Moment of truth has arrived - Big SidEEE!!! are you ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moment of truth has arrived - Big SidEEE!!! are you ready

<H2>Moment of truth has arrived - Wenger</H2>29 November 2006 <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    LONDON: The next 12 days could make or break Arsenal's season, manager Arsene Wenger said today.

Arsenal, sixth in the table and 13 points behind leaders Manchester United, play London rivals Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea in the Premier League as well travelling to Portugal to face Porto in the Champions League in that time.

"The period that comes up now for us is the moment of truth," Wenger told a news conference at Arsenal's training ground.

"We must not hide. There is a big obstacle in front of the players but I feel they are ready to jump it.

"If they are not, we have no chance to do it. They will try, I am confident. We just cannot transform that into results at the moment."

Arsenal have played some entertaining football this season but inconsistency has left them well adrift of United and champions Chelsea, who are three points behind the leaders.

They were spared embarrassment against Hamburg SV, who had lost their previous four games, in the Champions League last week when they came from one goal down for a 3-1 victory and top place in Group G.

"When you have quality, you always have a chance," Wenger said. "If this team takes off, we can kill teams by four or five goals. Wait until the end of the season before you judge us.

"There is no team who you can say is not reachable in England," the Frenchman added.

"Last year at this time, Chelsea were already out of reach for everybody. It is not the case this year.

"I do not know if Chelsea are inferior, or all the other teams are better. But we have two teams to catch now, which is the problem."

Wenger added he was disappointed that striker Thierry Henry had not picked up the European Footballer of the Year award.

Arsenal captain Henry finished third behind Real Madrid's Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro. Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was second.

"It is a mistake," Wenger said. "It shows that the people who vote look only at the World Cup...They make their decision on that.

"To be consistent in a big championship like in England or in the Champions League for me would be much more appropriate than three weeks in the World Cup," he added.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif
Working...
X