separate the issues, please. Monkey-chanters et al should be banned for a long long time.
          Peter R

Comment

clubs should be punished too

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Correct...
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X