Dunny.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunny.....

I hope youre paying attention to what is already starting to unfold for Arsenal. Wenger was outcoached today by Mark Hughes of all people and now Chelsea already opened up a 9 pt lead at the top of the premiership with only 5 games played. They have a winning mentality and it was evidenced again today with the performance they put on at Stoke. I said it before the season got underway, and I'll say it again. You cannot sell your best players every summer and expect to compete with the Man U, Chelsea's Liverpool's in this league. Wenger has done this every offseason for the last few seasons and this is why Arsenal cannot win. He refuses to buy some quality and build round his best players opting to buy low budget scrubs.

Adebayor showed his class and why he's one of the better strikers in this league. Wenger shoulda been shown tha door at the end of last season. Tell me honestly where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

Warlord, I didn't see today's Citeh v. Arsenal game, so I can't make any comment about whether Wenger was outcoached or not, but I think your general premise is unfair.

Arsenal have huge debts - AND I MEAN HUGE, somewhere over $1.2B!!! Wenger and the Arsenal board in my opinion are doing the right thing for the long term survival of the club, which is to pay down debt and maximise their return on assets. That means selling off their best players. Their plight is particularly unfortunate as the Emirates complex was sucked into the real estate slide, meaning that they were not able to get the valuations originally contemplated for sales of condos or rentals of retail units. With the global economic crisis running riot, no business (except Real Madrid) can ignore the implications of the economic slide.

I suspect that they have resigned themselves to 'struggling through' the next few years with a 'cheap' squad. Note that based on squad value alone, they are by far the cheapest squad in the traditional 'big 4' and certainly cheaper than Spurs and Citeh. Wenger has been getting performances out of these boys that are beyond phenomenal. Getting rid of him will only make the situation worse as they still won't have the capital to spend to bring in expensive players and they will have to continue to sell high value assets to pay down debt. And all this before interest rates go through the roof...
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

outcoached? suh MONEY nuh matter again? LOL!!!

when a man chat fart is ongle a matter or time....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you hear fi fire Wenger from last year?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=Paul Marin;188108]

Warlord, I didn't see today's Citeh v. Arsenal game, so I can't make any comment about whether Wenger was outcoached or not, but I think your general premise is unfair.
          Paul, I think im pretty much fair. This dates back to last season and the trend is showing a lil bit of continuity. If you recall last season, Arsenal was in a dogfight for a CL spot. A club this size should not be doing that!

Arsenal have huge debts - AND I MEAN HUGE, somewhere over $1.2B!!! Wenger and the Arsenal board in my opinion are doing the right thing for the long term survival of the club, which is to pay down debt and maximise their return on assets. That means selling off their best players
          Which "big" club today doesnt have major debt in football? You cannot stay competitive if you sell your best players every off season. This will have a trickle down effect on fans in the long term and the club's profitability. This is a business and you must spend money to make money.
          Let me ask you this, do you think their shareholders are losing money?

Their plight is particularly unfortunate as the Emirates complex was sucked into the real estate slide, meaning that they were not able to get the valuations originally contemplated for sales of condos or rentals of retail units. With the global economic crisis running riot, no business (except Real Madrid) can ignore the implications of the economic slide.
          That is true to some extent but this is why you restructure in tough economic times. Everyone is affected by the global economic situation but marketing an inferior product will get you nowhere. Just look at Chrysler/GM, they thought they could prey on Americans' pride by telling them that by buying American you are helping the US economy. But the fact remains that their downfall in the auto industry sector was as a result of their own doing, in the form of shoddy workmanship, poor reliability standards, extortionist unions, and poor design. In other words, it had nothing to do with the present economic situation but more to do with selling an inferior product. Arsenal is run as a business, and I would think that entails their goal is to make money!

