No announcement yet.

ISSA should not answer to JFF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time, I don't know the legal aspect of this issue, however, while I am not a disciple of Burrell, we should listen to the reason why he wants to "interfere". Bad behaviour needs to be cleaned up and if ISSA isn't doing the job maybe the JFF can do it... maybe?
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Can't happen unless they play on their own fields...or fields not owned by entities affiliated with the JFF...and use refs and other officials not affiliated with the JFF...and the players would be subject to sanctions by the JFF and the JFF affiliated organisations.
      Precisely Karl, people do have a right to play football in Jamaica provided they have nothing to do with JFF or the people under its jurisdiction. If the JFF dont like it then they can ban those people from JFF competitions and access to JFF resources such as those that you mentioned.

The Jamaican society is so dominated by outlaws such as The President in West Kingston that some of us really do not know that no group in Jamaica has the right to tell another group what to do unless there is a law or agreement that allows it.

The JFF can only claim jurisdiction over people who sign some agreement to be subjected to this document.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/jff/JFFConstitution.PDF
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Doesn't seem to make sense to me, Sickko.

If me and mi kru orgainse a likkle 6-a-side tournament, using our owna referees, yuh mean to tell mi dat if Captain Burrell drive by, or hovers over the field, he can tell us to stop the competition because it was not registered in the JFF offices?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post

The JFF can only claim jurisdiction over people who sign some agreement to be subjected to this document.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/jff/JFFConstitution.PDF
          You are correct and ISSA could not go other than signing 'those agreements' unless it wanted to deny their students another alternate path to social mobilisation (e.g. pathways to becoming professionals - players, administrators, officials, etc. in the football industry)...not to mention thinking on the risk of parents and student uproar! Right?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mosiah I am sure you know better than that and so I wont say any further but for Time to be going on about ISSA's affiliation to JFF and thus CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA is down right ridiculous and a waste of my precious time...
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

if you use your own referees.. no.. but he can said no sactioned ref can ref that leauge or sanctioned player plays in that league.

Comment

And so while we debate who has jurisdiction over whom the problem festers, blossoms and expands....hopefully not.
                Peter R

Comment

Sickko, you just admitted that I was correct. In law, affiliation (from Latin ad-filiare, to adopt as a son) is the term to describe a partnership between two or more parties.

If there is no Jamaican law that makes ISSA answerable to the JFF then ISSA could only be answerable to JFF because of an agreement between the JFF and ISSA.

With it without an agreement, Burrell would not dare to pull the JFF affiliated people from ISSA or ban the school boys. That is the reason why Burrell is making his emotional cry baby public speeches.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I do not think it is a Jamaican law which links the two. ISSA run competitions follow FIFA rules, they use FIFA registered referees etc. FIFA run football internationally. The national football association of Jamaica is affiliated to FIFA by the entity called the JFF. If you can agree that ISSA submits to FIFA, the ultimate authority in the sport, I am sure you can understand how ISSA reports to the JFF.

I guess you would also say the International Olympic Committee can make whatever decisions they want regarding to how they run the Olympic football competitions. You would be surprised how closely FIFA control the sport for the Olympics.

When you try to think about the ultimate authority in the sport, think FIFA. Then go down the chain of command and you will see that ISSA does not report directly to FIFA, so they must report to the JFF.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Waste of frigging time...I wonder if it Lazie or Assassin hijack the man name and posting under his handle....sigh...
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        I do not think it is a Jamaican law which links the two. ISSA run competitions follow FIFA rules, they use FIFA registered referees etc. FIFA run football internationally. The national football association of Jamaica is affiliated to FIFA by the entity called the JFF. If you can agree that ISSA submits to FIFA, the ultimate authority in the sport, I am sure you can understand how ISSA reports to the JFF.

I guess you would also say the International Olympic Committee can make whatever decisions they want regarding to how they run the Olympic football competitions. You would be surprised how closely FIFA control the sport for the Olympics.

When you try to think about the ultimate authority in the sport, think FIFA. Then go down the chain of command and you will see that ISSA does not report directly to FIFA, so they must report to the JFF.
                        We all on the same page. None of us believes that there is any law that gives the JFF the right to control football in Jamaica. We all believe that its all by agreement. Perhaps, Sickko did not know that an affliation is an agreement.

Karl understands this thing perfectly. The whole thing is by agreement but FIFA has enough power to force interested parties to sign the agreement.

Yes I am aware that FIFA keeps a tight lid on olympic competitions and no I dont expect that the IOC would challenge FIFA. FIFA would ban everybody that is associated with an IOC competition that did not have FIFA's approval.

The only person who would have had the guts and the money to challenge FIFA was the late Kerry Packer. He could afford to pay a player to retire after a life ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post

We all on the same page. None of us believes that there is any law that gives the JFF the right to control football in Jamaica. We all believe that its all by agreement. Perhaps, Sickko did not know that an affliation is an agreement.

Karl understands this thing perfectly. The whole thing is by agreement but FIFA has enough power to force interested parties to sign the agreement.

Yes I am aware that FIFA keeps a tight lid on olympic competitions and no I dont expect that the IOC would challenge FIFA. FIFA would ban everybody that is associated with an IOC competition that did not have FIFA's approval.

The only person who probably would have had the guts and the money to challenge FIFA was the late Kerry Packer. He could afford to pay a player to retire after a life ban. I say probably because FIFA is like a lion compare to the house cats that control World Cricktet. FIFA would fight to the last man standing.

Comment

Working...
                          X