X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ghana create history?

By Jonathan Pearce
    BBC football commentator

It was on the temporary bridge between the media centre and the Ellis Park Stadium back in June when an expert in African football boldly advised me to have a bet on Ghana to win the 2010 World Cup.

(See article at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8299149.stm).
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Garvey black stars to win, well that would be one hell of a feat, i would love it but I am not sure that the side is strong enough, Brazil is going to be phenomenal and I think teh Concacaf teams are all going to make a strong surge and get three teams in round two.

Comment

yuh haffi admit...that is a wassy midifeld....perhaps only spain boast a more impressive looking midfield.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nice!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

They have a top class midfield, but the defense and attack are not up to the same standard. Neither is the goalkeeping.

A few years back these same kinds of articles were being written about Nigeria.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

I can never forget the 93 finals in Australia; brasil had to dig deep to beat them. haven't seen this team though. I sense it's gonn a be another Ghana/brasil final. If so, should be an exciting game.

Comment

Well there are leading 2-0 in their

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              By Jonathan Pearce
              BBC football commentator

It was on the temporary bridge between the media centre and the Ellis Park Stadium back in June when an expert in African football boldly advised me to have a bet on Ghana to win the 2010 World Cup.

(See article at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8299149.stm).
              semi-final match.
              Last edited by Karl; October 13, 2009, 11:30 AM. Reason: Correction
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Good article, otherwise anything is possible in South Africa .
                Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                X