X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp denies departure rumours

Redknapp denies departure rumours

Redknapp has guided Spurs to five wins in their first seven games

Harry Redknapp has denied he is to leave Tottenham despite speculation he could become the first Premier League boss to lose his job this season. Bookmakers slashed the odds on the Spurs manager departing White Hart Lane from 50-1 to evens at one point.
    But Redknapp, who has guided Tottenham to their best start to a season for 50 years, said: "I'm definitely not leaving. It's absolute nonsense.

"I couldn't be happier. I love it here and I have no intention of leaving."
    Graham Sharpe from bookmakers William Hill said: "It is probably a bandwagon effect as usual, based on unsubstantiated gossip.

"But in volatile markets of this nature you can't afford to take a chance and we are being inundated with calls from punters wanting to bet that Harry will be the first to go."

Redknapp left Portsmouth to join the London club in October 2008 after Spurs sacked Juande Ramos.

Spurs have won five of their first seven Premier League games this season and are fourth in the table.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

A wah dis faada?
    Weh Scaly deh?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X