I suspect that they have resigned themselves to 'struggling through' the next few years with a 'cheap' squad. Note that based on squad value alone, they are by far the cheapest squad in the traditional 'big 4' and certainly cheaper than Spurs and Citeh. Wenger has been getting performances out of these boys that are beyond phenomenal. Getting rid of him will only make the situation worse as they still won't have the capital to spend to bring in expensive players and they will have to continue to sell high value assets to pay down debt. And all this before interest rates go through the roof.
          Like I stated earlier, you cannot compete for top 4 honours with a "cheap" squad. You need quality and depth. Wenger's leadership isnt the answer for this team. Most people are caught up with what he's done in the past. He's done well but its jus time for someone else who may be a better manager to come in and can take this team forward. If not, this team will be in tha same situation for the next few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            outcoached? suh MONEY nuh matter again? LOL!!!

when a man chat fart is ongle a matter or time....

You seem to wet your panties alot whenever I post sumthin that is true. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              you hear fi fire Wenger from last year?
              What has Wenger done in the last 2-3 seasons that makes him virtually untouchable?

Comment

Warlord, there are several big clubs that don't carry debt. Bayern Munich is one example, and you can't get much bigger than them.

Anyway, what do you expect them to do? Pile on more debt to buy more expensive players ... i.e. try to buy silverware? That is a risky strategy. The current strategy is safer and will allow the club to get to more solid footing if they continue to pack the stadium. And they will, because they are a big club with a loyal following. Give them 5 years in the wilderness, then I suspect you will see a far more competitive club emerge on the other side. I have no criticism of the strategy as it will sustain the club for the long haul. United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City have unsustainable strategies as their debt service is too large. Of the 4, only United have the fan base to pull through, City and Chelsea are at the mercy of two men, and Liverpool is screwed and in real danger of becoming "another Leeds" unless we get a new stadium (more debt). Arsenal will be the team to beat post 2014...there is no question about that.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                  I hope youre paying attention to what is already starting to unfold for Arsenal. Wenger was outcoached today by Mark Hughes of all people and now Chelsea already opened up a 9 pt lead at the top of the premiership with only 5 games played. They have a winning mentality and it was evidenced again today with the performance they put on at Stoke. I said it before the season got underway, and I'll say it again. You cannot sell your best players every summer and expect to compete with the Man U, Chelsea's Liverpool's in this league. Wenger has done this every offseason for the last few seasons and this is why Arsenal cannot win. He refuses to buy some quality and build round his best players opting to buy low budget scrubs.

Adebayor showed his class and why he's one of the better strikers in this league. Wenger shoulda been shown tha door at the end of last season. Tell me honestly where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?
                  Warlord,me tired fi tell you the Arsenal is in good hands.Finances dictate what happens with the buying and selling of players at Arsenal.I totally believe in Arsene's policy of not paying crazy money for players.You cant run a business by spending more than what's coming in that is a recipe for disaster.Arsenal had to move from Highbury to be able to compete with the big boys in europe so the new stadium had to be paid for some how.Arsenal still continue to be one of the top teams in Europe and will continue to be so.And finally Warlord.Viera,Pires,Toure,Anelka,Van Persie,Gilberto,Hleb,Eduardo,Diaby,Adebayor were all low budget scrubs.

Comment

i'm sure you can come up with a better comeback than this...then again...maybe not!

"money don't matter tonite, it sure didn't matter yesterday"...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

him can only carry one thought at at time...suh 'low him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Warlord,me tired fi tell you the Arsenal is in good hands.Finances dictate what happens with the buying and selling of players at Arsenal.I totally believe in Arsene's policy of not paying crazy money for players.You cant run a business by spending more than what's coming in that is a recipe for disaster.Arsenal had to move from Highbury to be able to compete with the big boys in europe so the new stadium had to be paid for some how.Arsenal still continue to be one of the top teams in Europe and will continue to be so.And finally Warlord.Viera,Pires,Toure,Anelka,Van Persie,Gilberto,Hleb,Eduardo,Diaby,Adebayor were all low budget scrubs.
                        Dunny,

Let me ask you this. Isnt Tottenham building a new stadium or are in the process of moving from White Hart Lane over the next few seasons? I keep hearing talk about finances/debt and why Arsenal cannot do this and cannot do that. What about competing? You liked what happen last season as far as fighting for a CL spot is concerned?

