RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jamaica desperately needs a two-way midfielder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamaica desperately needs a two-way midfielder...

i am very concerned about our chances of making it to the motherland with the current void that exists in the midfield... bora has his work cut out for him in solving this critical problem... the top teams have the modern midfielders that we do not currently have...

any prospects on the rock...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

RE: jamaica desperately needs a two-way midfielder...

Unfortunately for us those type of midfielders have to be groomed but fortunately for us the raw material is there and the requisite skills, intelligence and physical ability is there.(after all aren't we Africans so it goes without saying, no dunce people could have constructed the pyramids, then again maybe aliens did it :hehe

Jamaica can groom two way midfielders but first we need the mindframe to do it

we have to make sure our coaches are on a mental level first and to do that we must make sure they read

TK have you read the book $40 million dollar slaves? No self respecting black man in America should be without that book.

respect

Comment

BADDAZ U R SPOT ON !

There is no stell in the midfield now, Hyde was the man and now Kari is the one but he is not the right man for the job.

That is for sure a priority for Bora.

Comment

TK have you read the book $40 million dollar slaves? No self respecting black man in America should be without that book.
        No can't say that I have. Drop a summary nuh man. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Essien is a world class midfielder, the type of midfielder Baddaz is asking about. There is a program on Gol TV called Futball Mundial, check it out.

Essien, Appiah and alot of those African stars all passed through some football academy where they are under the eyes of people who know and understand the game. Others find there way to leagues in Norway, Sweden etc, and eventually find their way into leagues in France, Spain etc.

We! We only concerned about D Cup and Manning Cup. Too much emphasis is placed there, yet we cannot hear anything when the U13 & U15 leagues are being played. But as usual, we duh things the wrong way.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Baddaz (11/29/2006)i am very concerned about our chances of making it to the motherland with the current void that exists in the midfield... bora has his work cut out for him in solving this critical problem... the top teams have the modern midfielders that we do not currently have...

any prospects on the rock...
            Agree 100%. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

We have the personnels to groom: Damien Francis; Ricahrd Langley; Micah Hyde; Kevon Harris; Omar Daley; Sean Fraser, Khari Stephenson and,I would also include, Jason Euell in that lot. Give them to Bora and I'm sure he will mold them into what he needs.

Frankly, the position/3rd of the field which worries me is the striker. We have forwards but not many with the killer instinct of a clinical finisher. The onlyfour we have are Luton Shelton, Reon Nelson, Onandi Lowe and Deon Burton.Of those four, only Luton Shelton is promising. Lowe is on the downside of his career and may never get another national game. Nelson's national career was basically written of with that Rudolph Speid article. And while Deon Burton is still playing well for Sheffield Wednesday, he has really done poorly on recent national duties.
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Farmah (11/29/2006)We have the personnels to groom: Damien Francis; Ricahrd Langley; Micah Hyde; Kevon Harris; Omar Daley; Sean Fraser, Khari Stephenson and,I would also include, Jason Euell in that lot. Give them to Bora and I'm sure he will mold them into what he needs.

Frankly, the position/3rd of the field which worries me is the striker. We have forwards but not many with the killer instinct of a clinical finisher. The onlyfour we have are Luton Shelton, Reon Nelson, Onandi Lowe and Deon Burton.Of those four, only Luton Shelton is promising. Lowe is on the downside of his career and may never get another national game. Nelson's national career was basically written of with that Rudolph Speid article. And while Deon Burton is still playing well for Sheffield Wednesday, he has really done poorly on recent national duties.
                So Marlon King cannot get a look in from you?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i thin they may want to groom Obrien White for this. They may also want to enquire about Damian Francis.

Comment

Hail up BaddaZZZ, dat tape deh wicked IYAH, how long now? everyday The Mexxx Man guh a mailboxxx and everyday The Mexxx Man :

Ok, back to football, what is the definition of a two way midFEELER?

and name one in CONCACAF please, you have to educate u nuh mi LION. I bet you nuff people have different views of two way midFEELER.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

ShattNOT!!!

preach de teach

preach de teach

De TEACHERS are the ROOTS for a beautiful sustained OAK, Soursop Tree, Ackee football powerhouse
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

The best prospect we have produced for this job has been Omar Daley. I had high hopes that he would become a 'super midfielder'ala Patrick Vieira with the blend of speed skill workrate and aggression, but defensively he is too rash and offensively he is not consistent enough. I do wonder if with all the experience hehas been gettingin the national team at both defensive and offensive positions if hecan still become what he promised in his early years.
                        SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Working...
                        X