Pele 'The Jinx' strikes again as Nigeria risk missing WC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pele 'The Jinx' strikes again as Nigeria risk missing WC

Pele 'The Jinx' strikes again as Nigeria risk failing to qualify for World Cup

Brazil legend Pele has further enhanced his reputation as something of a jinx, as the country he tipped to progress to the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup – Nigeria – look set to fail to qualify for South Africa.

Pele is notorious for his numerous wrong predictions over the years. Romario once declared that "Pele is a poet when he keeps his mouth shut", while coach Luiz Felipe Scolari delivered the legendary line, "I believe Pele knows nothing about football. His analysis always turns out to be wrong. If you want to win a title, you have to listen to Pele and then do the opposite."

In July, the 1970 World Cup star visited Nigeria and while there tipped the Super Eagles to become the first African nation to ever make it to the semi-finals of a World Cup.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

ah well a nuh him one. It seems like the top strikers can't get it right at all. Maradona, Gulliet, Klingsman and oh Johnny?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh nuh, but him see Pele alone. aaah bwoy.

Comment

The Jinx is Maradona..after him disrespect Pele...how side could have a crack head for a coach??? De man brain gone!!!

Comment

Pele and Lindy Delaphena...bwoy dem salt up dem picks bad bad!?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
            Pele 'The Jinx' strikes again as Nigeria risk failing to qualify for World Cup

Brazil legend Pele has further enhanced his reputation as something of a jinx, as the country he tipped to progress to the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup – Nigeria – look set to fail to qualify for South Africa.

Pele is notorious for his numerous wrong predictions over the years. Romario once declared that "Pele is a poet when he keeps his mouth shut", while coach Luiz Felipe Scolari delivered the legendary line, "I believe Pele knows nothing about football. His analysis always turns out to be wrong. If you want to win a title, you have to listen to Pele and then do the opposite."

In July, the 1970 World Cup star visited Nigeria and while there tipped the Super Eagles to become the first African nation to ever make it to the semi-finals of a World Cup.

(continue)
            Pele failed to help Jamaica when he could. When Pele was in Jamaica and was asked about Jamaica's chances in France 98 he basically refused to comment. He should have said, I am sorry to says this about my host, but Jamaica cannot qualify for the 2nd round ...LOL
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X