X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eduardo ban overturned

Eduardo's suspension is annulled by Uefa

On Monday evening, UEFA made the following announcement:

“The UEFA Appeals Body today accepted the appeal lodged by Arsenal FC against the two-match suspension handed to striker Eduardo.
    “Following examination of all the evidence, notably the declarations of both the referee and the referees' assessor, as well as the various video footage, it was not established to the panel's satisfaction that the referee had been deceived in taking his decision on the penalty.
    “Therefore, the decision of the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body of 1 September, in which the player was suspended for two UEFA club competition matches, is annulled.

Arsenal Football Club
    then released the following statement:

“We are grateful that the Appeals Body focused on the evidence and made the right decision in this case. We were able to show that there was contact between the goalkeeper and Eduardo and that the decision of the UEFA Disciplinary body should be annulled.
    “We fully support the drive for fair play in football and believe it is important that UEFA provide clear and comprehensive standards that will be consistently enforced going forward. 

“We are glad to put this incident behind us and concentrate on the games ahead.”

[Monday, September 14, 2009]

Eduardo - We have finally arrived at the truth

Further to Uefa’s decision on Monday night, Eduardo has made the following comment to Arsenal.com:

“I’m very pleased that we have finally arrived at the truth. All we needed to do was to prove what happened and we have managed to do that. This decision makes me feel a lot better.

“I certainly feel relieved now. I have had great support from my family, friends and of course everyone at the Club.

“Now I just want to forget about this and think about our match against Standard Liege on Wednesday. I was always prepared for the match in Belgium because I had good feeling and I always remained positive about the outcome. Now we have a final result, I can now look forward to helping the team on Wednesday night.

“All I remember of the incident is that as soon as I had possession of the ball I headed towards goal at full speed. I was very close to the Celtic keeper and felt contact on my foot and then lost my balance. I know perhaps more than anyone else that when you have contact at speed it can be dangerous.

“I just want to say that I’m a fair player. To score goals you must take your opportunities and I’m not the type of player who needs to be dishonest to score goals.”

Comment

good sense prevails

Comment

As it will with the Adebayor situation

Comment

yeah with a 3 match ban for each offense

Comment

GOOD NEWS for the Gunners !!! actually the best news for the past 2 weeks.

Now let's see if we can the the results of the games against the manchester teams overturned too !!
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

The celebration is one thing but the stamp on Van persie should be dealt with fully... Van Persie came at him with a slide tackle over which he jumped but he DELIBERATELY came down on the man's face... inexcusable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ox51LhHo0
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                The celebration is one thing but the stamp on Van persie should be dealt with fully... Van Persie came at him with a slide tackle over which he jumped but he DELIBERATELY came down on the man's face... inexcusable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ox51LhHo0
                Clearly went out of his way to make sure he hurt Van Persie!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X