Freddy Madrid Bound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Madrid Bound?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom><A class=title>Freddy Madrid Bound?</A></TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><DIV class=inlineads><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>

Teenage sensation Freddy Adu will turn his back on Manchester United at the end of this week despite an impressive trial at the world’s biggest club.

The Ghanaian born winger has surprised a skeptical team, with his skill while training with The Red Devils youth academy, but he has insisted that he wants to play for Real Madrid citing a belief that the EPL is too physical for him.

Alexi Lalas recently explained, his concerns as to Adu’s unsuitability to the EPL, the former Padova defensive men explained:

“He can play but I worry about his size. He needs the right club, otherwise he’ll get swallowed up on and off the pitch. He's not a player that can adapt to anything."

Adu is apparently in agreement with the former international, and added another twist to his on going transfer saga, when sources close to Adu revealed:

“Its fair to say everybody has been surprised by Freddy’s level of talent. He may not be the biggest but he proved he has a good skill and can play at this level. However, he’s said he wants to sign for Real Madrid, because he feels he’ll be more suited to Spanish game, which unlike England is less physical.”

Manchester United and Chelsea had both been considered to be front runners for the soccer phenom’s signature, despite a perceived lack of progress at DC United. And suffering the ignominy of being benched while trying to claw back a 0-1 deficit, against the New England Revolution in this year’s MLS play offs.

Adu first mentioned a possible move to Spain in 2004, but may have also been prompted to turn his attentions to The Madrid giants, having seen fellow international Tim Howard been shown the door, and the persistent unrest at Chelsea from the likes of Joe Cole, Robben, and Wright Phillips for receiving limited first team opportunities.

The MLS’s original boy wonder, Bobby Convey has nothing but sympathy for the seventeen year old and worries that too much is being expected of Adu:

“Freddy is 17. He has people around him that fill his head with ideas, and with different ways of thinking, he has a lot of pressure on him and he hasn’t progressed as fast as he wanted to.

“I’ve known Freddy for while now and he is a good player and a nice guy. He is very young. He will be good some day and, he is good now. It’s his choice I can’t say anything else what ever he thinks is best for himself he should do it.

Should Adu realize his European dream, he will have to wait until he turns 18 on June 2nd, 2007 before completing a move according to FIFA regulations.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: Freddy Madrid Bound?

I don't know if Robinho is ready

to take on an apprentice right now (seeing that he is busy with CL and La liga titles) but let's see Give Freddy credit, he wants to learn and play skill ball. I can just see him licking his lips to rub shoulders with Ronaldo (the true Phenom) go for it Freddy

Comment

RE: Freddy Madrid Bound?

Jawge (11/29/2006)I don't know if Robinho is ready

to take on an apprentice right now (seeing that he is busy with CL and La liga titles) but let's see Give Freddy credit, he wants to learn and play skill ball. I can just see him licking his lips to rub shoulders with Ronaldo (the true Phenom) go for it Freddy
      LOL...yu gwan... - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
      X