No one said that you have to break the bank to compete but this is a big club we're talking about here and you cannot tell me finishing 4th or lower pleases you as a fan. Wenger is not taking this team any further wit each season he stays at the helm. As a matter of fact he has had excuses everytime over the last few seasons. He whines about officiating as recently as a few weeks ago against Man U. When will he accept responsibility for his failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                          Dunny,

Let me ask you this. Isnt Tottenham building a new stadium or are in the process of moving from White Hart Lane over the next few seasons? I keep hearing talk about finances/debt and why Arsenal cannot do this and cannot do that. What about competing? You liked what happen last season as far as fighting for a CL spot is concerned?

No one said that you have to break the bank to compete but this is a big club we're talking about here and you cannot tell me finishing 4th or lower pleases you as a fan. Wenger is not taking this team any further wit each season he stays at the helm. As a matter of fact he has had excuses everytime over the last few seasons. He whines about officiating as recently as a few weeks ago against Man U. When will he accept responsibility for his failures.
                          Arsenal have been punching above thier weight for years and continue to do so,Arsene Wenger as worked miracles in his time there.Dont forget Arsenal reached the CL semi-final and FA cup semi-final last season they also finished the season really strong last season,4 games into the new season and you writing them off again after winning thier first 2 games went to Old Trafford and played Man U off the park and were really unlucky to lose.I am extremely happy with my team and in my opinion only Chelsea can stop us winning the league this season.Arsenal as never finished outside the top 4 since Wenger's been managing the club and his record in the CL is there for everyone to see.When you see teams like Real Madrid not progressing beyond the last 16 for 4yrs and Milan playing in the UEFA Cup it just put everything into perspective.In Arsene we trust!!

Comment

[quote=Warlord;188150]
                            Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post

Paul, I think im pretty much fair. This dates back to last season and the trend is showing a lil bit of continuity. If you recall last season, Arsenal was in a dogfight for a CL spot. A club this size should not be doing that!

Which "big" club today doesnt have major debt in football? You cannot stay competitive if you sell your best players every off season. This will have a trickle down effect on fans in the long term and the club's profitability. This is a business and you must spend money to make money.
                            Let me ask you this, do you think their shareholders are losing money?

That is true to some extent but this is why you restructure in tough economic times. Everyone is affected by the global economic situation but marketing an inferior product will get you nowhere. Just look at Chrysler/GM, they thought they could prey on Americans' pride by telling them that by buying American you are helping the US economy. But the fact remains that their downfall in the auto industry sector was as a result of their own doing, in the form of shoddy workmanship, poor reliability standards, extortionist unions, and poor design. In other words, it had nothing to do with the present economic situation but more to do with selling an inferior product. Arsenal is run as a business, and I would think that entails their goal is to make money!

Like I stated earlier, you cannot compete for top 4 honours with a "cheap" squad. You need quality and depth. Wenger's leadership isnt the answer for this team. Most people are caught up with what he's done in the past. He's done well but its jus time for someone else who may be a better manager to come in and can take this team forward. If not, this team will be in tha same situation for the next few seasons.
                            The YOUNG GUNNERS shall be in the top 4! ...then what will you say we have not won any silverware in how mnay years?

...but we shall...this year!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                              Warlord,me tired fi tell you the Arsenal is in good hands.

Arsenal still continue to be one of the top teams in Europe and will continue to be so.And finally Warlord.Viera,Pires,Toure,Anelka,Van Persie,Gilberto,Hleb,Eduardo,Diaby,Adebayor were all low budget scrubs.

...and that's fact!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X