RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siccko, were you given any monetary compensation, tips, or valued advice for the Dehring article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siccko, were you given any monetary compensation, tips, or valued advice for the Dehring article

I am just curious, as I know "of" Dehring, not very well, but just wonderedwhy you would want that article on the front page of RBSC, after you gladly promoted him in the Observer.

You want to show how far you can promote the "EVENT"

Anyway, you probably cant answer this if it was so or answer truthfully but I wondered so I asked.

Jamaica is a very tiny country
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

RE: Siccko, were you given any monetary compensation, tips, or valued advice for the Dehring article

I can answer that easily...I only collect from media houses with whom I have a signed contract, true Jamaica is small, maybe smaller than you think and having being in the media since 1982 I can bet you all I will earn over the next 10 years, you will NEVER hear my name being called in any payola scheme.

I asked for it to be put on the front pages as I know that if it was left up to some of the admin people here the story would never see the light of day as it did not suit their purposes.

I hope that answer your question and for the record I will tell you that it bothers me that anyone that can question my integrity, especially when it comes to money.

I still take taxi and there are things I would love to have but I will do without until I can afford them and every night I go to my bed I can sleep the sleep of the innocent, knowing I never try to use my position in the media for unethical purposes.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

RE: Siccko, were you given any monetary compensation, tips, or valued advice for the Dehring article

cho Sickko the man nuh mean it that way.

One thing we know is that you get bruised easily.

Mi sure Mexxx nah question your interigity. Him just a say it seems like you a push the man and nuff people have them candidate.

You a tek taxi, only because you nuh want fi drive. Nuh tell me you can't afford a Flintstone:w00t:
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin (11/28/2006)You a tek taxi, only because you nuh want fi drive. Nuh tell me you can't afford a Flintstone:w00t:
        Mi think me did hear seh him have a bimmer wid chauffeur. Yuh mean dem telling lie pon mi fren
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Easily bruised maybe but in my profession it is never a joke to even suggest any extra on the side for doing any story.

Same way you cant make certain jokes to a lawyer or accountant and in my line of work, any time your credibility gets questioned it is never a joke.

Interesting that you interpreted that post the way you did but I guess it is all in the interpretation.

I still cant see how writing one story about some one who might not even want to go through the process can be seen as 'pushing an agenda'?

Every time Burrell brushes his teeth it is all over the media yet no one ever thinks that some of this might not even be warranted but just his way of using his media connections to keep him in the mind of the football public in Jamaica.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

i agree with you sikko... anuh every joke is an appropriate joke, especially when it comes to your professional credibility... dat a yuh life...

anyway, big respect king son...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Respect every time King man....people must understand that anytime your credibility as a journalist come sinto question, <U>truthfully</U>, then you have lost all you have worked for.

Frome my experience, it is most times the same people who offer the bribes and inducements that turn on you as it is not every time you will be able to deliver the goods they demand.

That is not to say there arent people in the profession who are richer than their salaries from their contract woulddictate, just like some times you wonder how a police constable can own a three story house in a nice neighbourhood and two expensive vehicles in the car port when you hear the Police Federation begging for a 'decent living wage'.

Look around and see how many journalists especially those in entertainment who last very long at any one media house...I could tell you stories and call names that would shock your socks off.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

no need to mi bredrin.. fully understand the landscape and its happenings... didnt realise that you had changed media houses... bless up king son and keep up the good work...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Sickko (11/29/2006)Easily bruised maybe but in my profession it is never a joke to even suggest any extra on the side for doing any story.

Same way you cant make certain jokes to a lawyer or accountant and in my line of work, any time your credibility gets questioned it is never a joke.

Interesting that you interpreted that post the way you did but I guess it is all in the interpretation.

I still cant see how writing one story about some one who might not even want to go through the process can be seen as 'pushing an agenda'?

Every time Burrell brushes his teeth it is all over the media yet no one ever thinks that some of this might not even be warranted but just his way of using his media connections to keep him in the mind of the football public in Jamaica.
                  Dem Siccko ow yuh question fi mi credibility? Mi nuh jour-nah-lis tuh?

...anyway...credibility in all spheresof life is 'everything'! ...an yuh rite fi gi Mexxx hell, as others may have mis-interpreted his questioning of you. Still...I think Mexxx was only wondering why you were pushing di man? Do you know things about 'your candidate' that you should share?

For my part I took your promotion of Derhing as casting around for a person who would be good for our football. AS I said earlier I am thinking it would be good to have a Derhing in the football administration.

Respek, still!

PS: mitink yuh did-a trow wud pan mi bout fi mi stance dat di Captain shud ave been selected JFF Presi laaas time hout?

Mi still tink di Captain fi get back di reigns...with Boxhill in di administrative TEAM. ...hadd Derhing tuh dat han wi may be han di waay tuh sum-ting?!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Most people on this forum know that you are opinionated and sometimes bias just like many on this forum but I don't think anybody would think you are not credible and honesty.

As for the entertainment Journalist and Radio people them in Jamaica, I have met a lot and have some association with some so I know what you are talking about.

Anyway Mexxx have to defend himself when him come back bout.

So what of the Bimmer Huntress talk about
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was not 'promoting' Chris Dehring, let me get this straight, I saw the upportunity for what I thought would be a good story and I took it. For a long time now people including many on both Forums (fora?) have been talking about him and wondering and it was based on that why I did the interview with him.

Just like when I heard that Powell would be running against Wallace in St James and now that I hear that Junior Francis is challenging Everton Tomlinson in Westmoreland.

I guess when it was first announced that Boxhil would be challlenging Burrell, it could be seen as some journalist 'promoting' him

It is called journalism and being able to see the story and get it first.

I wa n ot the firts Jamaican journalist to have interacted with Dehring in the last two years and I was surprised that no body else even asked him before. Even when we were at Trelawny stadium there were two other journalist who one could say have strong football credibility- Audley Boyd and Nodley Wright.

I do understand where Mexxx might be coming from however as it is common place in the media for journalist to actually be PR agents for people, a good friend of mine at the Gleaner was caught last year and found out that he was the PR man for many top DJs. he was ignominiously fired on the spot. Matter of fact when he went to work the day he was barred from accessing his computer as they had changed the codes before he got there.

So when the paper thought what they were getting was exclusive news and putting stuff even on front pages of the Star, they did not realise they were being used

Hopefully that would clear that up.

Given Dehring's CV, why do you think he would need me to be his PR person? One strike against me is that I am so far from the main desk and have no influence on what goes into the pages each night.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Siccko, sorry that I offended you, and it is good to know your integrity is of a high standard and you have never taken, and will not take "gifts" to promote someone's venturevia your jobs newspaper for public gain and reward.

I am acandid person, most times with tact, and the question breached my head and wanted you on RECORD since you are a somewhat of a public SERVANT for the good of Jamaica.

Razzz Claght Big SidEEE!!! down 2 love, me poor heart cyaan tek it nuh more
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Everything criss big man, but you have to serve some penance by find us some nice eye candy, seen...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Mek Huntress gwaan talk man, she have agenda, lickle most mi get inna har family but time long and rope short...
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

BaddaZZZ, I wasnt joking, I asked a serious question. Siccko came through with shining colours that more people will have faith and trust in him.

Comment

Working...
                              X